Filter socks come in mesh or felt and with a plastic ring or draw string. See below for differences and unique advantages.
- Mesh: Thin, doesn't clog as easily as felt
- Felt: Thicker, better at removing particles, but can clog faster
- Plastic Ring: attaches via ring that fits common sump holders
- Draw String: attaches directly to plumbing
- BRS recommends starting with felt socks and switching to mesh if they clog faster than desired.
Filter sock benefits:
- Regular use will result in crystal clear water most convenient form of mechanical filtration.
- Remove excess food, detritus, organic waste, dust and other particulates
- Convenient form of mechanical filtration
- Prevents larger objects like sand, crabs and snails from damaging pump motors
- Reduces ammonia and nitrate producing organic waste
- Increases filter life
There are no videos related to this product.