- Home /
- Skimz Monzter SM163 DC Internal Protein Skimmer
No related items recommended for this product.
So far so good - pulling skimmate after 2 days By Anthony on 12/18/2014Anthony would recommend this product to a friendThis skimmer is well built and very quiet. It started pulling skimmate after just 2 days. So far I'd definitely recommend. Of course in a couple of months I'll update this.
One important thing to note, the description says, 'Foot Print: 7.4” x 7.4”,' though technically true, the decorative scalloped ring (not sure what else to call it) toward the top of the skimmer is actually wider than the base. I'd guess closer to 8"x8". So if you are putting this in a REALLY tight skimmer compartment in your sump where a tenth of an inch makes a difference, you'll want to take that into consideration.
We love it! By TxAdamFitz on 8/26/2014TxAdamFitz would recommend this product to a friendSeveral features of this skimmer allow for precision tuning. Controls are all above water, which makes for quick, and simple adjustments.
The DC motor has a one touch feed mode, which prevents food and oils from coating the inside of the skimmer cone, during feed time. After the feeding time is up, that motor ramps back up to skim mode. I also use thus feature when cleaning out the collection cup. Which is secured by a 1/8 of a turn and lift. No rubber neck to contend with.
We had limitations in our sump when it came to size. The smaller footprint just squeezed into our sump. Glad it did. It's super quiet, easy to use, and cleanup is a snap. Easy to adjust from a wet skim to a slower dark sludge. We prefer somewhere In the middle.
We are well aware of the contenders on the market. For the price point we were leaning towards the omega 180, however it's larger footprint and lower total volume pushed us towards the Skimzs. Glad we did.
Puzzled By Steven on 8/20/2014Steven wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI would love to install this tonight, but it'll be a few days until I figure it out, since there were no directions included. Million parts to put together.
- Integrated cylindrical and cone shape chambers help reduce bubble bursting and surface agitation
- Bubble Plate Design - reduces turbulence
- Maximum air flow capacity in compact design
- Micro-adjustable valve for precise water level control
- Twist-lock neck for easy collection cup removal
- Quality construction - CNC machined parts and Georg Fischer fittings
- Internal application - no feed pump required
- Base Diameter: 6.3" (160mm)
- Foot Print: 7.4” x 7.4” (188mm x 188mm)
- Total Height: 21.5” (545mm)
VSC3000-DC Pump Features:
- Six RPM presets
- Feed mode with shut off timer
- Air Draw: 159-317 GPH (600-1200 LPH)
- Power Consumption: 9-19 Watts
- Warranty for Original Purchaser against defective material and workmanship that occurs during normal use.
- 2 Year Warranty on skimmer body
- 1 Year Warranty on pump
Deal of the Day!
BRS Biopellet Reactor Combo KitEnds in$74.9900:00:00:00
- Rock & Sand
- Auto Top Off
- Cal, Alk & Trace
- Controllers & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
Pumps & Plumbing
- Submersible Pumps
- External Pumps
- Dosing Pumps
- Air Pumps & Accessories
- Salt & Maintenance
- Skimmers, Reactors & Filtration
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427