- Home /
- Self-Piercing Saddle Valve
Too Easy! By pbhonl on 7/15/2013pbhonl would recommend this product to a friendEven though I had a quick-snap adapter on my laundry room faucet, I grew tired of having to unhook it when I wanted to use the laundry room sink.
I was skeptical that I would get enough pressure using a saddle valve.
Installing it was easy; didn’t see a drop of water leak and I get the same pressure as when it was connected to the faucet.
Simple to Install By Den on 5/7/2013Den would recommend this product to a friendUsed this to connect my RO/DI to an existing 3/4" water line. Installation was simple and so far works as expected
Excellent Product By Adam on 4/29/2013Adam would recommend this product to a friendGlad I purchased this to install my RO/DI under my sink.
Works great! By Michael on 3/12/2013Michael would recommend this product to a friendUsed this valve to attach to my RO/DI Unit that I bought, very simple to use and easy to attach the hose with the compression fitting.
Perfect! By The Reef Spot on 3/2/2013The Reef Spot would recommend this product to a friendBought this to replace the laundry tub adapter. Now I can keep my water reservoirs topped off, and still use my sink. No more unscrewing an adapter every time i just want to rinse something off!
great product By nguyen on 2/29/2012nguyen would recommend this product to a friendjust what i needed for the ro unit. no leak
Better than hooking up to faucet By Leland on 10/10/2011Leland would recommend this product to a friendI used this to locate my RO/DI unit closer to my resivour in my basement. Copperpipe is right over head,so it made locating the unit easy, and I dont have to attach it to my sink faucet anymore.
Will Work On Input Or Output By cm11599ps on 11/16/2010cm11599ps would recommend this product to a friendI have my RO unit installed in my boiler room so there's no drain in there. I ended up running a piece of 1" PVC from my boiler room out into my yard into a well I dug for my gutter downspouts. I then attached this saddle valve to the 1" PVC to run the RO waste into that well. Works like a charm.
Being that my PVC is thicker then the copper tubing this is really meant for I had some extra steps. I attached the saddle valve to my PVC and pierced the PVC. I then completely removed the saddle valve and used a screw to help make the hole a little bit bigger. I then took the screw out and reattached the saddle valve, hooked the RO to it and called it a day. Works great.
The valve is really meant as an input for connecting your RO unit to your water supply line but I figured it it can handle the 60psi of a typical house then it could handle whatever pressure my waste water was which I"m sure isn't too much at all.
great performance and quality!! By Melad 360 on 11/4/2010Melad 360 would recommend this product to a friendi got this to attach my RO system to the copper piping in our house because the humidifier line didnt have enough pressure to make the system work properly. i shut off the water, attached the valve, and BINGO! not a single drop of water was spilled during, or after attachment. the unit is built with high quality components, and is very easy to use. just screw to tighten it onto the piping, screw the needle, unscrew, and done. i would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to attach their RO system to copper pipes without expensive Tees, valves, diverters, etc that you would have to get instead.Pr
Great product By Rene on 1/12/2010Rene would recommend this product to a friendI was unable to depressureize the line i was tapping into, however, i added the valve any way, to my surprise there was not a drop of water that leaked from the valve during and after installation
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a Question About 'Self-Piercing Saddle Valve'
Previously Asked Questions
No questions have been asked yet.
Self Piercing Saddle Valve Installation Instructions
- Choose a location as close to the RO unit as possible.
- Make sure the water supply is OFF.
- Back up the piercing pin all the way by turning the handle counterclockwise. It should be retracted slightly past the rubber gasket.
- Position the valve over the pipe and turn the loose clamp piece appropriately to fit the shape of your pipe.
- Firmly snug the valve to the pipe by turning the screw/bolt. This should be done by hand to avoid over tightening.
- Slide compression nut on RO tube.
- Slide on compression sleeve. Note that the sleeve is narrower on one end. Narrow end should be away from valve.
- Insert brass insert into tubing end.
- Tighten compression nut to valve to attach tubing. Do not over tighten.
- Slowly turn valve handle clockwise to pierce pipe. Turn it all the way. This is the "OFF" position.
- Back the valve handle out to open.
- Turn on water supply and check for leaks.
Deal of the Day!
VorTech MP60w ES Propeller Pump - EcoTech MarineEnds in00:00:00:00
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Aquarium Lighting
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Monitors, Testing & Controllers
- Pumps & Plumbing
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427