- Home /
- ReefKeeper Elite w/ Net - Digital Aquatics
69 Reward Points$69.99
Regular Price: $39.99
Special Price: $35.99
No insturctional maual By Reef Paradise on 5/16/13Reef Paradise wouldn't recommend this product to a friendIf you want hi-tech, yes this is for you. But you are on your own. There is no instructional manual. Guesses and go, tried and errors is the main theme for this DA, unless you are NASA engineer. Yes indeed there is a thread for how to run this properly on line, but if you don't know where you are, a map won't help. Right? I bought mine in Black Friday on Thanksgiving and until now still now completely figure it out. By the way not to mention customer services are extremely short of staffs. You are really lucky in there is a human answer the phone.
Awesome! By Wendiesel on 4/9/13Wendiesel would recommend this product to a friendI too had a broken system hours after setup. It was the RKL Plus that died on me. But the short time I had with it was awesome! BRS was by my side and worked things out with me. The replacement RKL worked and is still working with no problems. About a month later I ordered a RKE Net and absolutely love this system. I think the folks that put these things together just don't give a crap along with the folks from quality control, because this system is great. If you can navigate a smartphone without the instructions for the most part, then you should not have a problem getting to know the system. If you panic at the thought of upgrading your phone to the latest and greatest phone available the you might find it hard to work with. As far as the instructions go, whats wrong with saving trees? I feel like DA has done a wonderful thing by posting the instructions instead of putting 1 in each box!
I give BRS 5 stars for awesome service
I give DA 4 stars.. 5 for an awesome product -1 star for poor quality control
All in all the Reefkeeper line is just awesome. This is what I own
1 RD1? (RKL Control)
And I would buy it all again!
this thing sucks By gus on 3/10/13gus wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI just opened the box today and its already broken, I have to hold the bus cable in the back of the display unit to keep the display on. Beyond that, the online manual does NOT match any of the options on the display. I figured the problem is firmware related so I tried to download the version referenced in the manual (v1.07), but I am on v2.06 already. It wouldnt have mattered because the link on their website for the upgrade goes to a dead web page.
I give up.
Great Controller By Troy on 3/2/13Troy would recommend this product to a friendEasy to install and the software is easy to follow to assign and setup your components.
Little Disappointed By Steven on 1/31/13Steven wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI am noot sure where to begin on this. It is not "Super simple" unless you use the ReefKeeper software to setup. Without the ReefKeeper software this is beyond the most painful device i have ever tried to use as the actual head unit is NOT user friendly. It does do what it says though and will respond accordingly,
I have tried to calibrate the pH probe but think i would have done better to throw it out of the window. It is ALWAYS 0.1 off from actual. As a result i just had to readjust my alarms for the RKE "standard".
Overall it does give me some piece of mind knowing that it can email me when there is a problem. However, I think spending the few extra dollars to get the Neptune device may be worth it....
DA should be ashamed By Ryan on 1/26/13Ryan wouldn't recommend this product to a friendThis product SUCKS! Well, let me restate that....this product SUCKS MY #$&! Nothing is easy....everything is a hassle. If you wanted to make and sell a product to super computer nerds....then just advertise it that way. This hobby is suppose to be relaxing. If I was a wealthy person, I'd smash up the whole thing, put it in a box, and ship it back to DA.
Do your research By Tom on 1/23/13Tom wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI honestly don't know why this product still has a 4 star rating. Before reading my review note that I have a technical background and perform regular maintenance/calibration on all of my tank equipment. I'm giving this product a 1 star review because of a lack of confidence in the Digital Aquatics. In my opinion DA has not been able to successfully produce a product that works as advertised.
Here is my story. I purchased my RKE w/Net back in April 2011. I was new to the hobby and had lots to learn. The RKE seemed like a good choice at the time and I believed that it would help me automate and accurately monitor my tank. Setup was pretty easy for me and all seemed well.
That is until I brought a water sample to my LFS for testing. Salinity and pH were way off from what the RKE was reporting. Even after firmware updates and re-calibration. Note that DA has not put out firmware updates since 9/2011. I have reported a few repeatable software bugs (Like Timer Issues) on DA's forums and directly to support. None have been addressed.
Its been almost a year since they had a press release and admitted that the SL2 and Salinity probe were defective. BTW you can find the press release on DA's website. You will see that DA has agreed to replace both the module and probe, This sounded great and made me very happy. But here we are a year later (close to 2 years after my initial purchase) and still no replacement or even a firmware update.
If you don't believe me, check there website, forums, and Facebook page. You can see for yourself just how many upset customers they have.
Great Setup By Jman on 12/26/12Jman would recommend this product to a friendYou have to get familiar with it.. BRS has done a great job putting up instructional videos..
Very Upset Customer from the post before.. why don't you grow a tupee with brains in it! You posted negative review on the wrong product retard!
If you are Iron Men with rock nerves, self masochist and want to waste your money try the ReefKeeper. By Oleg on 12/18/12Oleg wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI've had extremely bad experience with Digital Aquatics. I've never used my Head unit it was broken on the first day. Without Head unit ReefKeeper Elite w/ Net Digital Aquatics is the first candidate to garbage bin. I asked about replacement Digital Aquatics and waiting one week ... after "We have received it and will get back to you as soon as possible." on the second week I got respond stupid advices as ..." I would recommend inspecting the bus cables, connectors and ports to make sure they are clean and free of debris or damage,"...bla, bla, bla. I am radio engineer and perfectionist, it was difficult to proof that I am not beginner in plug in play. After 3 week communication I got finally 2 suggestions but both were bad for me. If you are Iron Men with rock nerves, self masochist and want to waste your money try the ReefKeeper. I should inform Bulk Reef Supply don't help me and they were uninvolved spectator on my problem.
