- Home /
- VorTech MP10w ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine
Good By casey on 10/15/13casey would recommend this product to a friendEverybody who has one know these pumps are the best!
Recommend next size up... By Randy on 9/17/13Randy would recommend this product to a friendThese are perfect for the smaller sized tanks as recommended, but don't skimp on these for larger tanks. Get the MP40wES if you have any question about needing more flow!
All in all, a great product for those of us who must have things discretely tucked away for that ultimate "clean" look! AND no heat exchange from the pump!
awesome easy setup By Rogerwilco357 on 9/8/13Rogerwilco357 would recommend this product to a friendLove all the things this pump does from sync to anti sync to sleep mode at night where it goes into slow mode for the night and 12 hours later kicks back on to pre-set mode. Love that it plays well with my other mp40’s also setup to anti-sycn and night time sleep for corals to eat and kick back on anti sync where the pumps on the right come on to set mode for time allotted then they whine down and the other pumps on the other side set at half power come on and do their thing so they are never all on at the same time and keep wear and tear to a minimum love the options from feed modes to every wave pattern i could desire along with the mp10 on the back glass just total controlled chaos wave pattern no sediment on my rocks.. love the units best pumps and investment for my sps tank to date now to get the radians to rock all of the units in tandem..keep up the great quality and customer service and they cannot be beat remember you get what you pay for wp40 users I will be testing those soon.
Overpiced but awesome By Bill on 8/12/13Bill would recommend this product to a friendReally wanted something with a wavemaker feature. After burning through 2 hydors running on wavemaker feature from my reefkeeper, I knew I needed something more reliable. I couldn't be happier with the purchase of these pumps. All the varations that you can choose from are fantastic. Also, when I did have trouble, ECOtech was easy to get on the phone and super friendly with helping me get my issue resolved! I would spend all the money to buy these again!
40 gallon Saltwater tank By Elly on 7/17/13Elly would recommend this product to a friendMy husband has been wanting to get one of these for a while now, so after he bought me an iPad, I went ahead and got it for him. He spent hours playing with it, changing the placement, adjusting the power and trying out all the different patterns and setting. I have to admit that at first, I considered it to be just another over-priced aquarium power head. Now after seeing this thing in action, seeing everything it can do, with so many variations, I have to admit that it is seriously impressive. Knowing the need and importance of adequate water current/movement for specific kinds of saltwater critters and corals, this set up is super efficient, very beneficial, really convenient, and worth every single penny.
Great Pumps By Jason on 7/9/13Jason would recommend this product to a friendThese are great powerheads, and Vortech customer service is spot on if you ever need them. Definitely suggest getting multiple pumps as opposed to one of the larger pumps, to get the full effect of what they are capable of.
Fantastic Powerhead! By Andy on 6/20/13Andy would recommend this product to a friendI puchased the Vortech MP10w ES for my 20g SPS frag tank and I could not be more pleased. I originally had a Hydor Koralia powerhead rated for a 75 gallon tank in there, which is a decent powerhead in it's own right, but this thing is in a different league. The flow is much more evenly spread out throughout the whole tank, and it also creates a pretty significant under current that helps loosen waste from the bottom and helps move it into my filter and protein skimmer. Last but not least the progammable wave modes are fantastic and make the water movement very realistic to what it would be on an actual reef. The Vortech is a bit expensive but I have no regrets, and my tank is doing better than ever.
Great powerheads By Joe on 5/25/13Joe would recommend this product to a friendI got two of these for a 50 gal. They move huge amounts of water, so I only use them at 50% power or less. If you have a Neptune Systems controller, get a WXM module so you can control them via wireless, which works great and is easier than pushing the buttons on the pumps.
Great pump! By Devin on 3/18/13Devin would recommend this product to a friendI have one in my 75 Gallon and it has been awesome, it definitely makes a wave.. I definitely need two though so I get a swaying motion.
Great pump By Chris on 3/8/13Chris would recommend this product to a friendThese powerheads are AMAZING!! Not only do they move water better than any other pump, but the under tow they create is outstanding. The versatility of modes and speed adjustments is something no one else can even dream of matching and makes setting up the perfect flow so much easier rather than playing around with other pumps that shoot water in a straight jetstream. This is not even taking into account the best feature, their size!! Having the motor on the outside is a great idea and really minimizes their appearance in your reef.
