- Home /
- ReefKeeper Elite w/ Net - Digital Aquatics
69 Reward Points$69.99
PIECE OF CRAP UNIT By Joseph on 8/3/2014Joseph wouldn't recommend this product to a friendThe controller simply does not function; it reboots constantly; the software is JUNK there are so many bugs that prevent you from operating in one mode while trying to make use of certain features. If I had to do it over again Id opt for my money back.
Customer Service is a completely joke.
If Your Smart Enough To Read Then This System Is Limitless! By Phil on 2/26/2014Phil would recommend this product to a friendI laugh after reading all these negative comments. Did any of you even try tech support or even read the downloadable pdf owners manual? Probably Not, Because I haven't had a single problem with mine and mine controls EVERYTHING for not just my display which I originally bought it for but my frag system as well. Maybe people should do research and get the full layout before buying a $500 Reef Controller then crying because your too illiterate to read how functions work!
Cant Stand Stupid acting & thinking people.
I LOVE MY REEFKEEPER- AND BEING ABLE TO USE MY CELL PHONE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WITH A 4g or high speed Wi-Fi signal is priceless. Sux for all you illiterate people that didn't take the time to learn about your equipment because there is unlimited uses for the Elite Net ReefKeeper
Get an APEX controller. Don't waste your time or money on a reefkeeper. By FCorsten on 12/28/2013FCorsten wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI've had my Reefkeeper Elite for 1.5 years. I hate it. It does basic functions well enough, but if you want more you're going to be disappointed. I can never get the NET module to work properly. Without the NET module it doesn't do half the functions I bought it for. I tried to get some customer service from DA but to no avail. The salinity probe is now available but for the whole time I had my Reefkeeper said probe and module was " in development". I decided not to sink any more money in this controller and I got an APEX. Even the connections on the probes suck. I broke my temperature probe just by unplugging it!!! Absolute garbage...I couldn't be more angry at Digital Aquatics. If you could give this product no stars I would! You've been warned.
buyer beware!!!!!! By David on 12/9/2013David wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI don’t usually review products, but this thing has driven me to it. I whole-heartedly suggest you consider every other possibility before you buy this thing. After a month of messing with it I would return it to BRS for 50 cents on the dollar. Two features really motivated me to buy this package: graphing and control over a network. The computer interface cable in the box from BRS did not work. After a night wasted on the internet chat forums I was told I probably had a bad cable. DA sent me a second. It did not work. DA sent me a third. Finally I was able to access the system from a laptop. The software is amateurish at best. The documentation is woefully deficient and outdated. The graphing that is provided now requires a computer to be hooked to the device. Nothing is simple or easy…let alone polished or well done.
Horrible company all around By Dre on 11/14/2013Dre wouldn't recommend this product to a friendYou half to be a mechanical engineer to figure out how to program the system. Then you call customer service expecting a solution, WRONG! This company is terrible all around. I'd get the Appex controller if I could do it over again, better reviews. About $1200 bucks down the drain :-(
awesome easy setup By ROGERWILCO357 on 9/8/2013ROGERWILCO357 would recommend this product to a friendIt took me like 20 minutes to have it up and running , controls my heater which has saved me when the heater malfunctioned and was shut down by the controller , also controls my lights if the tank gets to hot it shuts the lights down leaving the minimum lights on that i programmed to stay on unless another temp is reached then all lights out. takes care of all my 2 part dosers and controls my ato so nice love the unit have 3 now two lite units for other tanks and my sons since his heater stuck and he lost all his corals and fish now he has piece of mind. Now if they get the controller to work with my vortices and get that salinity probe up to snuff it will get 5 stars but till then i give them 4..not sure why people have trouble programming it since its pretty easy setting the alarms and such…well give it a whirl .
Faulty product, poor/non existent customer service By AB on 7/16/2013AB wouldn't recommend this product to a friendOrdered over $1,200 worth of the system. Attempted to set it up piece by piece. Worked ok until adding the third module then constantly started loosing time. Sent in head unit for replacement. Received replacement, system constantly rebooted itself. Attempted to contact customer service, their response will always be disconnect EVERY module then start adding them back one at a time until the reboot happens. Good idea unless you have 12 modules and the reboot is only happening intermittently. System now reboots constantly and DA refuses to replace it. Piece of junk, not worth the time. Highly suggest you don't purchase.
