Ask a question
Reef Octopus Regal Skimmers now incorporate the new VarioS S pinwheel series of pumps. The new pumps are DC powered allowing for several advantages over traditional AC style pumps. The VarioS pumps can be fully controlled by a 3rd-party controller, or through the included control unit. With 5 different preset speeds, and multiple feed modes, you can fine-tune Regal skimmers for superior performance on your particular system.
Internal protein skimmers that have the pump mounted externally will normally be more efficient than a space saver model (internally mounted pump) due to the fact that there is more room in the skimmers reaction chamber, and less overall turbulence. They do require a bit more space but if your sump can fit a protein skimmer that has an externally mounted pump you will see much better results.
Well Stocked Tank - Rated up to 450 gallons
Medium Stocked Tank - Rated up to 575 gallons
Light Stocked Tank - Rated up to 700 gallons
- VarioS-6 DC controllable pump
- Apex Ready
- Safety overflow float switch for cup
- High quality cast acrylic
- Easily disassembled for cleaning
- Hybrid Cone Shape
- High volume air intake
- Body Drain
- Quiet operation
- Solid construction
- Easily removed collection cup
- Detachable controller with waterproof union
- 3rd-Party controller input (0-10V)
- 2 year warranty on pump body
- 1 year warranty on pump rotor (pinwheel impeller)
- 1 year warranty on skimmer body
- Body Diameter: 12"
- Neck Size: 7"
- Foot Print: 18” x 12.2”
- Total Height: 25.4”
- Output Size: 50mm - 1.5”
- Recommended sump water depth: 7 -8.5"
VarioS-6 S Pinwheel Pump Features:
- Air Draw: 1200-2400 LPH / 42-84 SCFH*
- Power Consumption: 35-70W
- Voltage: DC 36V
*Aquarium set up will determine air and water results.
- Regal 300 INT Protein Skimmer
- VarioS-6 S Pinwheel Pump
- VarioS Control Unit
- Skimmer Cup Float Switch
- Output Gate Valve
- Metric to Standard Adapter
- Neck Cleaner: CL-300
- Neck Extension: NK-300