- Home /
- VorTech MP40w ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine
Previously Asked Questions
by Charlie on March 11, 2014, @1:09 PM
How many do you need for a 90 gallon mixed reef tank?
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Charlie,
Two would be plenty on a tank that size!
by jim on March 18, 2014, @10:48 AM
i have a 120reef tank would it be better to use 2 of the 40 or 4 10 or 1 of the 40 and 2 10 . what would the best combo be
thanks for your help
Bulk Reef Supply Hey Jim,
With the 120g I would go with 2 of the MP40w models. It would be an awesome amount of flow and be easy to maintain. Its basically the setup we use on all the 120s we set up around here.
by Russ on March 9, 2014, @5:57 AM
On the master and slave I have read, does that mean you only use one of the controllers? I am looking at one mp40 for main flow and at least a mp10 as back up behind all the structure, or even two of the mp10's. Please explain the master/slave configuration. Also, if this can be done with a single controller, do you sell just the pumps without the controllers?
Bulk Reef Supply HI Russ,
You don't have to set them up as master and slave, but if you do then the master pump would be what you would control both pumps with. You still need both controllers as that is what actually runs the pump itself, but in the caseof the mp40 or the mp10w pumps they will communicate wirelessly and the changes you make to the master will be reflected on the slave pump. This also syncs the pumps up so that they match up for things like the wave functionality.
by sean on January 28, 2014, @2:28 PM
Are they controlable by pc?
Bulk Reef Supply Hey Sean,
At the moment they are not, but they are adding compatibility for the Vortechs to the ReefLink which will allow them to be controlled via computer (and smartphone, web interface, etc).
- Wet Side Dimensions: 3" Diameter x 2.25"Long
- Dry Side Dimensions: 3" Diameter x 2.25" Long
- Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 3"
- The VorTech MP40W ES uses award-winning technology to let you take full control of the flow. Wireless capability allows for advanced modes and features in which synchronized flow or coordinated flow.
- With all the electrical components outside the aquarium and a variety of easy-to-program modes on the EcoSmart Driver, the VorTech is the safest, most versatile pump on the market.
- No accessories to purchase for wave making or multi-pump use.
- Brushless motor design reduces electricity consumption.
- External motor mounting results in less heat transfer to your tank.
- Adjustable flow rates to best meet the needs of your tank.
- 36 hour battery backup ensures the health of your fish and corals by continuous flow even with a power outage.
- Constant Speed Mode – Set your pump to run continuously at a constant speed.
- EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) - A two phase program to promote maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for corals. Alternates between a resonant standing wave and a surge effect to stir up and export nutrients. EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode (TSM) - Creates a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. Flow varies from left to right, right to left, calm, and ends with a great surge.
- Reef Crest Random Mode - Reef Crest Random Mode simulates the high-energy conditions of a natural reef crest environment. Lagoonal Random Mode - Simulates the gentler reef zone found in a natural lagoon.
- Short Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings between 0.3 and two seconds, enabling the creation of FAST alternating flow throughout the tank. Use this mode to create a resonant standing wave.
- Long Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 seconds and 60 seconds, enabling the creation of slow alternating flow throughout the tank.
- Feed Mode - Slows down pump to allow user to feed aquarium. User can select the duration and speed for Feed Mode.
- Night Mode - Automatically reduce speed and operates continuously at that speed for a period of time during the night. User can select the duration and speed for Night Mode.
- Battery Backup Mode - When used with our battery backup accessory, the VorTech pump will switch to Battery Backup Mode in the event of a power outage and will operate at a user set speed. The LED’s on your EcoSmart driver will count down to indicate how much power is available within the battery.
- Auto-Dim - LED’s are turned off and display knob dimmed significantly, but pump functions in its current mode. User can program how long after use before the driver enters Auto-Dim.
- On/Off Switch - Tap the on/off switch to turn off and turn on a pump. Hold this button to turn off all pumps in a master/slave group. Tap any pump in the groups’ on/off switch and that pump will turn back on.
Quick Compare - VorTech Propeller Pumps
|Flow Rate||Power Consumption||Maximum Tank Thickness||Appropriate Tank Size Range||Clearance Needed Behind Tank|
|MP10 ES||200-1500 GPH||8-18 Watts||0.375"||2.5-50 Gallons||2.25"|
|.375" -1"||120-1000+ Gallons||
Deal of the Day!
Skimz Monzter SM203 DC Internal Protein SkimmerEnds in
Regular Price: $499.99
Special Price: $349.9900:00:00:00
Deal of the Day!
Skimz Monzter SH1 Hang On Internal SkimmerEnds in
Regular Price: $121.99
Special Price: $85.3900:00:00:00
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
- Rock & Sand
- Auto Top Off
- Cal, Alk & Trace
- Controllers & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
Pumps & Plumbing
- Submersible Pumps
- External Pumps
- Dosing Pumps
- Air Pumps & Accessories
- Salt & Maintenance
- Skimmers, Reactors & Filtration
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427