T5 True Actinic 03 - ATI

Click on image to zoom
View full size image

More Views

Quick Overview

Why does BRS recommend this?

ATI has been some of the most sought after bulbs in the reef aquarium hobby.  With their bright crisp colors, ATI are our number one choice when it comes to T5 bulbs.  With ATI bulbs you can use a single color on its own or you can mix and match to make the ultimate spectrum. 

100% "actinic blue" bulb which produces a spectrum that peaks at 420nm producing a spectrum that encourages ultimate fluorescence and coral enhancement in capable corals. Recommended Use: as a supplement to metal halides or in combination with other T5 bulbs.

More
  • Quick Overview

Why does BRS recommend this?

ATI has been some of the most sought after bulbs in the reef aquarium hobby.  With their bright crisp colors, ATI are our number one choice when it comes to T5 bulbs.  With ATI bulbs you can use a single color on its own or you can mix and match to make the ultimate spectrum. 

100% "actinic blue" bulb which produces a spectrum that peaks at 420nm producing a spectrum that encourages ultimate fluorescence and coral enhancement in capable corals. Recommended Use: as a supplement to metal halides or in combination with other T5 bulbs.More

T5 True Actinic 03 - ATI

97% Recommend this to a friend (29 of 30)

UPGRADE YOUR FREE SHIPPING

1-3 day service on orders over $249

What's this?

Ships tomorrow

Choose a size

Qty

24W - 24” T5 ATI True Actinic 03
SKU: 204339
$19.99

39W - 36” T5 ATI True Actinic 03
SKU: 204340
$20.99

54W - 48” T5 ATI True Actinic 03
SKU: 204341
$21.99

80W - 60” T5 ATI True Actinic 03
SKU: 204344
$23.99

Availability: In stock

Summary

$0
Please wait...

Ask a question

Product Questions

I have a 12 lamp fixture. I was thinking about using 6 aqua blue and 6 blue plus. Is actinic blue better than blue plus? Should I replace two of the blue plus for coral plus or purple?
Question by: Jon on Jan 28, 2016 1:38:00 PM
Great question!
If you are looking for a slightly deeper blue color having the additional actinic can work out well! For us we typically recommend even between the aquablue special and blue plus with a few supplementary bulbs of your color choice to help spread out the spectrum. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Answer by: Connor (Admin) on Feb 4, 2016 6:01:00 PM
I have a 250 watt metal halide with a 14k phoenix bulb supplemented with 4 24watt t5 over a 60 gallon cube. The T5 bulbs that came with the fixture are not the best, I was looking at maybe 3 true actinic bulbs and 1 purple plus bulb. Would this be a good blend or would the three actinic bulbs simply wash out the purple plus?
Question by: Rober on Mar 21, 2016 10:18:00 AM
Great question!
If you were to run 3 actinic bulbs the color would most likely be washed out. We would recommend the ATI Blue plus as a blue alternative for one of the Actinic bulbs to even out the light. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Answer by: Connor (Admin) on Mar 22, 2016 10:26:00 AM

Full Details

ATI Pro Color T5 HO Fluorescent Bulb 100% "actinic blue" bulb which produces a spectrum that peaks at 420nm producing a spectrum that encourages ultimate fluorescence and coral enhancement in capable corals. Recommended Use: as a supplement to metal halides or in combination with other T5 bulbs

Videos

Reviews

Items 1 to 12 of 30 total

1. 1
  2. /
  3. 2
  4. /
  5. 3
  • A must for any setup. By Justin S on 3/23/2016

These bulbs have seemed to be going by the wayside since the introduction of the blue+ in due to higher PAR. I've reintroduced 2 of these into my hybrid led fixture and the results are impressive and noticeable. The lower spectrum these bulbs hit were missing from my fixture previously and I am now seeing more colors and healthier looking corals as a result. Too soon to tell if growth improves but things do look much better. Current setup is now 2 true actinics, 1 blue+, 1 Aquablue Special and 56 RB LEDs @ 50%, 14 Nuetral Whites @30% over a 90 mixed heavily stocked.
  • ATI bulbs are the best bulbs. By Mathias on 3/4/2016

These bulbs are the best T5s on the market. I buy a new set every year. Thanks bulk reef supply.
  • Do not listen to the guy saying don't buy!! By jay on 2/7/2016

As stated in headline don't listen to the guy saying this bulb has no effect. Of course it didn't have a affect in his tank with 5 blue plus 2 aqua blues and just 1 actinic bulb. Duh 1 won't do anything over all those blue bulbs. Had he added more than 1 then the colors would have exploded. You have to use the bulbs in the right combo. He is right about the bulb not affecting growth and it's not made for that. It's just for night time viewing and making the colors really stand out. Great dusk and dawn bulb if you don't have leds as well.
  • Best T5s ever. By squareface on 12/18/2015

Great color.
  • A must have IMO. By Mitch on 12/16/2015

This bulb makes colors pop some. But most of it's spectra is a wavelength of light we just cannot see. I wouldn't say that my corals colors became brighter under this light. But richer. After a month you will see the difference, if you have not used a bulb of this caliber before.
  • LOVE IT By Russell on 12/13/2015

BRS is the best my Corals love this light and so do i, i use this light to wake up my corals and to put them to sleep they are a great light and works better than most
  • no difference By a grandis on 11/30/2015

Well, I've used this bulb in a 8 bulb Power Module ATI fixture and I couldn't see anything positive from it. I actually notice that is was weak to the eyes, consequently affecting the overall aspect of the tank. I changed for an ATI blue Plus and that was a better choice for the PAR alone. My combination at that time was 2 aqua blue special, 1 true actinic and 5 Blue Plus bulbs. Never used it again after that.

I believe the health/colors of the inverts need to come from other sources than pure reflection from colored bulbs. The protein pigments are reflecting from light source, but in a natural way, more towards the 10000K - 14000K range of the spectrum.
    I also believe that nutrition from particle foods would help colors found in most cnidarians.

Aloha,
    Grandis.
  • VERY NICE By Ed on 6/18/2015

Way better than what i was expecting from my stock bulbs. They look great make colors look way better.
  • The best By David on 6/5/2015

Coral growth and looks speaks for itself. Definitely worth buying these bulbs!
  • Great bulb By James on 3/23/2015

It gives corals the extra kick in color. used one in a 4 bulb fixture and it brought the colors out that extra bit.
  • ATI 54 w t5 By blane71 on 12/30/2014

Great bulb adds alot to aquarium have a nice shimmer recommend all the varieties.
  • Great Bulbs By Brad on 12/24/2014

Great bulb combos for growth and color pop, no need to look for anything other than ati!