- Home /
- Reef Octopus Diablo DCS300 In-Sump Protein Skimmer
Regular Price: $499.99
Special Price: $449.99
Out of stock
527 Reward Points
Regular Price: $585.99
Special Price: $527.39
Out of stock
674 Reward Points
Regular Price: $749.99
Special Price: $674.99
Out of stock
809 Reward Points
Regular Price: $899.99
Special Price: $809.99
Out of stock
Great Skimmer By nuxx on 3/10/14nuxx would recommend this product to a friendJust installed this skimmer on my new 650 gallon system.
Few hiccups while dialing it in. Now it's running dead silent and is pulling nice dark skimmate.
Have the DC pump dialed down a bit and it is still running great.
Make sure you have room for this skimmer... it's HUGE!
It's like a dodge viper huge engine but not efficient. By Waqas on 2/23/14Waqas wouldn't recommend this product to a friendFirst of I have a 220 gallon aquarium and total volume is around 300 gallons. The skimmer it replaced was a vertex in180.
The build on the skimmer is soso it's not rigid and the body and cup feel kind of cheap.
The main problem is that the skimmer is very large and there is not enough water and air flow in the pump. It's prob better on the smaller models but not this dcs300 model. It's actually taking out same out of gunk as the vertex was. I have been running the skimmer for month and half so it has had time to brake in.
In the end I went with the biggest possible skimmer that my sump could fit and it looks awesome due to it's size but I would not it again. Due to it's inefficiency.
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a Question About 'Reef Octopus Diablo DCS300 In-Sump Protein Skimmer'
Previously Asked Questions
No questions have been asked yet.
Reef Octopus has combined the performance and efficiency of the Diablo protein skimmer with the controllability of a DC pump. This allows you to control the air and water flow rates to your protein skimmer thus allowing you to fine tune your desired collection.
Well Stocked Tank - Rated up to 400 gallons
Medium Stocked Tank - Rated up to 500 gallons
Light Stocked Tank - Rated up to 600 gallons
- Bubble Diffusing Chamber and Hybrid Cone Body - stabilizes foam production for less turbulence in the neck area. Organic solids have more contact time to rise and collect
- Oversized 12" Collection Cup - flow directional guide, drain and unit venting
- Air Silencer - quiet operation and airline mount
- Control - precision control output valve
- Body Size: 12”
- Foot Print: 18.2” x 13.4”
- Neck Size: 6.7”
- Total Height: 25.4”
- Output Size: 50mm (1.5” PVC adapter included)
- Output Height: 6.89”
- Recommended sump water depth: 7.5” – 8.5”
Diablo DC 5500s Pinwheel Pump Features:
- Slow start up - pump will reach full preset speed in about 10 seconds
- Six controllable speeds indicated with LED lights
- Feed mode - press feed mode on controller and skimmer pump shuts off and restarts in 10 minutes
- Detachable controller with integrated memory
- Power Consumption: 53 Watts at full speed
- Air Draw: 2400 lph/84.5 SCFH* at full speed
- Water Draw: 582 GPH at full speed
- 2 year on pump
- 1 year on rotor
- 1 year on skimmer body
*Aquarium set up will determine air and water results.
Item #: DCS-300INT
Quick Compare - Reef Octopus Diablo DCS In Sump Protein Skimmer
|Height||Power Consumption||Powered by||
up to 125 gallons
13" x 8.27
|22.45"||25W||Diablo DCS 3500 Pinwheel Pump||
up to 200 gallons
13" x 9"
|23.45"||25W||Diablo DCS 3500 Pinwheel Pump||
up to 300 gallons
15" x 10.25
|23.25||45W||Diablo DCS 5500 Pinwheel Pump||
|DCS-250INT||up to 500 gallons||17.1" x 11.8"||10"||24.25"||53W||Diablo DCS 5500 Pinwheel Pump||582 GPH|
|DCS-300INT||up to 600 gallons||18.2" x 13.4"||12"||25.4||53W||Diablo DCS 5500 Pinwheel Pump||582 GPH|
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Aquarium Lighting
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427