- Company Info
- Core Values
- #1370 Fastest growing privately held company in the nation
- #20 Minneapolis Metro Area
- #997 Fastest growing privately held company in the nation
- #61 Top 100 Consumer Products & Services Companies
- #18 Top 100 Minnesota Companies
- #16 Minneapolis Metro Area
- #614 Fastest growing privately held company in the nation
- #28 Top 100 Retail Companies
- #9 Top 100 Minnesota Companies
- #258 Fastest growing privately help company in the nation
- #6 in Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal Fast 50
- #2 in Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal Fast 50
- Place orders and general customer support - you get to talk about aquariums all day to help customers with ordering, providing advice on what to order or how to use products and other questions related to aquariums or reef systems.
- Returns and credits - sometimes it happens...customers have to return an order, you can help with that.
- Continued development and self-education in the aquarium industry and general customer service - no problem here, you do this anyway, right?
- Assists with development and ongoing support of the BRS Learning Center - this is why you need to keep your knowledge fresh and current.
- At least 1 year of hands on experience with saltwater aquariums and reef systems - you need to have active tanks and a have a general understanding of what's going on in them.
- Demonstrated understanding of water elements and their function within the reef system - let's face it...it's all about water quality, right?
- Demonstrated working knowledge of equipment utilized in the saltwater aquarium industry - there will be a test!
- At least 1 year of telephone customer service, retail or other service experience and strong customer service orientation and commitment to company core values - it's all about customers, they are why we exist.
- Thrive in a self-directed/motivated entrepreneurial environment - keep yourself on track and be confident enough to ask for help when you need it.
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME)
- Write instructional detail for products and general salt water aquarium guidance.
- Write blog articles and product review content and respond to customer feedback.
- Participate in new product sourcing, forecasting and understand the emerging salt water aquarium trends.
- Participate in ongoing training regarding the salt water aquarium industry, reefing systems and BRS products.
- Product Descriptions
- Write all product descriptions, instructional aides and BRS brand label detail.
- Customer Generated Content
- Manage the online customer feedback tools and respond to customer questions regarding product descriptions and related website content.
- Coordinate with internal departments as necessary; providing guidance for offsite customer inquiries and comments.
- Review online customer product reviews and related content; approving or declining as necessary.
- Stays informed of related emerging technologies and have an understanding of how/when to apply them.
- Demonstrate a commitment to BRS Core Values and EOS methodologies.
- Work independently to manage daily tasks, special projects and deadlines as well as work toward team goals and deadlines.
- Participate in team development of quarterly and annual project-based goals and perform self-directed activities to support completion of goals.
- Participate in User Experience team meetings and other meetings and projects as needed.
- Other duties, projects and reports as needed
- 4+ years experience in content writing or other technical writing.
- Experience with Word Press, Magento or similar CMS system.
- Knowledge of SEO principles.
- 1+ years of experience with saltwater aquariums and reef systems.
- Familiarity with reverse osmosis and reverse osmosis/de-ionization systems utilized in the saltwater aquarium industry, preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of water elements and their function within the reef aquarium, preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of equipment utilized in the saltwater aquarium industry.
- Demonstrated experience using MS Office.
- Excellent typing, proofreading and editing skills with a keen eye for detail, especially as it relates to website content.
- Possess a strong sense of self-motivation and thrive in a self-directed, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. Ability to adapt quickly as company grows and position or departmental needs change.
- Planning, organizing and managing projects to meet deadlines and ability to concentrate on fine detail with interruptions.
- Excellent oral communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve tactical problems, interpret, resolving problems and issues using a variety of written and oral instructions or guides.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Communications, Journalism or related field, preferred; or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience.
Bulk Reef Supply wants to be the go-to resource for saltwater aquarium supplies and expertise. We stock only the brands and products we, as aquarists, use and trust. If a product does not meet our strict standards, we create it – Reverse Osmosis/Deionization Systems, Aquarium Supplements like Calcium Chloride, Alkalinity and Magnesium, ROX 0.8 Carbon and more.
Based in Minnesota, Bulk Reef Supply was started in 2007 by two friends, Ryan Batcheller and Andrew Duneman, who were seeking a unique entrepreneurial opportunity. Ryan, a reef hobbyist, was tired of adding numerous foods to his tank to properly feed his corals. Through trial and research, he created a well-balanced, affordable and easy solution. BRS Reef Chili Coral Food provided reefers with ONE food source to keep all the corals and fish healthy and colorful. More quality products were added like high purity BRS Aquarium Additives and Filtration Media as well as our Reverse Osmosis/Deionization water filtration systems. We found our passion for reefing in an e-commerce platform and haven't looked back. Today, we still believe in selling quality products at affordable prices. We want to make it easy to set up a saltwater aquarium through the products we stock and the expertise you receive from our customer service representatives.
Serves the customer above all else.
True recognition that the customer is the real reason we are all here. The ability to place the customer's needs above all else, especially when difficult.
Driven to improve and takes initiative.
The drive to constantly improve what you are doing and the initiative to take it on personally. When presented with an issue, you say "this is how my team or I can help."
Motivated by a job well done.
Finds motivation from doing a job well, not because of the reward but because you simply cannot settle for anything less.
Good natured and open minded.
Respectful to each other as well as open minded about each other's differences.
Ability to show confidence in yourself and your work, yet humble when receiving accurate and healthy criticism. Humble enough to set aside personal desires and buy in for the benefit of the team.
Bulk Reef Supply - Fun, Fast-paced, Growing
We are always looking for key talent that fits our culture to help make us the best reefing site in the world. The world of e-commerce continues to evolve and grow and this presents an amazing opportunity for our employees to learn, but also to challenge and improve our company with the knowledge and expertise they bring. With over 40 employees, we have created a hard-working, fast-paced, fun environment where what you do each day matters and has a real impact. All of the employees here wear many hats and enjoy the daily interaction.
If you are interested in joining Bulk Reef Supply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Aquarium Customer Service Specialist
What job could be better than this, taking care of our awesome customers with your equally awesome passion and knowledge of salt water aquariums? You’ll assistance customers on the phone, on-line via email, and through live chats.
Here's a snap shot of the main things you'll get to do:
Here's the experience we're looking for:
If you think this sounds like a great position for you and you have the skills and requirements to go with your passion for aquariums, Apply Today! A full job description is available, just ask.
This position is responsible for writing technical content related to BRS products, educational instructions, salt water aquarium information and other related website content.
Work Experience and Abilities Requirements: