- Home /
- VorTech MP40w ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine
Excellent Pump!! By Ernie on 3/7/14Ernie would recommend this product to a friendI've been a fan of EcoTech Radions ever since I purchased my first one about 8 months ago. So naturally I was was very keen on getting one of these. Finally was able to get one and I'm completely happy.
Opened it up Followed the instructions.Had it up and going in like 15 min. And that includes pairing it with the WXM module I bought for control. And its extremely quiet. Just a slight hum is all I hear at highest power.
Only reason for not giving it 5 stars is that is stationary No way to direct the flow except straight ahead.
better than any other pump i have used. By alfred on 2/24/14alfred would recommend this product to a friendthey do work like advertised,they have maintained my sand bed cleaner,and they do have power to stir things around.my corals are happier.
now nothing is perfect, the eye sore that was in the display tank is now on the out-side,the noise level is there but the pump works so well that i will live with it.would be a 5 star if there would be some kind of adjust-ability (flow direction) even minimum would great.
i have a mp40 and a mp10 as a support. master/slave set-up and it was an easy set-up.i have a 6ft 125 gallon tank,this set-up seems to be the minimum required for me since i keep them at 70% due to the noise level goes up at any higher setting.
Two thumbs up! By Jay on 2/22/14Jay would recommend this product to a friendTHE best damn pumps on the market. Pricey stuff but you get what you pay for. A little complicated to figure out at first but thats what you tube is for.
Fantastic System By Corey on 2/11/14Corey would recommend this product to a friendAlthough the cost can shy people away it saves a lot of money over having to have 5 or more of the other power heads and then a wave maker. The mp40's keep my acros looking great while being able to adjust the flow of both pumps with wireless up grade they come with standard now, keeps things simple. I use reef crest during the day then switch it over to lagoon at night. These two pumps were actually enough to power my 225 by them selves.
You get what you pay for By Kelly on 2/11/14Kelly would recommend this product to a friendBest wave maker hands down. If you have the money (which is alot considering what its for), and you're wondering about this product, all of these reviews should answer any performance questions. They are worth it. Your fish, coral, and liverock will thank you.
Amazing power By Clifton on 1/14/14Clifton would recommend this product to a friendThese pumps are super powerful and can create waves perfectly. Well worth the money. Don't waste time and money on anything else!
great and smart product just pricey By turbotone on MR on 1/13/14turbotone on MR would recommend this product to a friendI'm running 2 mp40wes pumps on a 75 gallon mixed reef tank.(48x18). i run them 70% at maximum..love the control and ease of these pumps.. i have them on both sides one higher then the other so the current is not crashing with each other..planning on upgrading my tank to a 120 (48x24x24) and running 3 mp40wes putting the third one on the back wall.. if could go back i would purchase 2 mp10wes for the back wall just because i don't need so much power in the rear pushing forward…i went bigger bc these motors ramping up and down can be a lil louder then a normal pump so running them on lower power helps.. it also helps to keep the motors cooler being they're not running as hard..the motor tends to heat up but definitely runs cooler at lower levels..and if you ever want to turn them up to stir things up prior a water change you can do so and really stir things up as well.. i run the light pink all day ( might be lagoon not sure but it alternates) and at 12am it goes into sleep mode for a few hrs before it turns back on to the light pink in the morning.. looking forward to mixing things up with different modes on my neptunes system and controlling my lights as well ( 3 radions xr30s ) over all great pump only negative really is they can get a lil loud and hot to the touch if ran on high a lil cooler if ran lower..the price is a lil high but anything good usually is in this hobby.. oh and there easy to clean and disassemble… if you have the money purchase them but don't believe there measurements this is one of those things to go bigger on and run lower power on then going smaller and running on maximum…
Awesome By cdbstl76 on 12/23/13cdbstl76 would recommend this product to a friendDo I really need to review this? No, because the product and company reputation is already well known. I have all Ecotech lights and pumps. I can't imagine being happier with anything else. Well worth the money for this pump to accompany by MP10Ws.
Outstanding pumps... for a price By Nick on 12/9/13Nick would recommend this product to a friendI've got two of these MP40wES' on my 90g FOWLR, and absolutely love 'em. Paired up with an Apex, you can do just about anything with them, and the fact that I'm now emptying my skimmer cup more often proves that these are doing a much better job of keeping the tank clean than my old Koralia's ever were. The only knock on them is the price, which is why I bought one of mine used and one during the recent 20% off sale.
