- Home /
- VorTech MP10w ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine
No related items recommended for this product.
Great way to randomize flow By Joshua on 9/18/2014Joshua would recommend this product to a friendHave this MP10 on my 90 gallon tank and i absolutely love it, it makes the tank flow very nicely while giving a quick and easy way to reduce flow for feeding. Only reason i'm taking a star away is due to the reef link compatibility (i'm an android user) and if you get the vortechs to the ecosmart live you may not be able to use the control panel, everything has to be done through the app. Which can be troublesome if you dont always have your phone near your tank
LOVE By JOE on 9/14/2014JOE would recommend this product to a friendLove this smaller brother of the mp40w i bought, have it on my 90 running synch to my mp40 works great!!!
great pump By matthew on 8/23/2014matthew would recommend this product to a friendI have had this pump for over a year now, this pump runs like a champ. I will be buying another one in a few days. Can't be happier!
It is the ONE! By Laz on 8/20/2014Laz would recommend this product to a friendThis pump is the one to get. Very impressed with it's flow and all the controls built into the pump. Love the low profile in the tank! Now onto saving the change to purchase another Vortech! Highly, highly recommended!
Love these for what they do, but... By Brent on 8/16/2014Brent would recommend this product to a friendAfter learning about the importance of alignment, I managed to get one of two pumps running silently. Unfortunately, it seems no matter what I do the second pump vibrates, and somewhat loudly, too, when the running at about 40 percent. I have tried rotating the pump, the motor, moving the pump/motor to different locations, but to no avail. For now, the it's bearable, and as I said, I love these pumps, working to gather, doing what they do well.
Very controllable but a little loud By tarheel on 8/8/2014tarheel would recommend this product to a friendThis pump has great options/features but it is much louder than I was expecting.
Lots of Options By Felix on 8/1/2014Felix would recommend this product to a friendIve been Used to using Hydor in the past. Nothing wrong with them. But after seeing these at a friends and what you can do with them and how much water it moves . I just ordered mine for a small 30g.i have since they take up less space the motor being on the outside.
Pricey but worth it By Charles on 6/23/2014Charles would recommend this product to a friendI wasn't sure if I was ready to spend the money for the upgrade to Eco Tech Vortech from my Hydor Evolution power heads. Well it's been 2 month now and I am glad I did. The corals growing at much faster rate than before.
The Best By MechEngineer on 5/22/2014MechEngineer would recommend this product to a friendIf you have the money, this is the best pump on the market. No wires in the display tank and eliminates heat transfer from the pump motor being outside of the tank. 4 out of 5 stars because as others reviews have noted there is a slight noise when you go above ~50% power. I run two on my 90 gal seahorse tank on the first or second settings so this doesn't bother me.
Pretty good pump By Chris on 5/6/2014Chris would recommend this product to a friendI was pretty skeptic to buy this pump at first because of the price, but if you have the budget to buy this then I think it's worth it. The customization on this pump is insane with the various settings to use on it. It does make a little bit of noise when ramping up to higher percentages but it's nothing that really bothers me personally when sitting 4 feet away while watching TV. I only run mine at 40% on a 29g tank so I imagine if it is being run at 100% it might make a bit more noise. If you have the money in your budget and want a pump that you can really customize to your liking, this is the pump for you.
There is a reason why its #1 By Daniel on 5/4/2014Daniel would recommend this product to a friendI switched to the MP10Wes after using marineland 800's. Number one reason I like it is my fish love it, and my LTA came out of its crevice and now peacocks around my tank. It mentions the feed mode which is great, but the sleep mode, which isn't mentioned, makes my system just a little bit easier by automatically remembering the time I put it on...by itself. I ordered an Apex but I won't be in a rush to get the WXM module because I don't see a need for it right away until I get multiple MP10's.
