- Home /
- Spears Check Valve
DIY project By Mike DIY on 4/16/13Mike DIY would recommend this product to a friendI recently ordered the 3/4 inch Spears Schedule 80 Check Valve.
You will additionally need when choosing to use flexible hose as a return from the Sump
Bulk Reef Supply:
2 count Sku # 202544 3/4 Schedule 80 female Pipe Adapter
2 count Sku # 202656 3/4 Schedule 80 Straight Barb X Male Thread
*** AND! a trip to Lowe's for: ***
Two 1 inch sawed pieces of 3/4 inch X 5-FT Sched 40 PVC Pipe
Two metal hose clamps
and Water safe hot and cold GLUE
Sand off the sawed PVC parts ( I could not find 3/4 inch coupler so thats what I had to do.
Make sure you install on a 90 degree angle and there you go
Hope I saved you atleast one trip or order from my experience
Mike from Boston
Great By Holyreefer on 3/22/13Holyreefer would recommend this product to a friendI like them so much i have 3 of them on my tank currently
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a Question About 'Spears Check Valve'
Previously Asked Questions
by Mike on February 26, 2014, @11:58 AM
Is this check valve threaded at bothe ends?
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Mike,
This fitting is a slip fitting, it has no threads.
by Ian on February 12, 2014, @5:06 PM
are these threaded or slip?
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Ian,
All of the fittings are slip (as this is "normal") unless specifically labeled as thread. In the case of these valves they are all slip.
The golden rule of plumbing is that every job takes three trips to the store. While this can be frustrating locally it can be much much worse when shopping online. Being short a fitting or two can delay a plumbing project for days. Here are some quick tips to avoid this.
- Plan your plumbing on paper
- Don't skimp on unions. Unions allow for easy breakdown and maintenance as well as remove the need for precise elbow placement. Use them as often as possible.
- When in doubt order extra. We happily accept returns for a full refund (less shipping) on all unused fittings within one month of purchase. A few extra bucks in return shipping is less frustrating then a project delay.
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Aquarium Lighting
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427