- Home /
- VorTech MP10 ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine
Great powerhead By Albert on 6/29/2014Albert would recommend this product to a friendThis is a great powerhead for nanos. The large number of options you have with the programming is amazing compared to your standard powerhead. At first it may seem noisy, but it quiets down significantly over time. Although this version doesn't have the wireless chip, it can be purchased separately and easily installed into the driver from ecotech's website. This is a great option for nano reefers who want a great powerhead but also have limited budget and don't need the wireless capability right away. I would definitely recommend everyone try out this wonderful pump!
There are no videos related to this product.
Previously Asked Questions
by Charles on April 21, 2014, @5:23 PM
I have a 54 gallon bow front corner tank. Would 2 of the MP10 be better then one MP40? The tank is a mix of fish and SPS coral. FYI the tank is 24"deep.
Bulk Reef Supply Hey Charles,
On a tank this size I would preffer the 2 mp10's but you do want to double check the thickness of the glass quick. If the glass is more then 3/8" you would need to use the mp40.
by Tyler on February 10, 2014, @3:32 PM
Can this pump be used with an apex controller or do I need the wireless version?
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Tyler,
You would need the wireless version of the pump as well as the WXM module from Neptune.
- Wet Side Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter x 1.5" Long
- Dry Side Dimensions: 2.5" Diameter x 2" Long
- Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 2.25"
- The VorTech MP10 ES uses award-winning technology to let you take full control of the flow. Purchase separately the VorTech MP10 ES to MP10W ES for wireless capabilities.
- With all the electrical components outside the aquarium and a variety of easy-to-program modes on the EcoSmart Driver, the VorTech is the safest, most versatile pump on the market.
- Brushless motor design reduces electricity consumption.
- External motor mounting results in less heat transfer to your tank.
- Adjustable flow rates to best meet the needs of your tank.
- 72 hour battery backup ensures the health of your fish and corals by continuous flow even with a power outage.
- Constant Speed Mode – Set your pump to run continuously at a constant speed.
- EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) - A two phase program to promote maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for corals. Alternates between a resonant standing wave and a surge effect to stir up and export nutrients. EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode (TSM) - Creates a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. Flow varies from left to right, right to left, calm, and ends with a great surge.
- Reef Crest Random Mode - Reef Crest Random Mode simulates the high-energy conditions of a natural reef crest environment. Lagoonal Random Mode - Simulates the gentler reef zone found in a natural lagoon.
- Short Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings between 0.3 and two seconds, enabling the creation of FAST alternating flow throughout the tank. Use this mode to create a resonant standing wave.
- Long Pulse Mode - Allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 seconds and 60 seconds, enabling the creation of slow alternating flow throughout the tank.
- Feed Mode - Slows down pump to allow user to feed aquarium. User can select the duration and speed for Feed Mode.
- Night Mode - Automatically reduce speed and operates continuously at that speed for a period of time during the night. User can select the duration and speed for Night Mode.
- Battery Backup Mode - When used with our battery backup accessory, the VorTech pump will switch to Battery Backup Mode in the event of a power outage and will operate at a user set speed. The LED’s on your EcoSmart driver will count down to indicate how much power is available within the battery.
- Auto-Dim - LED’s are turned off and display knob dimmed significantly, but pump functions in its current mode. User can program how long after use before the driver enters Auto-Dim.
- On/Off Switch - Tap the on/off switch to turn off and turn on a pump. Hold this button to turn off all pumps in a master/slave group. Tap any pump in the groups’ on/off switch and that pump will turn back on.
Quick Compare - VorTech Propeller Pumps
|Flow Rate||Power Consumption||Maximum Tank Thickness||Appropriate Tank Size Range||Clearance Needed Behind Tank|
|MP10 ES||200-1500 GPH||8-18 Watts||0.375"||2.5-50 Gallons||2.25"|
|.375" -1"||120-1000+ Gallons||
Deal of the Day!
Elos System Mini Aquarium 20 Gallon with Sump100 and PS200 SkimmerEnds in
Regular Price: $1,699.99
Special Price: $1,200.0000:00:00:00
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Aquarium Lighting
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427