- Company Info
- Core Values
- #997 Fastest growing privately held company in the nation
- #61 Top 100 Consumer Products & Services Companies
- #18 Top 100 Minnesota Companies
- #16 Minneapolis Metro Area
- #614 Fastest growing privately held company in the nation
- #28 Top 100 Retail Companies
- #9 Top 100 Minnesota Companies
- #258 Fastest growing privately help company in the nation
- #6 in Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal Fast 50
- #2 in Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal Fast 50
- Provide daily support and assistance with day-to-day activities for Integrator.
- Assists with preparation of written internal communications or external correspondence for Integrator, including confidential or time sensitive information.
- Receives daily mail and package delivery for the company, routing in a timely fashion to appropriate department.
- Sorts and reviews incoming mail for Integrator, prioritizing to ensure appropriate follow through.
- Maintains files and office organization for Integrator.
- Greets visitors for Integrator in a prompt, professional manner and coordinates introductions. Provide general assistance for unexpected visitors on routine matters and uses judgment to determine the urgency of their visit.
- Screens voice mail and incoming phone calls for Integrator, answering routine calls that don’t require input from Integrator or Leadership Team.
- Serves as first point of contact for facilities maintenance issues and coordinates service needs.
- Assist Integrator to maintain accountability with tasks ensuring timely follow through and consistency.
- Monitors incoming email to assist Integrator in prioritizing time sensitive information. Compose, edit or proofread emails as directed.
- Monitors Outlook calendar for Integrator and schedules appointments and meetings when necessary, coordinating with others internally and externally. Proactively updates calendar changes using best judgment and knowledge of overall priorities, preferences and other criteria, resolving conflicts when necessary.
- Assists with event/meeting planning for the company and makes arrangements for facility rental, transportation, parking, materials preparation, food and beverage service or entertainment requirements.
- Makes travel, hotel and auto rental arrangements for the company when necessary.
- Assists with tasks or special projects as needed for BRS Leadership Team and external EO group using best judgment and knowledge of overall priorities, preferences and other criteria, resolving conflicts when necessary.
- Participates in daily planning meetings.
- Assist with quarterly and annual goals and perform self-directed activities to support completion of goals when necessary.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrate a commitment to BRS Core Values and EOS methodologies.
- Other duties, reports and specialized projects as needed.
- 5+ years of administrative support experience at an executive level.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Work independently to manage daily tasks, special projects and deadlines as well as work toward team goals and deadlines. Possess a strong sense of self-motivation.
- Manage upwards and hold others accountable.
- Thrive in a self-directed, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. Ability to adapt quickly as company grows and position or departmental needs change.
- Anticipate needs and respond timely with a solution oriented mindset.
- Build relationships with all levels of employees to provide support to leadership level managers.
- Planning, organizing and managing projects to meet deadlines and ability to concentrate on fine detail with interruptions.
- Manage multiple calendars in MS Outlook.
- Manage confidential and time sensitive information.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills, maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Excellent typing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to use common business machines such as a copier, printer, fax, projector systems and multi-line telephone (Polycom preferred).
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- With direct supervision, demonstrate ability to interpret and solve tactical problems, resolving problems and issues from experience or using a variety of resources.
- High School Education or equivalent
- Majority of time will be spent in an office environment with prolonged sitting at a desk/table, using a computer and telephone.
- Carry on a conversation and perform work in an open environment with some background noises.
- Short lengths of time will be spent in warehouse environment and could have varying temperatures.
- Occasional pushing, pulling and lifting objects up to 20 lbs.
- Other requirements will be established as needed.
- Place orders and general customer support - you get to talk about aquariums all day to help customers with ordering, providing advice on what to order or how to use products and other questions related to aquariums or reef systems.
- Returns and credits - sometimes it happens...customers have to return an order, you can help with that.
- Continued development and self-education in the aquarium industry and general customer service - no problem here, you do this anyway, right?
- Assists with development and ongoing support of the BRS Learning Center - this is why you need to keep your knowledge fresh and current.
- At least 1 year of hands on experience with saltwater aquariums and reef systems - you need to have active tanks and a have a general understanding of what's going on in them.
- Demonstrated understanding of water elements and their function within the reef system - let's face it...it's all about water quality, right?
- Demonstrated working knowledge of equipment utilized in the saltwater aquarium industry - there will be a test!
- At least 1 year of telephone customer service, retail or other service experience and strong customer service orientation and commitment to company core values - it's all about customers, they are why we exist.
- Thrive in a self-directed/motivated entrepreneurial environment - keep yourself on track and be confident enough to ask for help when you need it.
Bulk Reef Supply wants to be the go-to resource for saltwater aquarium supplies and expertise. We stock only the brands and products we, as aquarists, use and trust. If a product does not meet our strict standards, we create it – Reverse Osmosis/Deionization Systems, Aquarium Supplements like Calcium Chloride, Alkalinity and Magnesium, ROX 0.8 Carbon and more.
Based in Minnesota, Bulk Reef Supply was started in 2007 by two friends, Ryan Batcheller and Andrew Duneman, who were seeking a unique entrepreneurial opportunity. Ryan, a reef hobbyist, was tired of adding numerous foods to his tank to properly feed his corals. Through trial and research, he created a well-balanced, affordable and easy solution. BRS Reef Chili Coral Food provided reefers with ONE food source to keep all the corals and fish healthy and colorful. More quality products were added like high purity BRS Aquarium Additives and Filtration Media as well as our Reverse Osmosis/Deionization water filtration systems. We found our passion for reefing in an e-commerce platform and haven't looked back. Today, we still believe in selling quality products at affordable prices. We want to make it easy to set up a saltwater aquarium through the products we stock and the expertise you receive from our customer service representatives.
Serves the customer above all else.
True recognition that the customer is the real reason we are all here. The ability to place the customer's needs above all else, especially when difficult.
Driven to improve and takes initiative.
The drive to constantly improve what you are doing and the initiative to take it on personally. When presented with an issue, you say "this is how my team or I can help."
Motivated by a job well done.
Finds motivation from doing a job well, not because of the reward but because you simply cannot settle for anything less.
Good natured and open minded.
Respectful to each other as well as open minded about each other's differences.
Ability to show confidence in yourself and your work, yet humble when receiving accurate and healthy criticism. Humble enough to set aside personal desires and buy in for the benefit of the team.
Bulk Reef Supply - Fun, Fast-paced, Growing
We are always looking for key talent that fits our culture to help make us the best reefing site in the world. The world of e-commerce continues to evolve and grow and this presents an amazing opportunity for our employees to learn, but also to challenge and improve our company with the knowledge and expertise they bring. With over 30 employees, we have created a hard-working, fast-paced, fun environment where what you do each day matters and has a real impact. All of the employees here wear many hats and enjoy the daily interaction.
If you are interested in joining Bulk Reef Supply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
This position will be responsible for providing professional administrative assistance and office support to the Integrator/Owner and members of the Leadership Team.
Email & Calendar Support
Event & Travel Planning
Work Experience & Abilities Requirements
Education, Certifications and Other Requirements:
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
Aquarium Customer Service Specialist
What job could be better than this, taking care of our awesome customers with your equally awesome passion and knowledge of salt water aquariums? You’ll assistance customers on the phone, on-line via email, and through live chats.
Here's a snap shot of the main things you'll get to do:
Here's the experience we're looking for:
If you think this sounds like a great position for you and you have the skills and requirements to go with your passion for aquariums, Apply Today! A full job description is available, just ask.
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427