- Company Info
- Core Values
- #997 Fastest growing privately held company in the nation
- #61 Top 100 Consumer Products & Services Companies
- #18 Top 100 Minnesota Companies
- #16 Minneapolis Metro Area
- #614 Fastest growing privately held company in the nation
- #28 Top 100 Retail Companies
- #9 Top 100 Minnesota Companies
- #258 Fastest growing privately help company in the nation
- #6 in Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal Fast 50
- #2 in Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal Fast 50
- Maintain sufficient inventory levels to meet customer and production department demand, while considering cash flow implications.
- Responsible for leading the Procurement department forecasting and planning with the Marketing department to ensure the right amount of inventory for seasonal, promotional and peak periods of demand.
- Oversee, participate in and direct inventory negotiations concerning price, shipping and logistical issues.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and quality production of BRS branded products.
- Manage staff levels to ensure that we have the correct level of labor for normal, peak and promotional periods.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe, clean, and organized production area that meets all state and federal OSHA requirements.
- Responsible for managing and continually optimizing production processes and work flow.
- Ensure the accurate, quality, and on-time picking, packing and shipping of customer orders.
- Ensure that Picking and Shipping layout is optimized to handle demand during normal, peak, and promotional periods.
- Responsible for participating, leading, and directing negotiations with parcel carriers.
- Responsible for managing and continually optimizing fulfillment processes and work flow.
- Responsible for managing the receiving of all inbound shipments.
- Responsible for managing the replenishment and transfer of goods within the warehouse.
- Responsible for ensuring customer returns are processed consistently and for keeping company return metrics on track.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory integrity through correct processes, scheduled cycle-counts, and year end physical inventory.
- Responsible for ensuring customer returns are processed on-time and returns metrics are on track.
- Responsible for the overall layout and flow of the warehouse.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized warehouse that meets all state and federal OSHA requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe, clean, and organized warehouse area that meets all state and federal OSHA requirements.
- Demonstrate BRS Core Values and EOS principles in all decisions. Ensure core values are in place when interacting with employees and in hiring, terminating, rewarding or recognizing direct reports.
- Directing direct reports and assets to achieve department objectives. Directly supervises all direct reports as well as provide direction for indirect reports.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with BRS policies and procedures as well as applicable state and federal employment laws, when applicable. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work and work schedules; appraising performance; providing direction and disciplinary actions when necessary; rewarding and recommending changes to employees job description, pay and other benefits or perks; addressing complaints and resolving problems for employees or others in the company; ensuring a safe and harmonious working environment for all employees.
- Read through the Core Management Reading Materials (i.e., Traction, Five Dysfunctions of a Team, and others) as assigned by the Leadership Team.
- Maintain a culture of accountability within your department.
- 7-10 years of leading operations in a warehouse/order fulfillment environment.
- Several years of experience managing departmental budgets and direct reports.
- Experience in workface planning for companies that assemble or manufacture their own products
- Experience creating purchase plans – planning for seasonality changes, promotions - i.e. Black Friday and other holiday sales.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ERP system, Sage 100 preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of shipping software, Shipworks, preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of OSHA regulations and procedures.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel experience.
- Experience negotiating vendor pricing, shipping and other logistical needs
- Experience working directly with vendors to solve supply issues
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish, helpful
- Organized, detail oriented and ability to concentrate on fine detail with interruptions.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Thrive in a high-energy, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead a team, interpret and solve tactical problems, resolving problems and issues from experience or using a variety of resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, preferred; or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience.
Bulk Reef Supply wants to be the go-to resource for saltwater aquarium supplies and expertise. We stock only the brands and products we, as aquarists, use and trust. If a product does not meet our strict standards, we create it – Reverse Osmosis/Deionization Systems, Aquarium Supplements like Calcium Chloride, Alkalinity and Magnesium, ROX 0.8 Carbon and more.
Based in Minnesota, Bulk Reef Supply was started in 2007 by two friends, Ryan Batcheller and Andrew Duneman, who were seeking a unique entrepreneurial opportunity. Ryan, a reef hobbyist, was tired of adding numerous foods to his tank to properly feed his corals. Through trial and research, he created a well-balanced, affordable and easy solution. BRS Reef Chili Coral Food provided reefers with ONE food source to keep all the corals and fish healthy and colorful. More quality products were added like high purity BRS Aquarium Additives and Filtration Media as well as our Reverse Osmosis/Deionization water filtration systems. We found our passion for reefing in an e-commerce platform and haven't looked back. Today, we still believe in selling quality products at affordable prices. We want to make it easy to set up a saltwater aquarium through the products we stock and the expertise you receive from our customer service representatives.
Serves the customer above all else.
True recognition that the customer is the real reason we are all here. The ability to place the customer's needs above all else, especially when difficult.
Driven to improve and takes initiative.
The drive to constantly improve what you are doing and the initiative to take it on personally. When presented with an issue, you say "this is how my team or I can help."
Motivated by a job well done.
Finds motivation from doing a job well, not because of the reward but because you simply cannot settle for anything less.
Good natured and open minded.
Respectful to each other as well as open minded about each other's differences.
Ability to show confidence in yourself and your work, yet humble when receiving accurate and healthy criticism. Humble enough to set aside personal desires and buy in for the benefit of the team.
Bulk Reef Supply - Fun, Fast-paced, Growing
We are always looking for key talent that fits our culture to help make us the best reefing site in the world. The world of e-commerce continues to evolve and grow and this presents an amazing opportunity for our employees to learn, but also to challenge and improve our company with the knowledge and expertise they bring. With over 30 employees, we have created a hard-working, fast-paced, fun environment where what you do each day matters and has a real impact. All of the employees here wear many hats and enjoy the daily interaction.
If you are interested in joining Bulk Reef Supply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Operations
This position is member of the Management Leadership Team consisting of the Owners and other Senior Leaders.
This position will be responsible for timely and accurately managing the purchasing, production, receiving, shipping and other warehouse functions. Developing strategies that will ensure information, products and employees within the operational areas adhere to BRS quality, safety and brand standards.
Work Experience and Abilities Requirements:
Education, Certifications and Other Requirements: