Hydros Skimmer Sensor - Coralvue
The HYDROS Skimmer Sensor prevents your protein skimmer from overflowing onto the floor or back into your sump. The HYDROS Skimmer Sensor plugs into any HYDROS Sense Port and does not require any additional power supply. The optical eye on this sensor is designed to be used inside the collection cup of a protein skimmer, so it’s a little different than a standard water level sensor—but purpose-built for this specific and important application. The sensor contains no moving parts that can fail. It’s extremely tiny: it’s a little over a half-inch thick with a circumference the size of a US penny. The optical eye is magnetically coupled with the magnet side measuring only ¼” thick. The cord is on the magnet side so installation is easy. You don’t need to purchase a new lid for your skimmer or modify the collection cup in any way.
- Purpose-built to be placed inside the collection cup of a protein skimmer.
- No Moving Parts
- Magnetic Attachment
- IP65-rating (dust-tight and protected from water spray at any angle).
- Powered, monitored, and controlled by plugging into a Sense Port on the HYDROS Control 2 or Control 4.
- No additional power cord is required.
Just place the sensor inside any protein skimmer collection cup up to ¼” thick. There is a magnetic coupling that will sit on the outside of the skimmer cup to keep the sensor securely in place. Once the waste level in the collection cup rises to the point it makes contact with the sensor, it will tell HYDROS to turn the protein skimmer off to prevent overflowing. Your protein skimmer must be plugged into a HYDROS power source, like the Power 4 power strip or Smart Plug, for this sort of skimmer security to operate.
- Sensor Dimensions: .75”(Diameter) x .55” (Thickness)
- Magnet Mount Dimensions: .75” (Diameter) x .25” (Thickness)
- Max Mounting Thickness: ¼”
1x HYDROS Skimmer Sensor
Login and Registration Form