No insturctional maual By Reef Paradise on 5/16/2013Reef Paradise wouldn't recommend this product to a friendIf you want hi-tech, yes this is for you. But you are on your own. There is no instructional manual. Guesses and go, tried and errors is the main theme for this DA, unless you are NASA engineer. Yes indeed there is a thread for how to run this properly on line, but if you don't know where you are, a map won't help. Right? I bought mine in Black Friday on Thanksgiving and until now still now completely figure it out. By the way not to mention customer services are extremely short of staffs. You are really lucky in there is a human answer the phone.
Awesome! By Wendiesel on 4/9/2013Wendiesel would recommend this product to a friendI too had a broken system hours after setup. It was the RKL Plus that died on me. But the short time I had with it was awesome! BRS was by my side and worked things out with me. The replacement RKL worked and is still working with no problems. About a month later I ordered a RKE Net and absolutely love this system. I think the folks that put these things together just don't give a crap along with the folks from quality control, because this system is great. If you can navigate a smartphone without the instructions for the most part, then you should not have a problem getting to know the system. If you panic at the thought of upgrading your phone to the latest and greatest phone available the you might find it hard to work with. As far as the instructions go, whats wrong with saving trees? I feel like DA has done a wonderful thing by posting the instructions instead of putting 1 in each box!
I give BRS 5 stars for awesome service
I give DA 4 stars.. 5 for an awesome product -1 star for poor quality control
All in all the Reefkeeper line is just awesome. This is what I own
1 RD1? (RKL Control)
And I would buy it all again!
this thing sucks By gus on 3/9/2013gus wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI just opened the box today and its already broken, I have to hold the bus cable in the back of the display unit to keep the display on. Beyond that, the online manual does NOT match any of the options on the display. I figured the problem is firmware related so I tried to download the version referenced in the manual (v1.07), but I am on v2.06 already. It wouldnt have mattered because the link on their website for the upgrade goes to a dead web page.
I give up.
Great Controller By Troy on 3/2/2013Troy would recommend this product to a friendEasy to install and the software is easy to follow to assign and setup your components.
Little Disappointed By Steven on 1/31/2013Steven wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI am noot sure where to begin on this. It is not "Super simple" unless you use the ReefKeeper software to setup. Without the ReefKeeper software this is beyond the most painful device i have ever tried to use as the actual head unit is NOT user friendly. It does do what it says though and will respond accordingly,
I have tried to calibrate the pH probe but think i would have done better to throw it out of the window. It is ALWAYS 0.1 off from actual. As a result i just had to readjust my alarms for the RKE "standard".
Overall it does give me some piece of mind knowing that it can email me when there is a problem. However, I think spending the few extra dollars to get the Neptune device may be worth it....
Previously Asked Questions
by nicholas on March 27, 2014, @10:29 AM
I see that the elite model is missing the programming coupler. I would like to know what it does and why this model doesn't need it or does it miss out on any features that the coupler has. Thank you
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Nicholas,
The Elite head unit has a female port on it and the SID module is male, so it plugs right in. The lite head unit has a male port, so you need the programming coupler (which is just a female to female coupler) to be able to plug into the male port on the SID module.
by cosmo on March 18, 2014, @4:11 PM
how many modules can the elite support
Bulk Reef Supply Great question. The RKE can basically run a whole fish store as it handle up to 63 modules (thats a lot of probes and outlets!). If you managed to hit that maximum I would be really impressed!
by Jim on March 17, 2014, @7:46 AM
I'm installing my Reefkeeper Elite system and I want to utilize 3 of the PC4's. I can't seem to find how to do this, I wish they had better diagrams, can you help please?
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Jim,
Glad to help. The setup is actually super easy, you just plug the PC4's into the wall and then you plug the bus cable in between the different components. As long as each PC4 is plugged into another module, and one of them is plugged into head unit, your good to go. The order they are plugged in doesn't matter, you can daisy chain them and the other modules however you wish.
