- Company Info
- Core Values
- #1370 Fastest growing privately held company in the nation
- #20 Minneapolis Metro Area
- #997 Fastest growing privately held company in the nation
- #61 Top 100 Consumer Products & Services Companies
- #18 Top 100 Minnesota Companies
- #16 Minneapolis Metro Area
- #614 Fastest growing privately held company in the nation
- #28 Top 100 Retail Companies
- #9 Top 100 Minnesota Companies
- #258 Fastest growing privately help company in the nation
- #6 in Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal Fast 50
- #2 in Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal Fast 50
- Place orders and general customer support - you get to talk about aquariums all day to help customers with ordering, providing advice on what to order or how to use products and other questions related to aquariums or reef systems.
- Returns and credits - sometimes it happens...customers have to return an order, you can help with that.
- Continued development and self-education in the aquarium industry and general customer service - no problem here, you do this anyway, right?
- Assists with development and ongoing support of the BRS Learning Center - this is why you need to keep your knowledge fresh and current.
- At least 1 year of hands on experience with saltwater aquariums and reef systems - you need to have active tanks and a have a general understanding of what's going on in them.
- Demonstrated understanding of water elements and their function within the reef system - let's face it...it's all about water quality, right?
- Demonstrated working knowledge of equipment utilized in the saltwater aquarium industry - there will be a test!
- At least 1 year of telephone customer service, retail or other service experience and strong customer service orientation and commitment to company core values - it's all about customers, they are why we exist.
- Thrive in a self-directed/motivated entrepreneurial environment - keep yourself on track and be confident enough to ask for help when you need it.
- Assist with accepting deliveries and loading/unloading trucks as needed.
- Assists with unpacking, examining incoming shipments.
- Receive PO’s into ERP system.
- Notifies Procurement department of damage and shortages.
- Create transfer orders in ERP system and put away inventory in an accurate and timely manner
- Receive and process customer returns in an accurate and timely manner
- Work with customer service department to speedily handle and issues with customer RMA’s
- Process vendor warrantee returns
- Cycle Counts
- Conduct and participate in cycle counts and physical inventory counts
- Solve and correct any inventory discrepancies that are discovered
- Vendor issues
- ID and report issues, such as damage or quantity discrepancies, with inbound PO’s to Procurement department
- Process vendor returns as instructed by Procurement
- Picking and Shipping Support
- Use basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide) to count, measure, weigh or otherwise verify information and products selected against customers’ orders or other records related to shipments/orders.
- Assist with order fulfillment or shipping duties as needed.
- General Warehouse
- Report to supervisor regarding quality or procedure problems.
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, wearing all necessary safety equipment and following all safety guidelines.
- Participate in operations team meetings and special projects and goals.
- Participate in other BRS meetings and projects as needed.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrate a commitment to BRS Core Values and EOS methodologies.
- Participates in all cleaning activities for the warehouse area, including sorting or straightening inventory, sweeping, mopping, wiping tables, cardboard/trash removal and other related activities.
- Other duties and projects as needed.
- Majority of time will be spent in warehouse environment and could have varying temperatures between different areas of the building
- Frequently push, pull and lift objects up to 75 lbs.
- Climb a ladder, reach above the head, bend, stoop, move to different areas of the warehouse
- Stand on feet for long periods of time or entire shift
- Use hand dollies and other motorized lifting equipment or pallet jacks.
- Drive forklifts, maintain forklift license.
- Use hand tools necessary for receiving orders.
- Hear normal sounds with some background noises
- Other requirements will be established as needed
- 1 year of receiving experience.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office, preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of using inventory control software, Sage 100 ERP preferred
- Demonstrated ability to drive forklifts, current certification preferred
- Demonstrated ability to use hand dollies, motorized lift systems or pallet jacks
- Working knowledge of MS Office, preferred.
- Organized, detail oriented and ability to concentrate on fine detail with interruptions.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- With direct supervision, demonstrate the ability to interpret and solve tactical problems and issues using a variety of written and oral instructions or guides.
- Thrive in a high-energy, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Bulk Reef Supply wants to be the go-to resource for saltwater aquarium supplies and expertise. We stock only the brands and products we, as aquarists, use and trust. If a product does not meet our strict standards, we create it – Reverse Osmosis/Deionization Systems, Aquarium Supplements like Calcium Chloride, Alkalinity and Magnesium, ROX 0.8 Carbon and more.
Based in Minnesota, Bulk Reef Supply was started in 2007 by two friends, Ryan Batcheller and Andrew Duneman, who were seeking a unique entrepreneurial opportunity. Ryan, a reef hobbyist, was tired of adding numerous foods to his tank to properly feed his corals. Through trial and research, he created a well-balanced, affordable and easy solution. BRS Reef Chili Coral Food provided reefers with ONE food source to keep all the corals and fish healthy and colorful. More quality products were added like high purity BRS Aquarium Additives and Filtration Media as well as our Reverse Osmosis/Deionization water filtration systems. We found our passion for reefing in an e-commerce platform and haven't looked back. Today, we still believe in selling quality products at affordable prices. We want to make it easy to set up a saltwater aquarium through the products we stock and the expertise you receive from our customer service representatives.
Serves the customer above all else.
True recognition that the customer is the real reason we are all here. The ability to place the customer's needs above all else, especially when difficult.
Driven to improve and takes initiative.
The drive to constantly improve what you are doing and the initiative to take it on personally. When presented with an issue, you say "this is how my team or I can help."
Motivated by a job well done.
Finds motivation from doing a job well, not because of the reward but because you simply cannot settle for anything less.
Good natured and open minded.
Respectful to each other as well as open minded about each other's differences.
Ability to show confidence in yourself and your work, yet humble when receiving accurate and healthy criticism. Humble enough to set aside personal desires and buy in for the benefit of the team.
Bulk Reef Supply - Fun, Fast-paced, Growing
We are always looking for key talent that fits our culture to help make us the best reefing site in the world. The world of e-commerce continues to evolve and grow and this presents an amazing opportunity for our employees to learn, but also to challenge and improve our company with the knowledge and expertise they bring. With over 40 employees, we have created a hard-working, fast-paced, fun environment where what you do each day matters and has a real impact. All of the employees here wear many hats and enjoy the daily interaction.
If you are interested in joining Bulk Reef Supply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Aquarium Customer Service Specialist
What job could be better than this, taking care of our awesome customers with your equally awesome passion and knowledge of salt water aquariums? You’ll assistance customers on the phone, on-line via email, and through live chats.
Here's a snap shot of the main things you'll get to do:
Here's the experience we're looking for:
If you think this sounds like a great position for you and you have the skills and requirements to go with your passion for aquariums, Apply Today! A full job description is available, just ask.
This position will be responsible for tasks related to receiving and stocking inventory and maintaining a well-organized sorting system for all inventory and related supplies. This position works within a team environment with set guidelines to uphold BRS quality standards, established deadlines and safe work habits to ensure customers’ orders are packed and shipped efficiently.
Work Experience and Abilities Requirements: