- Home /
- VorTech MP10 ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine
Great quality and great wave maker! By Ronstopbl on 3/4/14Ronstopbl would recommend this product to a friendAdded this to my 50 gallon cube reef tank and it has made an incredible difference. Corals love it! Anemones love it! Fish love it! Makes water movement so natural looking that its hard to believe its a closed system. Takes some work to set up programming but that may be due to user error-hehehe! Another great product worth the money in my opinion. Keep up the great work Vortech!
Waves By Al on 2/20/14Al would recommend this product to a friendThe biggest thing for me is i have been trying to find a "wavemaker" for a decent price. Not to knock any other wave makers i have the smart wave with two pumps. Works great but if u add the prices up for the two pumps and the wave maker. You have over halfway paid for the mp10 plus the replacement pumps. This product to me sells its self. Hope this review helps somebody. You Tube the waves see for yourself.
Best equipment on my tank By Matt on 1/15/14Matt would recommend this product to a friendSince adding an MP10 to my 29 gallon tank my corals and fish have been amazingly healthy. This is the best piece of equipment I have purchased so far. I replaced 2 small powerheads with this and there is no comparison, the MP10 blows them away easily. The choices of modes let you dial in just what you need for your tank and the size is perfect. I will buy these for any new tank I run in the future.
Awesome product By Andrew on 1/7/14Andrew would recommend this product to a friendThis is by far one of the best purchases I have made for my tank. The different modes that you can place it in gives you the best way to make your tank happiest, however your tank is set up.
love it By little reef mike on 1/1/14little reef mike would recommend this product to a friendi love the mp10 its small inside the tank and that was a big selling point for me. it is easy to install and works amazing so far so good.
Really is worth the cost! By David on 10/9/13David would recommend this product to a friendThis purchase was not easy to make but once I went for it I can agree with many others the price really is worth it. This thing is amazing. I wish I was rich because I'd buy lots of Ecotech products. (I may just save up and do so anyway....)
I'm using it on a JBJ 28g Nano Cube LED - Intermediate. Plenty of flow for the whole tank!
Great wave maker for my RSM130 By Jim on 9/15/13Jim would recommend this product to a friendThis is a great wave maker for my RSM130. It keeps the flow moving nicely and and I am only running it at 50%. If I turn it up higher it the sand blows around. If I was to do it over again I would not go with as fine of a sand bed.
Don t be cheap!!! By Tom on 9/5/13Tom would recommend this product to a friendMy 36 gallon tank couldnt be happier, I had a wave maker and 2 hydor pumps but I could always hear a clicking sound when one would turn on , I traded them in for one mp10 and about 80 dollars more and couldnt be more satisfied!!!
Good product By Bluegrass110 on 7/27/13Bluegrass110 would recommend this product to a friendThis is my second MP10 purchase, the first is just now 1 year old. These are very nice pumps and have great random flow. My first MP10 started out silent but has recently begun to whine at higher speeds, still works great though. These pumps are expensive but they have the smallest in-tank foot print of anything I have found.
Powerful Little Pump By Mathew on 6/24/13Mathew would recommend this product to a friendMy MP10 arrived today and only took a few minutes to set up. The power from such a small pump is really impressive. It makes my Hydor Koralia 425's seem like they're barely on! Within about 20-25 minutes of opening the box I had it set up in my tank with a wave dialed in. YouTube videos of others setting it up made it really simple to figure out. Initial impression is extremely positive.
4/5 By jd on 4/18/13jd would recommend this product to a friendThis is basically an over engineered pump. But, it has so many settings that sound practical. Hopefully all the settings that the pump is capable of truely produce the desired effect they say they will. I usually run reef crest or lagoon mode. Have used these on 20 gallon long for some nice wave action and detritus movement. Now I use on a small nano 8 gallon and it completes a "minimalist" look for the tank.
Occassionally reviews say these pumps are loud. My has a slight hum and occassionally picks up a piece of macro algae and stops but that is rare. Overall a good pump is you have the cash.
Awesome mp10 By milton on 4/6/13milton would recommend this product to a friendGood item def. Worth the money took no old two power heads out and put one mp10 and was good to good. Going to get another one. Whis Ihad got the wwireless one first now I have to up grade.WELL WORTH THE MONEY UF YOU HAVR IT TO SPEND:)
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a Question About 'VorTech MP10 ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine'
Previously Asked Questions
- Wet Side Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter x 1.5" Long
- Dry Side Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter x 2" Long
- Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 2.25"
- The VorTech MP10 ES uses award-winning technology to let you take full control of the flow. Purchase separately the VorTech MP10 ES to MP10W ES for wireless capabilities.
- With all the electrical components outside the aquarium and a variety of easy-to-program modes on the EcoSmart Driver, the VorTech is the safest, most versatile pump on the market.
- Brushless motor design reduces electricity consumption.
- External motor mounting results in less heat transfer to your tank.
- Adjustable flow rates to best meet the needs of your tank.
- 72 hour battery backup ensures the health of your fish and corals by continuous flow even with a power outage.
- Constant Speed Mode – Set your pump to run continuously at a constant speed.
- EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) - A two phase program to promote maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for corals. Alternates between a resonant standing wave and a surge effect to stir up and export nutrients. EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode (TSM) - Creates a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. Flow varies from left to right, right to left, calm, and ends with a great surge.
- Reef Crest Random Mode - Reef Crest Random Mode simulates the high-energy conditions of a natural reef crest environment. Lagoonal Random Mode - Simulates the gentler reef zone found in a natural lagoon.
- Short Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings between 0.3 and two seconds, enabling the creation of FAST alternating flow throughout the tank. Use this mode to create a resonant standing wave.
- Long Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 seconds and 60 seconds, enabling the creation of slow alternating flow throughout the tank.
- Feed Mode - Slows down pump to allow user to feed aquarium. User can select the duration and speed for Feed Mode.
- Night Mode - Automatically reduce speed and operates continuously at that speed for a period of time during the night. User can select the duration and speed for Night Mode.
- Battery Backup Mode - When used with our battery backup accessory, the VorTech pump will switch to Battery Backup Mode in the event of a power outage and will operate at a user set speed. The LED’s on your EcoSmart driver will count down to indicate how much power is available within the battery.
- Auto-Dim - LED’s are turned off and display knob dimmed significantly, but pump functions in its current mode. User can program how long after use before the driver enters Auto-Dim.
- On/Off Switch - Tap the on/off switch to turn off and turn on a pump. Hold this button to turn off all pumps in a master/slave group. Tap any pump in the groups’ on/off switch and that pump will turn back on.
Quick Compare - VorTech Propeller Pumps
|Flow Rate||Power Consumption||Maximum Tank Thickness||Appropriate Tank Size Range||Clearance Needed Behind Tank|
|MP10 ES||200-1500 GPH||8-18 Watts||0.375"||2.5-50 Gallons||2.25"|
|.375" -1"||120-1000+ Gallons||
Deal of the Day!
Milwaukee pH600 pH Meter PenEnds in
Regular Price: $24.99
Special Price: $21.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Aquarium Lighting
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427