- Home /
- Ushio Aqualite 14K Double End Bulb
Different Results with 150w and 250w By amandeep on 3/16/13amandeep wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI purchased two 150w bulbs for one of my tanks.. The color is very yellow and comparable to 10k bulbs I have used. I do NOT recommend this bulb for someone who is looking for the "14k look"
I also purchased one 250w bulb, which for some reason looks very balanced white, more of what i expected from the 14k bulb. I would buy the 250 watt bulb again in the future and would also recommend it.
Questionable lamp color temp By Aaron on 9/7/11Aaron would recommend this product to a friendI have had mixed results with this lamp. It is too white for my taste. Looks closer to 10k than it does 14k. Some of my coral love it. I have a colony of Duncans go from two heads to nine heads in less than three months. However, Zoas seem to shrivel and my LPS and Softies don't extend like they should. Could be my tank, but I have had better all around results with other lamps.
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a Question About 'Ushio Aqualite 14K Double End Bulb'
Previously Asked Questions
No questions have been asked yet.
Ushio Aqualite are German-made and come in both double end or single end. Various color spectrums enable you to find the right light for your tank. Ushio Aqualite lamps reduce the green light spectrum which can encourage the growth of "bad" algae on your corals.
- Ushio Aqualite 10,000 - simulates equatorial daylight at 5 meters of ocean depth.
- Ushio Aqualite 14,000 - higher blue tone - highlight your blue corals while maintaining color rendering for white rock and sand.
- Ushio Aqualite 20,000 - "blue lamp" - bulbs are blue in appearance and will help simulate a deeper ocean environment.
Deal of the Day!
BRS GFO & Carbon Reactor - SingleEnds in00:00:00:00
- FREE PRIZE$
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Hours: 9am -5pm CST M – F
672 Mendelssohn Ave N, MN 55427 Map