Reefers Best? Nope, not even close By Paul on 7/30/2016
Paul wouldn't recommend this product to a friend
I run a zeovit tank, and have been struggling to find a salt that is lower in alkalinity at 35ppt. I got this on sale hoping, that it's made by the makers of Zeovit, that maybe this is what I'm looking for.
I finally got around to making a batch of water today using this salt, and before I added to the tank, I wanted to test it. I'm so glad I did.
at 35 ppt, the alkalinity was 10, calcium 450 and magnesium 1400
at 34 ppt, the alkalinity was 9.7
at 33 ppt, the alkalinity was 9.5 (SG of 1.024-1.025)
So I continue to look for a salt that I can use with zeovit where I don't have to lower the salinity to get the numbers I need to run at.
KZ advertises that this as close to NSW as you can get, which is a huge huge misadvertisement. If anything it's false advertising.
Perfect Salt despite the price By Heliux on 2/26/2016
Heliux would recommend this product to a friend
Best salt I have ever used, and mixes the crystal clear. The price tag is definitely a heavy one, but If you have smaller tank or run a Zeovit system, this is perfect because of the smaller water changes.
For those of you who do not know how to mix this stuff - because it doesn't come with typical instructions like other brands of salt - Here is how I do it with complete success.
1. Get a bucket WITH STURDY SECURE LID from your local hardware store, or grab a clean spare bucket you have from other salt mixes. This is because this salt comes in a box and a bag.
2. Pour entire bag into this bucket carefully, and then close the lid tight. A tight fitted lid that is either clamped on or screws on is important because of step 3.
3. Once all the salt is in the bucket and you have the lid on tight, roll the bucket on its side for a couple of minutes and flip the bucket upside down a couple times (carefully) to make sure the salt is completely mixed. This brand of salt separates out quicker than others, but this is the easy remedy for that. I also make sure to roll it for a minute before I take scoops out for every water change just to make sure it has a consistent mix. PLEASE DON'T NEGLECT THIS STEP!
4. Once you have done step three for a couple minutes, you can scoop out the salt and add it to your water! Best suggestion is to get your salt to tank temperature and then mix it; also, this salt mixes quickly, so you can mix and add within the same hour. I have the best results when I get my water to 80F, then pour about (0.5 dry cups) of salt per gallon.
5. Then I mix it rigorously in the bucket for about 1 minute, then let it sit for 1 hour before I pour it in! I'm not joking.
I love this salt!
Pricey but QUALITY! By Fred on 12/18/2015
Fred would recommend this product to a friend
As a full ZEO user, it was only a matter of time until I adopted this salt mix also. When it wasn't available, I was using RedSea Salt (Blue Bucket), but once in stock, this was just as good for a mix for tanks that run as close to NSW as possible. I found this to mix at slightly higher Alk levels than than the RedSea and the original KZ RBS, but not that much higher that it would spike my levels during WCs, especially as ZEOvit users are recommended to do just 5-10%, (bi)weekly. Alk mixes around 8-9 dKH in my tests and according to KZ, as they answered my emails I sent regarding this question, directly from Thomas Pohl, himself. My corals look happy and water mixes fast and clear. All other levels are on point.
Great when it's on sale By Bradley on 9/11/2014
Bradley wouldn't recommend this product to a friend
Got this salt while it was nearly 50% off just to try it out. My tank is doing amazingly thus far and I am really loving how clean the salt is. But I would definitely only stock up on it at a discounted price. $100 is just too expensive though.
Best salt ever!! By Sealife909 on 8/21/2014
Sealife909 would recommend this product to a friend
My fish and corals seem happier, Dissolves quickly, Great Salt!!!!!
too expensive By mike on 2/9/2014
mike wouldn't recommend this product to a friend
This does mix up nice and clean. Levels looked good except mag was a little low - 1180. I have been using for two months and everything looks fine, I just feel it is overpriced. The other problem is now that I need more salt I couldn't buy it if I wanted to.
Great Salt - very consistent By mhucasey on 12/15/2013
mhucasey would recommend this product to a friend
I just switched over to this salt and So far, the corals seem to be responding very well. The salt mixes up very consistently and clears quickly. Tests on the Alkalinity and potassium levels match the Manufacturers claims. I definitely recommend it Expensive but worth it.
Forget everything else. By Subodh on 11/28/2013
Subodh would recommend this product to a friend
I've been a die hard fan of Red Sea Coral Pro all this while. But I took the jump and realized I must keep an open mind. Somethings can get better than the best :) 'nuf said.My SPS is the proof.