- Home /
- Swing Check Valve
Needs higher reverse pressure By Phat_Rat on 9/9/2014Phat_Rat wouldn't recommend this product to a friendThe valve itself looks good, and seems to function, but only if there's a high enough water pressure flowing back against it. I put it on the return of my sump, and turned off the pump to test it. The pressure from the back-siphon wasn't terribly much, and water flowed back through the valve and began filling my sump. Not sure I'd use this unless it was for a HUGE build
Works so good By edward on 5/6/2012edward would recommend this product to a friendI got one of these for my tank and recommended it to a friend and he got one too. This is a must have, great peace of mind knowing my tank won't back fill into my refuge.
Good product By Matthew on 12/1/2011Matthew would recommend this product to a friendI have this product installed on my return to my tank. This product is made from clear pvc which is nice because you can see the condition of the swing valve inside. This is helpful because you can see if it needs cleaned. As for cleaning this valve it's very difficult to clean. I would recommend installing this using two unions so you can pull it out and clean it if needed.
Previously Asked Questions
The golden rule of plumbing is that every job takes three trips to the store. While this can be frustrating locally it can be much worse when shopping online. Being short a fitting or two can delay a plumbing project for days. Here are some quick tips to avoid this.
- Plan your plumbing on paper
- Don't skimp on unions. Unions allow for easy breakdown and maintenance as well as remove the need for precise elbow placement. Use them as often as possible.
- When in doubt order extra. We happily accept returns for a full refund (less shipping) on all unused fittings within one month of purchase. A few extra bucks in return shipping is less frustrating than a project delay.
Deal of the Day!
Aquabreed 200 Calcium & Alkalinity DripperEnds in
Regular Price: $16.99
Special Price: $12.7400:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427