- 5.5 Diameter x 21 Tall
- Footprint: 7 x 7 (8.3 is the with the lid)
- 1500ml+ Biopellet Capacity
- Max recommended feed flow: 790-920 GPH
- 1/2 Gallon (1882) of Biopellets
BRS biopellets are made from 100% natural Polyhydroxyalkanoates. PHA is a natural substance produced by bacteria to store carbon and energy which makes it the ideal solid carbon source for denitrifying bacteria in the aquarium. BRS biopellets are produced by a leader in the industry, designed specifically for denitrification in aquaria and we believe it to be the best product available. Use of biopellets will also remove phosphates, combined with wise food selections it can be the only type of phosphate control required.
We recommend 1 cup (236 ml) of BRS biopellets per 50 gallons of system volume.
Solid carbon dosing (biopellets) has recently become an extremely popular method of removing nitrates from the aquarium. The exact method of denitration can be different for each tank but it mainly consists of a few things:
- Nitrate laden Bacteria is removed via the protein skimmer
- Bacteria directly converts nitrite into nitrous oxide so nitrate is never produced
- Bacteria consumes nitrates and processes them down into nitrogen gas
- Nitrate laden Bacteria is consumed by tank inhabitants like corals and sponges
Depending on the system it should take 4-8 weeks for the bacteria population to multiply and begin its work on your nitrates. Once you have the reactor going we suggest not making any adjustments for 8 weeks. Give the media and bacteria time to adjust to the parameters found in your tank and begin working. The absolute best advice we can give with this system is to set it up and forget about it for two months. Unless something is obviously not right resist all temptation to make any changes until the two months are up.
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a question
The BR reactors can be mounted externally or internally.
Thanks for the question and have a great day!