Great wavemaker! By Wayne on 4/30/2014Wayne would recommend this product to a friendI have a 30 gal system, and the mp10W is the perfect size for it. It makes a great wave, moves water like a champ! It comes with a little sponge sleeve to protect fish from getting chopped up if they're curious. I have a lawnmower blenny that never has had any trouble with it, even though I've seen the blenny INSIDE the head when I had it turned off. It's nice having the small one with the Wireless option, because if I want to upgrade in the future, I can simply buy another one, and mount it to the other side of the tank.
If you're looking for an aquarium pump that isn't ...
Previously Asked Questions
by mark on May 3, 2014, @6:38 PM
Hello there, how many MP10w would be sufficient for a36" 58 gallon tank? thank you
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Mark,
For a tank that size two MP10's would be plenty of flow. Just double check the glass thickness to make sure your not over the max 3/8" thick glass limit of the MP10.
by Paul on August 3, 2014, @4:55 AM
I'm in the process of buying a 110 gallon tank (60x18x23). I'm looking at these pumps, and wonder whether I would be better off buying 2 MP10's, or 1 MP40? Or would I need a 2nd MP40?
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Paul,
At least 1 pump on each side of the tank would be ideal. I usually suggest an mp40 to cover about a 2ft area, but with the 5ft tank a pair of MP40's should still be good. MP10's likely wouldn't have enough flow and usually the glass on a 110g tank will be thicker than the mp10 can operate with.
- Wet Side Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter x 1.5" Long
- Dry Side Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter x 2" Long
- Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 2.25"
- The VorTech MP10W ES uses award-winning technology to let you take full control of the flow. Wireless capability allows for advanced modes and features in which synchronized flow or coordinated flow.
- With all the electrical components outside the aquarium and a variety of easy-to-program modes on the EcoSmart Driver, the VorTech is the safest, most versatile pump on the market.
- Brushless motor design reduces electricity consumption.
- External motor mounting results in less heat transfer to your tank.
- Adjustable flow rates to best meet the needs of your tank.
- 72 hour battery backup (sold separately) ensures the health of your fish and corals by continuous flow even with a power outage.
- Constant Speed Mode – Set your pump to run continuously at a constant speed.
- EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) - A two phase program to promote maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for corals. Alternates between a resonant standing wave and a surge effect to stir up and export nutrients. EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode (TSM) - Creates a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. Flow varies from left to right, right to left, calm, and ends with a great surge.
- Reef Crest Random Mode - Reef Crest Random Mode simulates the high-energy conditions of a natural reef crest environment. Lagoonal Random Mode - Simulates the gentler reef zone found in a natural lagoon.
- Short Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings between 0.3 and two seconds, enabling the creation of FAST alternating flow throughout the tank. Use this mode to create a resonant standing wave.
- Long Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 seconds and 60 seconds, enabling the creation of slow alternating flow throughout the tank.
- Feed Mode - Slows down pump to allow user to feed aquarium. User can select the duration and speed for Feed Mode.
- Night Mode - Automatically reduce speed and operates continuously at that speed for a period of time during the night. User can select the duration and speed for Night Mode.
- Battery Backup Mode - When used with our battery backup accessory, the VorTech pump will switch to Battery Backup Mode in the event of a power outage and will operate at a user set speed. The LED’s on your EcoSmart driver will count down to indicate how much power is available within the battery.
- Auto-Dim - LED’s are turned off and display knob dimmed significantly, but pump functions in its current mode. User can program how long after use before the driver enters Auto-Dim.
- On/Off Switch - Tap the on/off switch to turn off and turn on a pump. Hold this button to turn off all pumps in a master/slave group. Tap any pump in the groups’ on/off switch and that pump will turn back on.
Quick Compare - VorTech Propeller Pumps
|Flow Rate||Power Consumption||Maximum Tank Thickness||Appropriate Tank Size Range||Clearance Needed Behind Tank|
|MP10 ES||200-1500 GPH||8-18 Watts||0.375"||2.5-50 Gallons||2.25"|
|.375" -1"||120-1000+ Gallons||
Deal of the Day!
BRS 6 Stage Drinking & Reef RO/DI System - 75GPDEnds in
Regular Price: $269.99
Special Price: $242.1500:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427