16oz Live Phytoplankton - 2 Pack - Tommys Phyto
Live Phytoplankton Ships Directly from Tommy's Phyto.
Tommy's Phyto Live Phytoplankton is a nutritious mixture of four live phytoplankton strains, containing Nannochloropsis, Tetraselmis, Isochrysis, and Thalassiosira species of microalgaes. This blend is great for filter-feeding animals in your reef, such as corals, clams, and copepods. Tommy’s Phyto is a hand-selected blend of these live algaes and provides an excellent source of nutrition for your reef. Because these phytoplankton species are able to reproduce in your reef, they will also naturally consume waste products from the water column such as nitrate and phosphate, recycling these nutrients in their biomass and delivering them to your reef inhabitants.
Directions For Use
- Shake well before each use.
- Add 15 mL of Phyto for each 50 gallons of tank water volume each day for the first three weeks to allow your tank to grow accustomed to feeding on live phytoplankton. After three weeks, you can gradually increase to meet the needs of your reef system.
- For optimal results, spot feed your corals and other sessile inverts.
*Note: Keep refrigerated between uses at a temperature between 35°F and 40°F. So long as phyto is kept at proper temperatures and shaken befor each use, expect a 3+ month shelf life.
What’s In Tommy’s Phyto?
- Nannochloropsis sp: Aside from providing a nutritious food source, will also naturally consume common waste products found in a reef aquarium; a few examples are Ammonia, Nitrites, and Nitrates.
- Tetraselmis sp: One of the best phytoplankton food sources due to its rich amino and fatty acid content.
- Isochrysis sp: A brown colored algae. Helps coloring in all filter feeders, Iso will help to increase copepod populations.
- Thalassiosira sp: A large strain of phytoplankton that consumes silicates and helps to prevent the growth of Dinoflagellates and Diatoms.
|Product Name||16oz Live Phytoplankton - 2 Pack - Tommys Phyto|