- Home /
- VorTech MP10w ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine
Great Pumps Amazingly Powerful By Jetpilotice on 4/13/14Jetpilotice would recommend this product to a friendThese are great pumps i replaced 2 Korlia's I figured out very quickly how weak they were compared to the output of what even one of the vortech's can produce. I would have gave them 5 stars but I don't like it that I can hear the pumps and I think the price is high. They have been on the tank for a week now and have quieted down compared to the first day I was very disappointed in the noise. I have to give that to the Korila's they were dead silent.
Next purchase will be the WXM Module to add to the Apex.
Powerfull and controlable pumps best yet By KEITH on 4/9/14KEITH would recommend this product to a friendThese power heads do a great job love the control you have. I am sure it will only get better as I learn more about the options.As always great advise and service from BRS.
Amazing pump By Rick on 4/8/14Rick would recommend this product to a friendI have two of the MP10w ES in a 30 gallon tank. Both are sync'd thru my Apex controller to run different flow patterns throughout the day. There are no dead flow spots in the tank. These pumps are amazing and can produce anything from a gentle flow to a storm surge. One of these pumps is more than enough for this size tank and I will be taking one out of this tank and putting it my second tank when the build and set up is complete.
The user interface on these is acceptable but they really shine when paired with the Apex. The big plus to these pumps is there is no electric wiring running into the tank and the heat from the motor stays outside the tank. That's a big help with heat management if you aren't running a chiller. These also take up much less room inside the tank.
These cost more than other pumps out there but in my opinion they are worth it.
Great power head By KDL on 4/1/14KDL would recommend this product to a friendThis power head gives you great control and versatility, highly recomend this product.
Probably one of the best, most fully featured wavemakers on the market. By Kyle on 3/20/14Kyle would recommend this product to a friendNo conversation about wavemakers would be complete without mentioning vortech and for good reason. In their price range, I dont think there are any pumps that have the features and power that these offer. Plus you don't have to see any wires running in to your tank! I was always on the edge about purchasing them but in the end, they were worth every penny. Excellent undertow, great non linear flow and all the different modes make this pump well worth it. If you have it maxed out, it can be a little loud though, so I would recommend either oversizing it to your tank, or running multiple pumps. Beauty of it is if you do run multiple vortechs, they can wirelessly synch to each other to increase efficiency and power. Highly recommend!
The Best By Jabaar on 3/19/14Jabaar would recommend this product to a friendAs you've read, I'm sure, these pumps are amazing. I have 2 in my 65 gal. From the moment you put these pumps in your tank, you and your corals realize what you have been missing. consistant movement all over your tank to nutrient export to laggon, its all good!!! My only neg- I wish I could afford more
MP10w ES 55 gal mixed reef By Nate on 3/5/14Nate would recommend this product to a friendI want to say these are awesome pumps. I had 2 1050 hydor pumps 2 750 hydor pumps and one tunze pump in my 55 gal to get the right flow for my mixed reef. I looked everywhere to see if 2 MP10s would be enough or to go with the MP40's. I took a gamble on the MP10s and I was shocked how much they do. They give out better flow patterns then the other pumps I had. So if someone is on the fence 2 MP10s are enough flow for a mostly sps dominated tank. I have this paired up to my Apax and love them. I will say that you will have to adjust the wet side if you hear a vibrating noise. I called EcoTech they had me take the wet side apart and put it back together and they are silent. I love them! thanks EcoTech!!
Worth It By Jesse on 2/28/14Jesse would recommend this product to a friendThese pumps are great. Easy set up, Awsome flow, and tons of options. Worth the price
Amazing pump! By Steven on 2/25/14Steven would recommend this product to a friendBefore purchasing this pump I had 2 Koralia 600's in my 40 gallon tank. I could not seem to get good flow other than where the pumps were pointing at. This pump has changed everything for me. I purchased only one of these and everything has changed in my tank. My corals are looking better and seem to be more full. I love the short pulse mode to make a beautiful wave in my tank. Also the nutrient export mode does a nice job of cleaning your tank of detritus. Very easy setup, and simple instructions to get the mode that is right for you. Only thing I would say negative about this is the price. Although, the price is high it is worth it.
