- Home /
- VorTech MP10 ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine
Great Pump By Richard on 12/13/2014Richard would recommend this product to a friendI have been using the MP40 with my 120 reef tank and decided to try the smaller MP10 for my 29 Nano. Well, I couldn't be happier with the performance. I was previously using 3 small pumps that were less than effective and very prone to clogs and poor performance. With the new MP10, my tank temperature has dropped w/o the extra heat being generated by the little pumps and algae buildup on the glass has virtually been stopped. Very happy, only wish I had opted for the MP10 when I originally setup up the nano.
Awesome By Jason on 11/30/2014Jason would recommend this product to a friendI have two of these on my 60gal cube reef tank and I love them. They move a lot of water in a wide spread and are very quiet. They have a lot of different flow patterns that suits the needs of your corals. I also find them to be the most attractive looking of all power heads since they have a low visual impact inside the tank.
What can I say, it's a great pump By Cliff on 11/25/2014Cliff would recommend this product to a friendI've been running this in a 75 gallon reef along with an Mp40 in async mode. The ES is the non wireless model, but you can purchase the wireless module to upgrade if desired. I have both of these units being controlled by an Neptune Apex controller. The MP10 is a solid pump and well made. Also, Ecotech support has been excellent as well, very helpful.
First Impression.... By Adam on 11/25/2014Adam would recommend this product to a friendJust received my MP10 last night and had the opportunity to play around with it for a few hours. Oh, before you freak out about the power cord missing, check under the plastic mold, its tucked away under it. Right out of the box you can tell it has great build quality and just a solid unit. Set up was pretty straight forward and fairly easy to accomplish as well.
Controller/Driver - Most of the modes were pretty easy to figure out, just the "long pulse" mode took some time to fully understand the set up. Key is to be patient and slow when exploring the different modes. I know we dont like instructions but a good read of the quick start guide is helpful. It will probably take some time playing around to get it dialed in perfect for your liking.
What I really like about this MP10 is the power you get from its small footprint. I dont have a lot of room in my Nuvo 16 so the MP10 was the only logical way to go. So its small, powerful, and highly adjustable settings....all great things to have.
What I dont like about this is the price, pretty expensive. Another issue I have is that it is a bit noisy, even after i adjusted the wet side to the dry side as instructed by the quick start guide. I have heard that in time the noise goes away....so time will tell.
All in all, I think its a great product and in time we will see if it is worth the money spent. I do think it will be.
Great powerhead By Albert on 6/29/2014Albert would recommend this product to a friendThis is a great powerhead for nanos. The large number of options you have with the programming is amazing compared to your standard powerhead. At first it may seem noisy, but it quiets down significantly over time. Although this version doesn't have the wireless chip, it can be purchased separately and easily installed into the driver from ecotech's website. This is a great option for nano reefers who want a great powerhead but also have limited budget and don't need the wireless capability right away. I would definitely recommend everyone try out this wonderful pump!
If you're looking for an aquarium pump that isn't ...
Previously Asked Questions
by Tyler on February 10, 2014, @3:32 PM
Can this pump be used with an apex controller or do I need the wireless version?
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Tyler,
You would need the wireless version of the pump as well as the WXM module from Neptune.
by Charles on April 21, 2014, @5:23 PM
I have a 54 gallon bow front corner tank. Would 2 of the MP10 be better then one MP40? The tank is a mix of fish and SPS coral. FYI the tank is 24"deep.
Bulk Reef Supply Hey Charles,
On a tank this size I would preffer the 2 mp10's but you do want to double check the thickness of the glass quick. If the glass is more then 3/8" you would need to use the mp40.
- Wet Side Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter x 1.5" Long
- Dry Side Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter x 2" Long
- Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 2.25"
- The VorTech MP10 ES uses award-winning technology to let you take full control of the flow. Purchase separately the VorTech MP10 ES to MP10W ES for wireless capabilities.
- With all the electrical components outside the aquarium and a variety of easy-to-program modes on the EcoSmart Driver, the VorTech is the safest, most versatile pump on the market.
- Brushless motor design reduces electricity consumption.
- External motor mounting results in less heat transfer to your tank.
- Adjustable flow rates to best meet the needs of your tank.
- 72 hour battery backup ensures the health of your fish and corals by continuous flow even with a power outage.
- Constant Speed Mode – Set your pump to run continuously at a constant speed.
- EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) - A two phase program to promote maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for corals. Alternates between a resonant standing wave and a surge effect to stir up and export nutrients. EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode (TSM) - Creates a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. Flow varies from left to right, right to left, calm, and ends with a great surge.
- Reef Crest Random Mode - Reef Crest Random Mode simulates the high-energy conditions of a natural reef crest environment. Lagoonal Random Mode - Simulates the gentler reef zone found in a natural lagoon.
- Short Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings between 0.3 and two seconds, enabling the creation of FAST alternating flow throughout the tank. Use this mode to create a resonant standing wave.
- Long Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 seconds and 60 seconds, enabling the creation of slow alternating flow throughout the tank.
- Feed Mode - Slows down pump to allow user to feed aquarium. User can select the duration and speed for Feed Mode.
- Night Mode - Automatically reduce speed and operates continuously at that speed for a period of time during the night. User can select the duration and speed for Night Mode.
- Battery Backup Mode - When used with our battery backup accessory, the VorTech pump will switch to Battery Backup Mode in the event of a power outage and will operate at a user set speed. The LED’s on your EcoSmart driver will count down to indicate how much power is available within the battery.
- Auto-Dim - LED’s are turned off and display knob dimmed significantly, but pump functions in its current mode. User can program how long after use before the driver enters Auto-Dim.
- On/Off Switch - Tap the on/off switch to turn off and turn on a pump. Hold this button to turn off all pumps in a master/slave group. Tap any pump in the groups’ on/off switch and that pump will turn back on.
Quick Compare - VorTech Propeller Pumps
|Flow Rate||Power Consumption||Maximum Tank Thickness||Appropriate Tank Size Range||Clearance Needed Behind Tank|
|MP10 ES||200-1500 GPH||8-18 Watts||0.375"||2.5-50 Gallons||2.25"|
|.375" -1"||120-1000+ Gallons||
Deal of the Day!
BRS Biopellet Reactor Combo KitEnds in$74.9900:00:00:00
- Rock & Sand
- Auto Top Off
- Cal, Alk & Trace
- Controllers & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
Pumps & Plumbing
- Submersible Pumps
- External Pumps
- Dosing Pumps
- Air Pumps & Accessories
- Salt & Maintenance
- Skimmers, Reactors & Filtration
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427