- Home /
- VorTech MP10w ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine
MP10w ES 55 gal mixed reef By Nate on 3/5/14Nate would recommend this product to a friendI want to say these are awesome pumps. I had 2 1050 hydor pumps 2 750 hydor pumps and one tunze pump in my 55 gal to get the right flow for my mixed reef. I looked everywhere to see if 2 MP10s would be enough or to go with the MP40's. I took a gamble on the MP10s and I was shocked how much they do. They give out better flow patterns then the other pumps I had. So if someone is on the fence 2 MP10s are enough flow for a mostly sps dominated tank. I have this paired up to my Apax and love them. I will say that you will have to adjust the wet side if you hear a vibrating noise. I called EcoTech they had me take the wet side apart and put it back together and they are silent. I love them! thanks EcoTech!!
Worth It By Jesse on 2/28/14Jesse would recommend this product to a friendThese pumps are great. Easy set up, Awsome flow, and tons of options. Worth the price
Amazing pump! By Steven on 2/25/14Steven would recommend this product to a friendBefore purchasing this pump I had 2 Koralia 600's in my 40 gallon tank. I could not seem to get good flow other than where the pumps were pointing at. This pump has changed everything for me. I purchased only one of these and everything has changed in my tank. My corals are looking better and seem to be more full. I love the short pulse mode to make a beautiful wave in my tank. Also the nutrient export mode does a nice job of cleaning your tank of detritus. Very easy setup, and simple instructions to get the mode that is right for you. Only thing I would say negative about this is the price. Although, the price is high it is worth it.
Great Pumps By Mark on 2/16/14Mark would recommend this product to a friendI got 2 pumps for my 60 gal reef tank. They were easy to set up and program. They are awesome!!!! The fish and corals seem to really enjoy the water movement. With so many features, great water flow , they are well worth the money.
Amazing Powerhead! By Danny on 2/14/14Danny would recommend this product to a friendPurchased one MP10w ES to replace 2 Koralia's for my 33gallon mixed reef. The settings and features of this pump is just insane! Not only do I see a difference, but my fish and corals also feel the difference! Reefcrest mode is probably my favorite, and it's endless custom options will suit ANY tank!!! Highly recommended!
Great Product By Kyle on 2/10/14Kyle would recommend this product to a friendIf your on the ball about this wavemaker because of price, just get it. Youll spend more money in the long run trying different setups of pumps and controllers. I always was put off by Ecotechs high price tag but after trying it out, it was worth every penny. Huge current and undertow, low intank profile and a wavemaker controller second to none. All in all, money well spent.
Awsome pump By Patrick on 1/25/14Patrick would recommend this product to a friendCurrently have two MP10w ES on a 30gallon setup. Initially I tried to save a few dollars and bought the first pump without the wireless module. When I bought the second pump I also had to buy a the wireless module for the first pump to take full advantage of the pumps. I've tried many different pumps and I've never had anything move water like these things do. The user interface and setup of multiple pumps has room for improvement.
Yes they cost more but in my opinion they are worth it. Really helps to keep the clutter out of the display area of your tank.
I wish they had a module for the ReefKeeper to be able to control the modes different modes.
Great addition to my MP40 By The Kiwi on 1/16/14The Kiwi would recommend this product to a friendI got this pump to place on the opposite end of my 90 gallon tank from my MP40. The MP40 is powerful enought to reach the full length of my tank, but I wanted to add extra flow to eliminate any dead spots between my live rock at the other end. As always, the Vortech pumps run flawlessly out of the box and it was very simple to sync to my MP40 as a slave pump. The nutrient transport mode on these pumps is amazing! I removed so much extra crap off my rocks that I didn't even notice before.
I wanted this smaller one because having 2 MP40s would have been too much flow in my mixed reef tank, and I figured there was no point buying the more expensive pump that I would probably only run at 60-70% anyway to avoid blowing corals off the rocks! My SPS, LPS, and softs are all extremely happy and growing like weeds.
Although these are expensive, they are worth it in the long run for the features they offer and the huge amount of flow they put out. Also I can control them with my APEX when I get the wireless module which was a huge plus for me. You won't regret buying these pumps!
