- Home /
- VorTech MP10w ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine
nice flow By justyn on 12/4/2014justyn would recommend this product to a friendI run two mp10w on my 55 DT and my corals love them. Very easy to use and the ease of being able to change to different flow patterns really gives my tank a life like effect.
Love this power head By Cole on 11/30/2014Cole would recommend this product to a friendI have this power head on my smaller DT. It's on a Innovative marine Nuvo 24. I've made many changes to this tank so far, the biggest one was using filter socks. Adding the MP 10w to made the biggest change over every thing else that i had already done. It picked up so much small particles and kept them suspended, until my filter could grab it. Now the water quality is even better. The instructions could have been a bit more detailed, howeve it's not difficult to figure out. I'm go to get a second one so I can run a master slave set up.
Previously Asked Questions
by Roberta on April 21, 2014, @11:14 AM
Is the battery back up included with the pump? I see that you sell it separately, but it is listed in the features section under full details. -•72 hour battery backup ensures the health of your fish and corals by continuous flow even with a power outage.
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Roberta,
The pump is comptabile with the ecotech battery backup system but the battery backup system is not included with the pump itself.
- Wet Side Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter x 1.5" Long
- Dry Side Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter x 2" Long
- Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 2.25"
- The VorTech MP10W ES uses award-winning technology to let you take full control of the flow. Wireless capability allows for advanced modes and features in which synchronized flow or coordinated flow.
- With all the electrical components outside the aquarium and a variety of easy-to-program modes on the EcoSmart Driver, the VorTech is the safest, most versatile pump on the market.
- Brushless motor design reduces electricity consumption.
- External motor mounting results in less heat transfer to your tank.
- Adjustable flow rates to best meet the needs of your tank.
- 72 hour battery backup (sold separately) ensures the health of your fish and corals by continuous flow even with a power outage.
- Constant Speed Mode – Set your pump to run continuously at a constant speed.
- EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) - A two phase program to promote maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for corals. Alternates between a resonant standing wave and a surge effect to stir up and export nutrients. EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode (TSM) - Creates a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. Flow varies from left to right, right to left, calm, and ends with a great surge.
- Reef Crest Random Mode - Reef Crest Random Mode simulates the high-energy conditions of a natural reef crest environment. Lagoonal Random Mode - Simulates the gentler reef zone found in a natural lagoon.
- Short Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings between 0.3 and two seconds, enabling the creation of FAST alternating flow throughout the tank. Use this mode to create a resonant standing wave.
- Long Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 seconds and 60 seconds, enabling the creation of slow alternating flow throughout the tank.
- Feed Mode - Slows down pump to allow user to feed aquarium. User can select the duration and speed for Feed Mode.
- Night Mode - Automatically reduce speed and operates continuously at that speed for a period of time during the night. User can select the duration and speed for Night Mode.
- Battery Backup Mode - When used with our battery backup accessory, the VorTech pump will switch to Battery Backup Mode in the event of a power outage and will operate at a user set speed. The LED’s on your EcoSmart driver will count down to indicate how much power is available within the battery.
- Auto-Dim - LED’s are turned off and display knob dimmed significantly, but pump functions in its current mode. User can program how long after use before the driver enters Auto-Dim.
- On/Off Switch - Tap the on/off switch to turn off and turn on a pump. Hold this button to turn off all pumps in a master/slave group. Tap any pump in the groups’ on/off switch and that pump will turn back on.
Quick Compare - VorTech Propeller Pumps
|Flow Rate||Power Consumption||Maximum Tank Thickness||Appropriate Tank Size Range||Clearance Needed Behind Tank|
|MP10 ES||200-1500 GPH||8-18 Watts||0.375"||2.5-50 Gallons||2.25"|
|.375" -1"||120-1000+ Gallons||
Deal of the Day!
Skimz Monzter SM203 DC Internal Protein SkimmerEnds in
Regular Price: $499.99
Special Price: $349.9900:00:00:00
Deal of the Day!
Skimz Monzter SH1 Hang On Internal SkimmerEnds in
Regular Price: $121.99
Special Price: $85.3900:00:00:00
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
- Rock & Sand
- Auto Top Off
- Cal, Alk & Trace
- Controllers & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
Pumps & Plumbing
- Submersible Pumps
- External Pumps
- Dosing Pumps
- Air Pumps & Accessories
- Salt & Maintenance
- Skimmers, Reactors & Filtration
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427