You get what you pay for By Christopher on 11/12/13Christopher would recommend this product to a friendThis is a powerful pump. I have 2 MP40 in my 75 reef and these things really have a kick to them. In my opinion they are to powerful, I have them running at 30% max controlled by my apex. I initially had a problem with them stirring up my sand bed but I found a happy medium while getting enough flow through the tank. Placement is key with these, I have had them running for about 6 months and still am on the fence if placement is better more toward the back of the tank rather than mounted center on the sides. A little experimentation is needed. The build quality is more than exceptional. Great product distributed by BRS!!
GREAT, GREAT, GREAT By hans24hrs on 11/8/13hans24hrs would recommend this product to a friendas good as they claim. with so many options and variable speeds it is not hard to imagine why this is touted as the best in power heads. Although I wish it were a little less pricey, you do get what you pay for, and this is worth it.
The BEST!!!!! By Gerard on 10/18/13Gerard would recommend this product to a friendIf you want the best it will cost you but you get what you pay for. High end quality and reliability.
Ask a Question About 'VorTech MP40w ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine'
Previously Asked Questions
by sean on January 28, 2014, @2:28 PM
Are they controlable by pc?
Bulk Reef Supply Hey Sean,
At the moment they are not, but they are adding compatibility for the Vortechs to the ReefLink which will allow them to be controlled via computer (and smartphone, web interface, etc).
by Russ on March 9, 2014, @5:57 AM
On the master and slave I have read, does that mean you only use one of the controllers? I am looking at one mp40 for main flow and at least a mp10 as back up behind all the structure, or even two of the mp10's. Please explain the master/slave configuration. Also, if this can be done with a single controller, do you sell just the pumps without the controllers?
Bulk Reef Supply HI Russ,
You don't have to set them up as master and slave, but if you do then the master pump would be what you would control both pumps with. You still need both controllers as that is what actually runs the pump itself, but in the caseof the mp40 or the mp10w pumps they will communicate wirelessly and the changes you make to the master will be reflected on the slave pump. This also syncs the pumps up so that they match up for things like the wave functionality.
- Wet Side Dimensions: 3" Diameter x 2.25"Long
- Dry Side Dimensions: 3" Diameter x 2.25" Long
- Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 3"
- The VorTech MP40W ES uses award-winning technology to let you take full control of the flow. Wireless capability allows for advanced modes and features in which synchronized flow or coordinated flow.
- With all the electrical components outside the aquarium and a variety of easy-to-program modes on the EcoSmart Driver, the VorTech is the safest, most versatile pump on the market.
- No accessories to purchase for wave making or multi-pump use.
- Brushless motor design reduces electricity consumption.
- External motor mounting results in less heat transfer to your tank.
- Adjustable flow rates to best meet the needs of your tank.
- 36 hour battery backup ensures the health of your fish and corals by continuous flow even with a power outage.
- Constant Speed Mode – Set your pump to run continuously at a constant speed.
- EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) - A two phase program to promote maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for corals. Alternates between a resonant standing wave and a surge effect to stir up and export nutrients. EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode (TSM) - Creates a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. Flow varies from left to right, right to left, calm, and ends with a great surge.
- Reef Crest Random Mode - Reef Crest Random Mode simulates the high-energy conditions of a natural reef crest environment. Lagoonal Random Mode - Simulates the gentler reef zone found in a natural lagoon.
- Short Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings between 0.3 and two seconds, enabling the creation of FAST alternating flow throughout the tank. Use this mode to create a resonant standing wave.
- Long Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 seconds and 60 seconds, enabling the creation of slow alternating flow throughout the tank.
- Feed Mode - Slows down pump to allow user to feed aquarium. User can select the duration and speed for Feed Mode.
- Night Mode - Automatically reduce speed and operates continuously at that speed for a period of time during the night. User can select the duration and speed for Night Mode.
- Battery Backup Mode - When used with our battery backup accessory, the VorTech pump will switch to Battery Backup Mode in the event of a power outage and will operate at a user set speed. The LED’s on your EcoSmart driver will count down to indicate how much power is available within the battery.
- Auto-Dim - LED’s are turned off and display knob dimmed significantly, but pump functions in its current mode. User can program how long after use before the driver enters Auto-Dim.
- On/Off Switch - Tap the on/off switch to turn off and turn on a pump. Hold this button to turn off all pumps in a master/slave group. Tap any pump in the groups’ on/off switch and that pump will turn back on.
Quick Compare - VorTech Propeller Pumps
|Flow Rate||Power Consumption||Maximum Tank Thickness||Appropriate Tank Size Range||Clearance Needed Behind Tank|
|MP10 ES||200-1500 GPH||8-18 Watts||0.375"||2.5-50 Gallons||2.25"|
|.375" -1"||120-1000+ Gallons||
Deal of the Day!
BRS 6 Stage DELUXE RO/DI System - 75GPDEnds in
Regular Price: $289.99
Special Price: $259.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Aquarium Lighting
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427