Upgradeable and expandable aquarium controller from Digital Aquatics, the Elite w/NET comes with many essential accessories which other controllers require you to buy separately.
Quick Compare - ReefKeeper
|Head Unit||Power Controller 4||System Lab 1||Programming Coupler||Temperature Probe||pH Probe||System Interface Device||Net Interface Module|
|Lite Plus||x||x (2)||x||x||x||x||x|
|Lite Net||x||x (2)||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Elite Plus||x||x (2)||x||x||x (w/calib. packets)||x|
|Elite Net||x||x (2)||x||x||x (w/calib. packets)||x||x|
Here is a full list of what's included with the Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper Elite v2:
- ReefKeeper Elite Head Unit (RKM-GC1)
- ReefKeeper SL1 module: pH, ORP, temperature, 2 micro switches (RKM-SL1)
- 2 ReefKeeper PC4 module's: total of 8 outlets
- ReefKeeper System Interface Device (RKM-SID
- Digital Aquatics pH probe kit
- Digital Aquatics Temp Probe
- 2 switch input adapters
- 6 foot bus cable
- 2 three foot bus cables
- 2 one foot bus cables
- 6 foot USB cord
- 8 mounting screws
Full list of ReefKeeper Elite v2 features:
- Free software upgrades from Digital Aquatics are easy to install and keep your ReefKeeper Elite up to date with the latest firmware.
- MyReef software requires Windows Operating system
- Advanced 11 button interface makes the ReefKeeper Elite intuitive and easy to use.
- 128 x 64 graphical display with status icons, data graphs and a variety of other important information.
- The Home screen displays icons and easy to read information giving you "at a glance" system status updates. Easy scroll through function allows you to view all the data for your tank with the touch of a button.
- 250+ programmable channels allows for the control of over 250 outlets at once and ensures that you won't outgrow your RKE.
- Multiple mounting options keeps your aquarium setup looking custom and professional.
- Simple menu system for easy configuration.
- Night Mode is independently programmable allowing the RK Elite to activate the Moon Light Controller (MCL), dim display, and transition tank to a calm state
- 63 alarms with audible and visual alerts notify you when critical system parameters are out of range.
- 63 dedicated and programmable timers which can be mixed and matched with the Muli-timer in any fashion to create even more complex functions.
- Multi-timer function allows you to stack up to four unique timers to create any on/off cycle desired. This feature is great for dosing and other scheduled tasks that don't happen on a regular interval or for creating your own special cycle based on your needs.
- The Data logging feature logs data, for up to 32 probes and devices, onboard with over 1000 data points each.
- Data graphing displays tank data in easy to read dynamic graphs which allows you to quickly see when and where things are happening in your aquarium.
- Sure On metal halide control protects metal halides, in the event of a power interruption, by ensuring that there is a 15 minute "cooling" delay before they turn back on after power is restored.
- Light Timer with weekday/weekend schedules and safety temperature cut off. Use your RK Elite to set lighting cycles that cater to your viewing schedules as it changes throughout the week. The light timer will shut down the lights if the temperature rises above a set point.
- With the Moon Light Controller (optional) the RK Elite system can simulate a true lunar cycle.
- 2 Standby/Feed/Service modes gives the flexibility to configure multiple service modes for activities like feeding, water changes and other maintenance.
- Control functions can take any probe input and act on it with a user settable hysteresis. This includes but is not limited to pH, ORP, temperature and micro switches.
- Sumps and skimmers pump control allows you to program the sump and skimmer pump functions to be off in standby and even have a standby delay to make sure the system doesn't overflow or over skim food after a feeding.
- Wavemaker A/B and C/D pump control: The RKE features expanded wavemaker controls that allows you to set up multiple pairs of powerheads to get all the turbulent flow you need.
- Top-off control: controls a pump based on a micro switch for top-off and other features.
- Key Lock: keep other people from messing with your ReefKeeper Elite settings.
- Battery Backup: user serviceable and does not require service for replacement.
- Audible Feedback can be turned on or off
- Splash-proof Faceplate
Deal of the Day!
Aquabreed 200 Calcium & Alkalinity DripperEnds in
Regular Price: $16.99
Special Price: $12.7400:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427