- Super Reef Octopus SRO-6000SSS 12” Space Saver Protein Skimmer
The Super Reef Octopus SRO-6000SSS 12" Space Saver Protein Skimmer has all the performance you've come to expect from the expert series of Super Reef Octopus with the pump built into the bottom of the skimmer to save on sump space.
- Rated for tanks up to 600 gallons
- BRS recommended for tanks up to 550 gallons
- Modified conical body for enhanced foam production
- Bubble Blaster 5000 pinwheel pump
- Quiet and efficient
Well Stocked Tank - Rated up to 500 gallons
Medium Stocked Tank - Rated up to 550 gallons
Light Stocked Tank - Rated up to 600 gallons
- Small Footprint
- Bubble Diffusing Chamber and Hybrid Cone Body - stabilizes foam production for less turbulence in the neck area. Organic solids have more contact time to rise and collect
- Oversized Collection Cup - flow directional guide, drain and unit venting
- 1/2" Clearance to remove collection cup
- Air Silencer - quiet operation and airline mount
- Control - precision control output valve
- Body Diameter: 12"
- Neck Size: 7"
- Foot Print:15” x 12.5”
- Total Height: 25”
- Output Size: 1.5”
- Output Height: 6.2"
- Recommended Sump Water Depth: 6.5 - 7"
Bubble Blaster 5000 Pinwheel Pump Features:
- Water Draw: 480 GPH / 1,800 LPH
- Air Draw: 2,100 LPH / 74 SCFH
- Power Consumption: 45 Watts
*Aquarium set up will determine air and water results.
- 2 year limited coverage on pump
- 1 year on skimmer body
The most reliable skimmer ever made By Rich on 10/11/2017Rich would recommend this product to a friendThe legendary bubble blaster pump is the most reliable pump ever made and paired with the 12" tube is amazing. These pumps used to come with 3 year warranties because of the reliability, but due to liability have 2 years now. The pump is ultra quiet for its size, starts, and stops without issues.
Compared to the Regal 300int, there is NO controllable pump, there is NO float switch, NO apex control or additional bells and whistles to fool you. No controller to be an additional point of failure. You get what you pay for in performance and reliability.
I paired with with the Octopus 300 neck cleaner and cleaned the 1 gallon cup monthly!
Excellant Bubble Master Pump,. GREAT SKIMMER, I tried many. By PRH on 9/30/2017PRH would recommend this product to a friendI ran tubing to 2nd air inlet to a Ozone Generator, its off, but that seemed to make the quantity of air correct and quite stable. I did remove it, the skimmer would then over react when it had protein to skim. I have not tried capping 2nd inlet, that is supposed to make it quiet. It is with the airline to Ozone generator above it on a shelve next to tank. IT IS, A GREAT SKIMMER especially for smaller tanks (75 gallon I have), it was cleaning a 30 gallon 1/2 circle, now a 75 gallon, never too much.
Beast By Jack on 12/30/2016Jack would recommend this product to a friendThe skimmer broke in quickly taking less than 2 days to produce skimmate. Great footprint but tall. Measure carefully if height challenged under the display tank.
Perfect Skimmer!! By Cody Ramirez on 6/1/2015Cody Ramirez would recommend this product to a friendThis skimmer was perfect for my new 225 gave me lots of room to expand the different types of livestock I want to go with! Fits perfectly into the tideline 48 sump
I would like to know the dimensions of the package in wich the skimmer will be delivered.
Thank you for reaching out to us. The skimmer will ship in the manufacturer's box that measures 25x20x14.
Please let us know if you have any further questions and take care!