Great Pumps By Mark on 2/16/14Mark would recommend this product to a friendI got 2 pumps for my 60 gal reef tank. They were easy to set up and program. They are awesome!!!! The fish and corals seem to really enjoy the water movement. With so many features, great water flow , they are well worth the money.
Amazing Powerhead! By Danny on 2/14/14Danny would recommend this product to a friendPurchased one MP10w ES to replace 2 Koralia's for my 33gallon mixed reef. The settings and features of this pump is just insane! Not only do I see a difference, but my fish and corals also feel the difference! Reefcrest mode is probably my favorite, and it's endless custom options will suit ANY tank!!! Highly recommended!
Great Product By Kyle on 2/10/14Kyle would recommend this product to a friendIf your on the ball about this wavemaker because of price, just get it. Youll spend more money in the long run trying different setups of pumps and controllers. I always was put off by Ecotechs high price tag but after trying it out, it was worth every penny. Huge current and undertow, low intank profile and a wavemaker controller second to none. All in all, money well spent.
Ask a Question About 'VorTech MP10w ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine'
Previously Asked Questions
No questions have been asked yet.
- Wet Side Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter x 1.5" Long
- Dry Side Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter x 2" Long
- Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 2.25"
- The VorTech MP10W ES uses award-winning technology to let you take full control of the flow. Wireless capability allows for advanced modes and features in which synchronized flow or coordinated flow.
- With all the electrical components outside the aquarium and a variety of easy-to-program modes on the EcoSmart Driver, the VorTech is the safest, most versatile pump on the market.
- Brushless motor design reduces electricity consumption.
- External motor mounting results in less heat transfer to your tank.
- Adjustable flow rates to best meet the needs of your tank.
- 72 hour battery backup ensures the health of your fish and corals by continuous flow even with a power outage.
- Constant Speed Mode – Set your pump to run continuously at a constant speed.
- EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) - A two phase program to promote maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for corals. Alternates between a resonant standing wave and a surge effect to stir up and export nutrients. EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode (TSM) - Creates a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. Flow varies from left to right, right to left, calm, and ends with a great surge.
- Reef Crest Random Mode - Reef Crest Random Mode simulates the high-energy conditions of a natural reef crest environment. Lagoonal Random Mode - Simulates the gentler reef zone found in a natural lagoon.
- Short Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings between 0.3 and two seconds, enabling the creation of FAST alternating flow throughout the tank. Use this mode to create a resonant standing wave.
- Long Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 seconds and 60 seconds, enabling the creation of slow alternating flow throughout the tank.
- Feed Mode - Slows down pump to allow user to feed aquarium. User can select the duration and speed for Feed Mode.
- Night Mode - Automatically reduce speed and operates continuously at that speed for a period of time during the night. User can select the duration and speed for Night Mode.
- Battery Backup Mode - When used with our battery backup accessory, the VorTech pump will switch to Battery Backup Mode in the event of a power outage and will operate at a user set speed. The LED’s on your EcoSmart driver will count down to indicate how much power is available within the battery.
- Auto-Dim - LED’s are turned off and display knob dimmed significantly, but pump functions in its current mode. User can program how long after use before the driver enters Auto-Dim.
- On/Off Switch - Tap the on/off switch to turn off and turn on a pump. Hold this button to turn off all pumps in a master/slave group. Tap any pump in the groups’ on/off switch and that pump will turn back on.
Quick Compare - VorTech Propeller Pumps
|Flow Rate||Power Consumption||Maximum Tank Thickness||Appropriate Tank Size Range||Clearance Needed Behind Tank|
|MP10 ES||200-1500 GPH||8-18 Watts||0.375"||2.5-50 Gallons||2.25"|
|.375" -1"||120-1000+ Gallons||
Deal of the Day!
Milwaukee SMS125 pH/ORP Controller ComboEnds in
Regular Price: $214.99
Special Price: $193.4900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Aquarium Lighting
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427