I only have it 4 star instead of 5 for 2 reasons, the first being price. They are so darn expensive but you do get what you pay for and they are the ONLY pump out there with their features. The second reason is noise. My Koralias were SILENT and these guys are far from it. During the break in it sounding like a minibike ramping up and down in my living room but after a couple weeks the noise has subsided to an acceptable level where if my TV is on I have a hard time hearing the pumps unless I am paying close attention for it. Still, for the price I would expect them to be able to make the pumps quieter than they are. They are not loud enough to make me want to remove them and the job they do is irreplaceable so dont bother looking for a better pump, it cant be found.
Love my Vortech By Joseph on 3/4/13Joseph would recommend this product to a friendI'm so glad when i started my reef i bought the mp10wes since i was on the fence about adding another one. Well i finally got around to adding the 2nd around xmas time and man does it really show off with 2. I have mine set up on anti sync and the water moverment in my mixed reef is great. My coral are very happy and i love all the different programs you can run to mix it up. I mostly run NTM, but i also like to run lagoon mode and right before water changes I'll do constant mode to stir things up. Maintenance is light, i just clean the wet side weekly and haven't had any problems. Although the price is high, the quality and customer service is top notch and it well worth it.
WOW!! By Bill on 2/26/13Bill would recommend this product to a friendStart out with the Koralia EVOs and had them running in wavemaker mode off my RKL. After only 2-3 months they were starting in reverse or not at all. I was considering running them constant again and adding a Tunze wavebox, but after reading the reviews, I'm so glad I got these. There is so much more flexibility with how much flow and various flow patterns. I'd defiantly recommend buying these off the start, don't cheap out!
Ask a Question About 'VorTech MP10w ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine'
Previously Asked Questions
No questions have been asked yet.
- Wet Side Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter x 1.5" Long
- Dry Side Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter x 2" Long
- Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 2.25"
- The VorTech MP10W ES uses award-winning technology to let you take full control of the flow. Wireless capability allows for advanced modes and features in which synchronized flow or coordinated flow.
- With all the electrical components outside the aquarium and a variety of easy-to-program modes on the EcoSmart Driver, the VorTech is the safest, most versatile pump on the market.
- Brushless motor design reduces electricity consumption.
- External motor mounting results in less heat transfer to your tank.
- Adjustable flow rates to best meet the needs of your tank.
- 72 hour battery backup ensures the health of your fish and corals by continuous flow even with a power outage.
- Constant Speed Mode – Set your pump to run continuously at a constant speed.
- EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) - A two phase program to promote maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for corals. Alternates between a resonant standing wave and a surge effect to stir up and export nutrients. EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode (TSM) - Creates a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. Flow varies from left to right, right to left, calm, and ends with a great surge.
- Reef Crest Random Mode - Reef Crest Random Mode simulates the high-energy conditions of a natural reef crest environment. Lagoonal Random Mode - Simulates the gentler reef zone found in a natural lagoon.
- Short Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings between 0.3 and two seconds, enabling the creation of FAST alternating flow throughout the tank. Use this mode to create a resonant standing wave.
- Long Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 seconds and 60 seconds, enabling the creation of slow alternating flow throughout the tank.
- Feed Mode - Slows down pump to allow user to feed aquarium. User can select the duration and speed for Feed Mode.
- Night Mode - Automatically reduce speed and operates continuously at that speed for a period of time during the night. User can select the duration and speed for Night Mode.
- Battery Backup Mode - When used with our battery backup accessory, the VorTech pump will switch to Battery Backup Mode in the event of a power outage and will operate at a user set speed. The LED’s on your EcoSmart driver will count down to indicate how much power is available within the battery.
- Auto-Dim - LED’s are turned off and display knob dimmed significantly, but pump functions in its current mode. User can program how long after use before the driver enters Auto-Dim.
- On/Off Switch - Tap the on/off switch to turn off and turn on a pump. Hold this button to turn off all pumps in a master/slave group. Tap any pump in the groups’ on/off switch and that pump will turn back on.
Quick Compare - VorTech Propeller Pumps
|Flow Rate||Power Consumption||Maximum Tank Thickness||Appropriate Tank Size Range||Clearance Needed Behind Tank|
|MP10 ES||200-1500 GPH||8-18 Watts||0.375"||2.5-50 Gallons||2.25"|
|.375" -1"||120-1000+ Gallons||
Deal of the Day!
BRS GFO & Carbon Reactor - SingleEnds in00:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Hours: 9am - 5pm CST M – F
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427