Excellent Pump! By James on 1/14/14James would recommend this product to a friendI have two of these running on my 90 gallon reef and they provide plenty of random flow throughout the whole tank. I control both of them with the Apex WXM module to change the operating modes throughout the day. I don't have dead spots anymore and nuisance algae are practically nonexistent now.
Freshwater too! By Robert on 12/18/13Robert would recommend this product to a friendI have a fully densely planted 75 gallon tank. A uv sterilizer takes care of the green water and once i started using the mp10 there has been no algae on glass or leaves, i love it , id say use two at 75 gallons though, apex recognized it without any programing. I love it... Buy a spare pack of sponges, sometimes i change every day, sometimes once a week.
Good By casey on 10/15/13casey would recommend this product to a friendEverybody who has one know these pumps are the best!
Recommend next size up... By Randy on 9/17/13Randy would recommend this product to a friendThese are perfect for the smaller sized tanks as recommended, but don't skimp on these for larger tanks. Get the MP40wES if you have any question about needing more flow!
All in all, a great product for those of us who must have things discretely tucked away for that ultimate "clean" look! AND no heat exchange from the pump!
Ask a Question About 'VorTech MP10w ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine'
Previously Asked Questions
No questions have been asked yet.
- Wet Side Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter x 1.5" Long
- Dry Side Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter x 2" Long
- Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 2.25"
- The VorTech MP10W ES uses award-winning technology to let you take full control of the flow. Wireless capability allows for advanced modes and features in which synchronized flow or coordinated flow.
- With all the electrical components outside the aquarium and a variety of easy-to-program modes on the EcoSmart Driver, the VorTech is the safest, most versatile pump on the market.
- Brushless motor design reduces electricity consumption.
- External motor mounting results in less heat transfer to your tank.
- Adjustable flow rates to best meet the needs of your tank.
- 72 hour battery backup ensures the health of your fish and corals by continuous flow even with a power outage.
- Constant Speed Mode – Set your pump to run continuously at a constant speed.
- EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) - A two phase program to promote maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for corals. Alternates between a resonant standing wave and a surge effect to stir up and export nutrients. EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode (TSM) - Creates a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. Flow varies from left to right, right to left, calm, and ends with a great surge.
- Reef Crest Random Mode - Reef Crest Random Mode simulates the high-energy conditions of a natural reef crest environment. Lagoonal Random Mode - Simulates the gentler reef zone found in a natural lagoon.
- Short Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings between 0.3 and two seconds, enabling the creation of FAST alternating flow throughout the tank. Use this mode to create a resonant standing wave.
- Long Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 seconds and 60 seconds, enabling the creation of slow alternating flow throughout the tank.
- Feed Mode - Slows down pump to allow user to feed aquarium. User can select the duration and speed for Feed Mode.
- Night Mode - Automatically reduce speed and operates continuously at that speed for a period of time during the night. User can select the duration and speed for Night Mode.
- Battery Backup Mode - When used with our battery backup accessory, the VorTech pump will switch to Battery Backup Mode in the event of a power outage and will operate at a user set speed. The LED’s on your EcoSmart driver will count down to indicate how much power is available within the battery.
- Auto-Dim - LED’s are turned off and display knob dimmed significantly, but pump functions in its current mode. User can program how long after use before the driver enters Auto-Dim.
- On/Off Switch - Tap the on/off switch to turn off and turn on a pump. Hold this button to turn off all pumps in a master/slave group. Tap any pump in the groups’ on/off switch and that pump will turn back on.
Quick Compare - VorTech Propeller Pumps
|Flow Rate||Power Consumption||Maximum Tank Thickness||Appropriate Tank Size Range||Clearance Needed Behind Tank|
|MP10 ES||200-1500 GPH||8-18 Watts||0.375"||2.5-50 Gallons||2.25"|
|.375" -1"||120-1000+ Gallons||
Deal of the Day!
BRS 6 Stage DELUXE RO/DI System - 75GPDEnds in
Regular Price: $289.99
Special Price: $259.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Aquarium Lighting
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427