They dont stand behind their Warranty By Very Upset Customer on 12/18/12Very Upset Customer would recommend this product to a friendOverall the product is SoSo. They are not in the same ball park with companies and products like Vortech and Digital Aquatics. I say this because their salinity meter is poor and their product support is well below par.
I dropped $500 on the Elite module about 6-7 months ago. It stopped working and tried to call in for which their phones were not working and would just hang up when you call or give busy signal. Thankfully their was email. I had to pay $20 to ship the short circut device back to them only to waste a week for them to tell me they were not standing behind their 2 year warranty and would have to pay $215 for a new one. To make matters worse they stated I needed to pay for return shipping for my 6 month old product.
I have never been so disatisfied and upset with a company. I have been in the hobby for 10 years. I had no other choice but to buy another one since I alreayd invested close to $700 after all the modules I have added on. I would never reccommend this company to a family or friend.
Awesome controller By Alen on 11/27/12Alen would recommend this product to a friendThe best thing I ever bought for my tank, I look forward to performing maintenance to my tank because this controller make it easy.
Love it!! By rocko on 11/27/12rocko would recommend this product to a friendSo much easier to have and aquarium with a controller, when I recived my RKE It was easy to setup, and has so many options on what I can do with the controller, I run my main DT and a QT with my RKE. Must have one of these on your list.
Upgradeable and expandable aquarium controller from Digital Aquatics, the Elite w/NET comes with many essential accessories which other controllers require you to buy separately.
Quick Compare - ReefKeeper
|Head Unit||Power Controller 4||System Lab 1||Programming Coupler||Temperature Probe||pH Probe||System Interface Device||Net Interface Module|
|Lite Plus||x||x (2)||x||x||x||x||x|
|Lite Net||x||x (2)||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Elite Plus||x||x (2)||x||x||x (w/calib. packets)||x|
|Elite Net||x||x (2)||x||x||x (w/calib. packets)||x||x|
Here is a full list of what's included with the Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper Elite v2:
- ReefKeeper Elite Head Unit (RKM-GC1)
- ReefKeeper SL1 module: pH, ORP, temperature, 2 micro switches (RKM-SL1)
- 2 ReefKeeper PC4 module's: total of 8 outlets
- ReefKeeper System Interface Device (RKM-SID
- Digital Aquatics pH probe kit
- Digital Aquatics Temp Probe
- 2 switch input adapters
- 6 foot bus cable
- 2 three foot bus cables
- 2 one foot bus cables
- 6 foot USB cord
- 8 mounting screws
Full list of ReefKeeper Elite v2 features:
- Free software upgrades from Digital Aquatics are easy to install and keep your ReefKeeper Elite up to date with the latest firmware.
- MyReef software requires Windows Operating system
- Advanced 11 button interface makes the ReefKeeper Elite intuitive and easy to use.
- 128 x 64 graphical display with status icons, data graphs and a variety of other important information.
- The Home screen displays icons and easy to read information giving you "at a glance" system status updates. Easy scroll through function allows you to view all the data for your tank with the touch of a button.
- 250+ programmable channels allows for the control of over 250 outlets at once and ensures that you won't outgrow your RKE.
- Multiple mounting options keeps your aquarium setup looking custom and professional.
- Simple menu system for easy configuration.
- Night Mode is independently programmable allowing the RK Elite to activate the Moon Light Controller (MCL), dim display, and transition tank to a calm state
- 63 alarms with audible and visual alerts notify you when critical system parameters are out of range.
- 63 dedicated and programmable timers which can be mixed and matched with the Muli-timer in any fashion to create even more complex functions.
- Multi-timer function allows you to stack up to four unique timers to create any on/off cycle desired. This feature is great for dosing and other scheduled tasks that don't happen on a regular interval or for creating your own special cycle based on your needs.
- The Data logging feature logs data, for up to 32 probes and devices, onboard with over 1000 data points each.
- Data graphing displays tank data in easy to read dynamic graphs which allows you to quickly see when and where things are happening in your aquarium.
- Sure On metal halide control protects metal halides, in the event of a power interruption, by ensuring that there is a 15 minute "cooling" delay before they turn back on after power is restored.
- Light Timer with weekday/weekend schedules and safety temperature cut off. Use your RK Elite to set lighting cycles that cater to your viewing schedules as it changes throughout the week. The light timer will shut down the lights if the temperature rises above a set point.
- With the Moon Light Controller (optional) the RK Elite system can simulate a true lunar cycle.
- 2 Standby/Feed/Service modes gives the flexibility to configure multiple service modes for activities like feeding, water changes and other maintenance.
- Control functions can take any probe input and act on it with a user settable hysteresis. This includes but is not limited to pH, ORP, temperature and micro switches.
- Sumps and skimmers pump control allows you to program the sump and skimmer pump functions to be off in standby and even have a standby delay to make sure the system doesn't overflow or over skim food after a feeding.
- Wavemaker A/B and C/D pump control: The RKE features expanded wavemaker controls that allows you to set up multiple pairs of powerheads to get all the turbulent flow you need.
- Top-off control: controls a pump based on a micro switch for top-off and other features.
- Key Lock: keep other people from messing with your ReefKeeper Elite settings.
- Battery Backup: user serviceable and does not require service for replacement.
- Audible Feedback can be turned on or off
- Splash-proof Faceplate
Deal of the Day!
BRS Mesh Filter Sock with Draw StringEnds in00:00:00:00
- FREE PRIZE$
- Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Hours: 9am -5pm CST M – F
672 Mendelssohn Ave N, MN 55427 Map