- Home /
- VorTech MP40w ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine
Outstanding pumps... for a price By Nick on 12/9/13Nick would recommend this product to a friendI've got two of these MP40wES' on my 90g FOWLR, and absolutely love 'em. Paired up with an Apex, you can do just about anything with them, and the fact that I'm now emptying my skimmer cup more often proves that these are doing a much better job of keeping the tank clean than my old Koralia's ever were. The only knock on them is the price, which is why I bought one of mine used and one during the recent 20% off sale.
You get what you pay for By Christopher on 11/12/13Christopher would recommend this product to a friendThis is a powerful pump. I have 2 MP40 in my 75 reef and these things really have a kick to them. In my opinion they are to powerful, I have them running at 30% max controlled by my apex. I initially had a problem with them stirring up my sand bed but I found a happy medium while getting enough flow through the tank. Placement is key with these, I have had them running for about 6 months and still am on the fence if placement is better more toward the back of the tank rather than mounted center on the sides. A little experimentation is needed. The build quality is more than exceptional. Great product distributed by BRS!!
GREAT, GREAT, GREAT By hans24hrs on 11/8/13hans24hrs would recommend this product to a friendas good as they claim. with so many options and variable speeds it is not hard to imagine why this is touted as the best in power heads. Although I wish it were a little less pricey, you do get what you pay for, and this is worth it.
The BEST!!!!! By Gerard on 10/18/13Gerard would recommend this product to a friendIf you want the best it will cost you but you get what you pay for. High end quality and reliability.
Great product By chefbill on 9/28/13chefbill would recommend this product to a friendThis is the second one that I have purchased. I like the programing options and ease of use. The only down side is that you cant aim them in different directions to change flow patterns without moving the entire unit.
Kicks A** By INXS on 9/21/13INXS would recommend this product to a friendThis is a great product...it is expensive but it is an important part of any reef tank. The programming it not easy....the buttons don't really respond to touch very well ...push and hold....and be patient, processor is a little slow. It would be really nice to have software to program and upload to the controller. Really tough to program two or more up under your tank.
This is the stuff By Chucky on 9/20/13Chucky would recommend this product to a friendHello, fellow reefers
I have been in the hobby for two years with a lot of up and down,
Just like everyone new to the hobby. When i saw the price tag for this pump. I was shocked "465 for a pump that is even more expensive than an ipad mini. But after buying this pump . Its worth every dollar.
Ask any true reefer who has alot of the latest and greatest equipment.
For low profile lover's, a MUST! By Randy on 9/17/13Randy would recommend this product to a friendThese rank at the top of my list for best purchases for my tank. Those of us who are sticklers for neat and orderly displays, the Ecotech pumps provide for the cleanest look that won't detract from your display tank!
I originally bought two MP10wES for my 125 gal reef tank but after reviewing recommended flow rates for most LPS/SPS corals in my tank size, I opted for the MP40wES. I'm very glad I did! My corals love the flow! BRS customer service was top notch and expedient at returning and sending out my new pumps. If you are on the fence about these, BUY THEM!
Great pump but... By Jason on 8/28/13Jason would recommend this product to a friendThis is a great pump, I purchased this after being advised by the folks at Ecotech Marine. It is awesome but need two to keep from blowing corals to death on one side to adequate flow in the opposing side of the tank. I have a 90 gallon tank.
powerful and sleek powerhead By Paul on 5/31/13Paul would recommend this product to a friendAlthough a bit pricey I really like this power head. Set up was easy and direction were good to follow. I'm still not 100% sure on the mode programing and night mode but will be spending more time getting that programmed. One thing would be good since I have the Radions would be having the similar software to program via computer. I love the variable speed adjustment. The flow definitely stirred up the debris very nice and was easily sucked up into the over flows of my 220g
Excellent Profuct. By Blennymower on 5/27/13Blennymower would recommend this product to a friendThis is the third Vortech I own. There's nothing bad I can say about it. It works as it is advertised. I highly recommend it.
Great pump ... By Christopher on 5/25/13Christopher would recommend this product to a friendThis is a great pump and well worth the cost . Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because programming it for the first time is a pain and there's no reason for the price they can add a phone application or drop down display on the controller to make programming simpler.
Ask a Question About 'VorTech MP40w ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine'
Previously Asked Questions
No questions have been asked yet.
- Wet Side Dimensions: 3" Diameter x 2.25"Long
- Dry Side Dimensions: 3" Diameter x 2.25" Long
- Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 3"
- The VorTech MP40W ES uses award-winning technology to let you take full control of the flow. Wireless capability allows for advanced modes and features in which synchronized flow or coordinated flow.
- With all the electrical components outside the aquarium and a variety of easy-to-program modes on the EcoSmart Driver, the VorTech is the safest, most versatile pump on the market.
- No accessories to purchase for wave making or multi-pump use.
- Brushless motor design reduces electricity consumption.
- External motor mounting results in less heat transfer to your tank.
- Adjustable flow rates to best meet the needs of your tank.
- 36 hour battery backup ensures the health of your fish and corals by continuous flow even with a power outage.
- Constant Speed Mode – Set your pump to run continuously at a constant speed.
- EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) - A two phase program to promote maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for corals. Alternates between a resonant standing wave and a surge effect to stir up and export nutrients. EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode (TSM) - Creates a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. Flow varies from left to right, right to left, calm, and ends with a great surge.
- Reef Crest Random Mode - Reef Crest Random Mode simulates the high-energy conditions of a natural reef crest environment. Lagoonal Random Mode - Simulates the gentler reef zone found in a natural lagoon.
- Short Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings between 0.3 and two seconds, enabling the creation of FAST alternating flow throughout the tank. Use this mode to create a resonant standing wave.
- Long Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 seconds and 60 seconds, enabling the creation of slow alternating flow throughout the tank.
- Feed Mode - Slows down pump to allow user to feed aquarium. User can select the duration and speed for Feed Mode.
- Night Mode - Automatically reduce speed and operates continuously at that speed for a period of time during the night. User can select the duration and speed for Night Mode.
- Battery Backup Mode - When used with our battery backup accessory, the VorTech pump will switch to Battery Backup Mode in the event of a power outage and will operate at a user set speed. The LED’s on your EcoSmart driver will count down to indicate how much power is available within the battery.
- Auto-Dim - LED’s are turned off and display knob dimmed significantly, but pump functions in its current mode. User can program how long after use before the driver enters Auto-Dim.
- On/Off Switch - Tap the on/off switch to turn off and turn on a pump. Hold this button to turn off all pumps in a master/slave group. Tap any pump in the groups’ on/off switch and that pump will turn back on.
Quick Compare - VorTech Propeller Pumps
|Flow Rate||Power Consumption||Maximum Tank Thickness||Appropriate Tank Size Range||Clearance Needed Behind Tank|
|MP10 ES||200-1500 GPH||8-18 Watts||0.375"||2.5-50 Gallons||2.25"|
|.375" -1"||120-1000+ Gallons||
Deal of the Day!
BRS Bulk Calcium Chloride Aquarium SupplementEnds in00:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Hours: 9am - 5pm CST M – F
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427