- Home /
- Skimz Oval SV223 DC Internal Protein Skimmer
No related items recommended for this product.
So far good performance By Francisco on 9/3/2014Francisco would recommend this product to a friendGot this Skimmer for my 220 Mixed reef with very high bioload. I was experiencing a bid too much algae growth on the glass and was not happy with the skimmer I had. Within a day of setting up this skimmer my glass had very little algae and I now clean the glass about every 5 days. probably will get even better with time. I was specially very happy with the shape of the skimmer because it allowed me to fit larger capacity skimmer in a very limited space. I will give it 4.5 because it had no instructions, although not complicated to figure out.
Great Product By Don on 8/18/2014Don would recommend this product to a friendContacted BRS when this line was introduced and am I glad I did. Great skimmer that has been producing high quality skimmate since day one on my 150G reef. It is in a 12 x 30 x 15 sump and the oval design allows it to fit nicely with room to spare in the skimmer chamber of the sump (about 16x12). I have had several commercial skimmers over time all the way back to the SeaClown (which actually worked OK on a 75 for me) up to this. Had the RedSea C-Skim 1800 which had pump problems and adjustment problems (giving me blood pressure problems) the entire 3 years I owned it. This skimmer has been none of that. Truly set-it and forget-it other than giving the cup and neck a thorough cleaning when it needs it.
If possible I would give this product a 4.5 with a 5 almost never in my online evaluation review. Can't thank Skimz and BRS enough for this product.
- Integrated cylindrical and cone shape chambers help reduce bubble bursting and surface agitation
- Bubble Plate Design - reduces turbulence
- Maximum air flow capacity in compact design
- Micro-adjustable valve for precise water level control
- Twist-lock neck for easy collection cup removal
- Quality construction - CNC machined parts and Georg Fischer fittings
- Internal application - no feed pump required
- Dimensions: 8.66” x 12.40” x 22.83" (220mm x 315mm x 580mm)
Skimz VSC5000 DC Controller Pump:
- Air Draw: 238 - 476 GPH (900 - 1800 LPH)
- Power Consumption: 13 -35 Watts
- Six RPM presets and feed mode
- Warranty for Original Purchaser against defective material and workmanship that occurs during normal use.
- 2 Year Warranty on skimmer body
- 1 Year Warranty on pump
Deal of the Day!
Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Submersible HeaterEnds in00:00:00:00
Deal of the Day!
BRS Coral Propagation Kit - Deluxe with GlueEnds in
Regular Price: $89.99
Special Price: $62.9900:00:00:00
- Black Friday Deals & Doorbusters
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-F
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427