How to use this.. Its easy. You only need 1 no matter how many LED modules you add. By Shawn on 11/8/12
Shawn would recommend this product to a friend
As always, it takes a little trial and error to figure out how things work.
1. You only need 1 of these upgrade kits no matter how many additional LED modules you are adding to your vertex light. All of the necessary screws and thermal paste come in your LED module box.
2. The only thing this upgrade kit does is provide a plastic guide mechanism and two hex tools of different sizes.. for correctly placing your LED module on your vertex LED light bar. Vertex would be better off changing the name of this product... from upgrade kit... to installation guide kit (Need only 1).
Overall this very low cost product makes the installation of a red or UV LED module quite easy. (I can't find green in stock at any site). The upgrade kit is perfectly aligned to allow easy manipulation of your new LED pads.
1. Simply apply thermal paste to the back of your LED module.
2. Align the LED module in the spot you want. (Allowing for cable connection)
3. Apply pressure to spread thermal paste. (creating contact)
4. Tighten screws
5. Connect cable
6. Vertex software auto detects new modules when you turn LED bar on. You get full control over all red and UV modules.