- Home /
- VorTech MP60w ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine
Amazing Flow By Deadpool on 9/20/13Deadpool would recommend this product to a friendI have a 72" long Tank, with a lot of dead spaces, once I put this in my tank no more dead space. A huge amount of flow. A+ Design.
Fantastic powerheads By Dennis on 7/20/13Dennis would recommend this product to a friendThese powerheads have no rivals. They pull more detritus out from behind and between the live rock than any other pump. They are extremely versatile and durable. I have MP-20s in two smaller tanks, MP-40s in multiple mid-size tanks ranging in size from 75 gallons to 90 gallons and six MP-60s in multiple large size tanks as big as 300 gallons. Absolutely no problems. I have them hooked up to the Vortech battery packs and those batteries have kept the pumps running for hours during two extended power outages I experienced. I wouldn't buy any other powerhead.
Great Product! By Bobby on 4/8/13Bobby would recommend this product to a friendAs with all other ecotech marine products it's built to last. It's a wonderful wavemaker with tons of power. I have to dial it back on my 220 (72X24X30) reef tank. The corals are happy. I do think it is a little pricy but you get what you pay for.
Great By Scott Nelson on 4/21/12Scott Nelson would recommend this product to a friendI purchased an MP40w and liked it so much, and since I have a 72" long tank, I figured I could use more power, so I got this. EcoTech makes great products and this is no exception. It has great flow, quiet and flexible. It is well built and I will keep it forever. It is a bit expensive, however, but most quality products are. Great Product!!
MP60 first impressions By Joshua on 12/12/11Joshua would recommend this product to a friendHands down best powerhead if your goal is to move massive amounts of water. I have a 450 gal reef and was able to replace 3 koralias with this one pump. The only draw back is the price and and it does make a little more noise then I would like for a pump that is as expensive as it is.
Ask a Question About 'VorTech MP60w ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine'
Previously Asked Questions
by ted nickolite on November 10, 2013, @2:10 PM
could I replace all my power head with one of these in my 150 gallon reef tank. 48" long but very deep?
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Ted,
Having one giant powerhead usually isn't the best route to go as you end up with some areas with super high flow and others with little. Your best bet on a 48" tank would likely be to get two of the mp40's and locate them either on the back glass or opposing sides (you could do one on the back on one on one side as well but it wont work well if you want to create a standing wave).
- Wet Side Dimensions: 4" Diameter x 3 "Long
- Dry Side Dimensions: 4" Diameter x 2.8" Long
- Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 3.3"
- The VorTech MP60W ES uses award-winning technology to let you take full control of the flow. Wireless capability allows for advanced modes and features in which synchronized flow or coordinated flow.
- With all the electrical components outside the aquarium and a variety of easy-to-program modes on the EcoSmart Driver, the VorTech is the safest, most versatile pump on the market.
- No accessories to purchase for wave making or multi-pump use.
- Brushless motor design reduces electricity consumption.
- External motor mounting results in less heat transfer to your tank.
- Adjustable flow rates to best meet the needs of your tank.
- Ecotech 20 hour battery backup compatibility ensures the health of your fish and corals by continuous flow even with a power outage.
- Constant Speed Mode – Set your pump to run continuously at a constant speed.
- EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) - A two phase program to promote maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for corals. Alternates between a resonant standing wave and a surge effect to stir up and export nutrients. EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode (TSM) - Creates a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. Flow varies from left to right, right to left, calm, and ends with a great surge.
- Reef Crest Random Mode - Reef Crest Random Mode simulates the high-energy conditions of a natural reef crest environment. Lagoonal Random Mode - Simulates the gentler reef zone found in a natural lagoon.
- Short Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings between 0.3 and two seconds, enabling the creation of FAST alternating flow throughout the tank. Use this mode to create a resonant standing wave.
- Long Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 seconds and 60 seconds, enabling the creation of slow alternating flow throughout the tank.
- Feed Mode - Slows down pump to allow user to feed aquarium. User can select the duration and speed for Feed Mode.
- Night Mode - Automatically reduce speed and operates continuously at that speed for a period of time during the night. User can select the duration and speed for Night Mode.
- Battery Backup Mode - When used with our battery backup accessory, the VorTech pump will switch to Battery Backup Mode in the event of a power outage and will operate at a user set speed. The LED’s on your EcoSmart driver will count down to indicate how much power is available within the battery.
- Auto-Dim - LED’s are turned off and display knob dimmed significantly, but pump functions in its current mode. User can program how long after use before the driver enters Auto-Dim.
- On/Off Switch - Tap the on/off switch to turn off and turn on a pump. Hold this button to turn off all pumps in a master/slave group. Tap any pump in the groups’ on/off switch and that pump will turn back on.
Quick Compare - VorTech Propeller Pumps
|Flow Rate||Power Consumption||Maximum Tank Thickness||Appropriate Tank Size Range||Clearance Needed Behind Tank|
|MP10 ES||200-1500 GPH||8-18 Watts||0.375"||2.5-50 Gallons||2.25"|
|.375" -1"||120-1000+ Gallons||
Deal of the Day!
BRS 5 Stage PLUS RO/DI System - 75GPDEnds in
Regular Price: $199.99
Special Price: $179.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Hours: 9am - 5pm CST M – F
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427