- Company Info
- Core Values
- #997 Fastest growing privately held company in the nation
- #61 Top 100 Consumer Products & Services Companies
- #18 Top 100 Minnesota Companies
- #16 Minneapolis Metro Area
- #614 Fastest growing privately held company in the nation
- #28 Top 100 Retail Companies
- #9 Top 100 Minnesota Companies
- #258 Fastest growing privately help company in the nation
- #6 in Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal Fast 50
- #2 in Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal Fast 50
- Collaborate with marketing team to define, create and implement e-commerce technology roadmap enhancements, leveraging the Magento Enterprise platform
- The subject matter expert for all coding, development and integration for bulkreefsupply.com
- Develop with semantic markup, SEO, accessibility, site performance and scalability in mind
- Develop infrastructure plans and strategy to ensure the proper capacity is in place to service online customer demand
- Develop on LAMP stack
- Prioritize the work load for our third party maintenance and support partner and audit their code as needed
- Analyze the root cause of website related issues, develop and act on remediation plans
- Lead and Develop QA testing plans and strategy to include self-testing
- Continually keeping up with emerging web technologies and have an understanding of how/when to apply them
- Lead or participate in team meetings and projects, to include developing departmental goals, procedures and systems
- Participates in other departmental, company and manager meetings as necessary
- Demostrate a commitment to BRS Core Values and EOS methodologies
- Other duties, reports and specialized projects as needed
- 2+ years of Magento and e-commerce website development
- 5+ years of experience developing on the LAMP stack
- Knowledge of integrating applications by leveraging API's
- Knowledge of QA methodologies and best practices; ability to self-test code and provide work direction to others related to web development
- Experience working within a development workflow (development, staging and production)
- Experience leveraging and implementing Website performance best practices in order to optimize page speed and server load
- With some oversight, demostrate ability to interpret and solve tactical problems, resolving problems and issues from experience or using a variety of resources
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills - ability to write technical documentation
- Ability to present complex data in an understandable and relevant manner.
- Organize, detail oriented and ability to concentrate on fine detail with interruptions
- Thrive in a self-directed/motivated entrepreneurial environment
- Demostrated ability for planning, organizing and managing projects to meet deadlines
- Experience with Agile and Lean software development methodologies preferred
- Experience with code versioning solutions such as Subversion or GIT
- Experience with server side tools such as SSH, Shell Scripting and comfortable in a terminal window
- Experience with Magento Commerce platform version upgrades
- Knowledge of Web Architecture best practices on architecting highly efficient and scalable Magento e-commerce platforms
- Able to conduct code reviews of third party Magento extensions with a focus on quality, security, scalability, stability and performance. Able to customize 3rd party and open-source extensions
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, Information Technology or related field, preferred; or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience
Bulk Reef Supply wants to be the go-to resource for saltwater aquarium supplies and expertise. We stock only the brands and products we, as aquarists, use and trust. If a product does not meet our strict standards, we create it – Reverse Osmosis/Deionization Systems, Aquarium Supplements like Calcium Chloride, Alkalinity and Magnesium, ROX 0.8 Carbon and more.
Based in Minnesota, Bulk Reef Supply was started in 2007 by two friends, Ryan Batcheller and Andrew Duneman, who were seeking a unique entrepreneurial opportunity. Ryan, a reef hobbyist, was tired of adding numerous foods to his tank to properly feed his corals. Through trial and research, he created a well-balanced, affordable and easy solution. BRS Reef Chili Coral Food provided reefers with ONE food source to keep all the corals and fish healthy and colorful. More quality products were added like high purity BRS Aquarium Additives and Filtration Media as well as our Reverse Osmosis/Deionization water filtration systems. We found our passion for reefing in an e-commerce platform and haven't looked back. Today, we still believe in selling quality products at affordable prices. We want to make it easy to set up a saltwater aquarium through the products we stock and the expertise you receive from our customer service representatives.
Serves the customer above all else.
True recognition that the customer is the real reason we are all here. The ability to place the customer's needs above all else, especially when difficult.
Driven to improve and takes initiative.
The drive to constantly improve what you are doing and the initiative to take it on personally. When presented with an issue, you say "this is how my team or I can help."
Motivated by a job well done.
Finds motivation from doing a job well, not because of the reward but because you simply cannot settle for anything less.
Good natured and open minded.
Respectful to each other as well as open minded about each other's differences.
Ability to show confidence in yourself and your work, yet humble when receiving accurate and healthy criticism. Humble enough to set aside personal desires and buy in for the benefit of the team.
Bulk Reef Supply - Fun, Fast-paced, Growing
We are always looking for key talent that fits our culture to help make us the best reefing site in the world. The world of e-commerce continues to evolve and grow and this presents an amazing opportunity for our employees to learn, but also to challenge and improve our company with the knowledge and expertise they bring. With over 30 employees, we have created a hard-working, fast-paced, fun environment where what you do each day matters and has a real impact. All of the employees here wear many hats and enjoy the daily interaction.
If you are interested in joining Bulk Reef Supply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Senior Web Developer
The Sr. Web Developer will be responsible for front-end and back-end application development for our Magento Enterprise e-Commerce platform. This position will execute strategy for programming and development of website enhancements. This position will recommend strategy and code standards as well as manage a third party maintenance and support partner.
Front End Web Design
Back End Web Infrastructure
Web Maintenance and Support
QA and Testing
Work Experience and Abilities Requirements:
Education, Certifications and Other Requirements