- Home /
- VorTech MP40w to 40w ES Upgrade Kit
Great Product - Great Customer Service By 1975VBBronco on 9/10/20141975VBBronco would recommend this product to a friendI purchased two of these upgrades. They were both easy to install. One of them is acting up and is turning on and off. I am currently working with Ecotech to resolve the problem. They have not given up as of yet....I send an update later....but I am very impressed with the customer service from Ecotech.
Love it By Paulf757 on 9/1/2014Paulf757 would recommend this product to a friendWorks great, easy to install.
great upgrade By William on 11/1/2011William would recommend this product to a friendeasy to install with detailed instructions, great wireless experience, just a little hardware work that takes less than a minute and no electronic skills at all to replace older units with currents es version, recommended
There are no videos related to this product.
Previously Asked Questions
by selvin on December 26, 2013, @12:16 AM
Do I need 1 for each mp40?
Bulk Reef Supply Correct, it replaces the existing driver on your pump so you would need one for each pump that you want to upgrade.
by Greg on December 4, 2013, @9:29 AM
My is 24x24x40" how many and what size vortech pumps will I need?
Bulk Reef Supply Hey Greg,
Generally speaking an MP40 would cover about a 2ft cube area. Your tank is on the long side for one, a little bit on the short side for two, but overall I think 2 mp40's would be your best bet for a tank that size.
by Josh on December 20, 2013, @2:33 PM
Can you use this controller for two mp 40s?
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Josh,
This unit is just a replacement for the head unit on your existing MP40, it will only work with the one pump it is attached to.
by Shaun on February 27, 2014, @9:35 AM
Is this product just the electrical board, or is it the entire box pictured?
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Shaun,
This would basically be a new head unit (as shown in the picture).
- Constant Speed Mode – Set your pump to run continuously at a constant speed.
- EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) - A two phase program to promote maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for corals. Alternates between a resonant standing wave and a surge effect to stir up and export nutrients.
- EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode (TSM) - Creates a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. Flow varies from left to right, right to left, calm, and ends with a great surge.
- Reef Crest Random Mode - Reef Crest Random Mode simulates the high-energy conditions of a natural reef crest environment.
- Lagoonal Random Mode - Simulates the gentler reef zone found in a natural lagoon.
- Short Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings between 0.3 and two seconds, enabling the creation of FAST alternating flow throughout the tank. Use this mode to create a resonant standing wave.
- Long Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 seconds and 60 seconds, enabling the creation of slow alternating flow throughout the tank.
- Feed Mode - Slows down pump to allow user to feed aquarium. User can select the duration and speed for Feed Mode.
- Night Mode - Automatically reduce speed and operates continuously at that speed for a period of time during the night. User can select the duration and speed for Night Mode.
- Battery Backup Mode - When used with our battery backup accessory, the VorTech pump will switch to Battery Backup Mode in the event of a power outage and will operate at a user set speed. The LED’s on your EcoSmart driver will count down to indicate how much power is available within the battery.
- Auto-Dim - LED’s are turned off and display knob dimmed significantly, but pump functions in its current mode. User can program how long after use before the driver enters Auto-Dim.
- On/Off Switch - Tap the on/off switch to turn off and turn on a pump. Hold this button to turn off all pumps in a master/slave group. Tap any pump in the groups’ on/off switch and that pump will turn back on.
Deal of the Day!
10 Piece Frag Tool CaseEnds in
Regular Price: $10.99
Special Price: $1.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427