PQ-510 microCache Bluetooth LED PAR Meter Kit
Get real-time PAR measurements and datalogging right on your smartphone!
Apogee's PQ-510 PAR meter kit pairs the SQ-500-SS2 Full-spectrum Quantum sensor with their new microCache Bluetooth micro-logger to deliver PAR data right to your mobile device using the free ApogeeConnect app for iOS and Android devices. There's no need to play the guessing game and risk your coral's health when setting up your lighting. Most LED lights out on the market today have more power than your corals can handle and our eyes are poor judges of light intensity. Too much light can quickly result in coral bleaching and they may not be able to recover. By having a PAR meter to verify the light intensity you will have tangible numbers to go off of. With the PQ-510 you can not only get instant on-the-spot PAR measurements, but now you can log thousands of data points in the app and store them on your phone.
The extended 2 meter cable of the SQ-500-SS2 allows the microCache to be positioned safely away from the water while taking readings of your reef tank. The SQ-500 sensor is a trusted industry standard for making accurate measurements. The new AT-100 microCache (µCache) micro-logger is a rugged, standalone, battery-powered device that can collect over 400,000 data points and connects the sensor to your iOS or Android device via Bluetooth using the ApogeeConnect app. Together, the sensor and bluetooth datalogger are a powerful tool for monitoring photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) with research-grade accuracy. This takes the guesswork out of setting up your lighting, and ensures that you are providing a proper range of light intensity for your corals to support healthy growth and vibrant colors.
- Sensor designed for underwater use
- Full Spectrum
- Works with all lighting types
- Improved spectral response
- 2-meter shielded cable
ApogeeConnect App for iOS & Android
The app allows you to make real-time measurements, set custom datalogging intervals, measure photoperiods, and more. With the microCache, the sensor can transmit real-time readings, graphs, and tables of photosynthetic photon flux density (PPFD), daily light integral (DLI), and photo period. It also includes adjustable darkness offsets, an optional immersion correction factor, and custom sample averaging settings.
We personally like inputting all of our readings into a spreadsheet to make a chart of light output, and overlay the readings on a photo as well. Having a picture with your tank's PAR levels is very handy to have when placing new corals in your tank.
- Output Range: 0 to 40 mV
- Calibration Uncertainty: ± 5 %
- Measurement Repeatability: less than 0.5 %
- Response Time: less than 1ms
- Field of View: 180°
- Spectral Range: 389 to 692 nm ± 5 nm (wavelengths where response is greater than 50% of maximum)
- Sensor Dimensions: 2.4 cm diameter and 3.7 cm height
- USB Cable: 2 m (6 ft)
- Warranty: 4 years
AT-100 microCache Specifications
- Communication Protocol: Bluetooth LE (Bluetooth 4.0+)
- Bluetooth Range: Approx. 45 m (line-of-sight)
- Data Logging Capability: ≥ 1 second (Sampling Interval); 1-60 minutes (Averaging Interval)
- Data Log Capacity: Over 400,000 Entries (approx. 9 months at a 1-minute logging interval)
- Time Accuracy: ± 30 seconds per month at 0° C - 70° C
- Battery Type: 2/3 AA 3.6 Volt Lithium Battery
- Operating Environment: -40 to 85 C
- Dimensions: 2.59"L x , 2.16"W x .71"H
- Weight: 52 g
- IP Rating: IP67
- Connector Type: M8
- ADC Resolution: 24 bits
- SQ-500-SS2 Full-spectrum Quantum sensor
- AT-100 microCache Bluetooth Dongle