Ask a question
The skimmer can work in the sump and externally! Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
Reef Octopus® Regal 8” Recirculating External Skimmer REGAL-200EXT
Well Stocked Tank - Rated up to 200 gallons
Medium Stocked Tank - Rated up to 300 gallons
Light Stocked Tank - Rated up to 400 gallons
- High quality cast acrylic
- Easily disassembled for cleaning
- Hybrid Cone Shape
- High volume air intake
- Body Drain
- Quiet operation
- Solid construction
- Easily removed collection cup
- Requires a separate feed pump 600-800 GPH)
- Body Diameter: 8"
- Neck Size: 5"
- Foot Print: 15.7” x 13.8”
- Total Height: 24.4”
- Output Size: 50mm - 1.5”
Reef Octopus Controllable DC3500s Pinwheel Pump Features:
- Air Draw: 800-1200 LPH / 28-42 SCFH
- Power Consumption: 25-40W
- Voltage: DC 24V
*Aquarium set up will determine air and water results.
- 2 year limited coverage on pump
- 1 year on skimmer body
- Neck Cleaner: CL-200
- Neck Extension: NK-200
There are no videos related to this product.
Not that great By Scott on 12/29/2014Scott wouldn't recommend this product to a friendThis is the same skimmer as the Diablo DCRS 200ext which I own but with a slightly different DC pump. As such there are a few comments which I feel the buyer should know about this skimmer.
1. This skimmer is simple to adjust via the variable speed pump and then to fine tune with the gate valve. However, it's much more difficult to dial in. You'll get it running perfectly and then come back the next day to a flooded floor and an empty sump. As such I always have to run it very conservatively which isn't very efficient. It may produce zero skimmate for two days (on a high bio-load tank) and then produce an overflowing top of very think skimmate.
2. I washed the skimmer and then wiped down the outside with rubbing alcohol to remove any water spotting. This is when I learned about alcohol and acrylic crazing as now the cone has several very large cracks in it. These cracks are the result of imperfections (cracks) in the acrylic which the alcohol then reacted with. So far none are leaking but it doesn't look good and they are definitely weak points.
3. I can only run the DC pump at level 3 of 6 or the skimmer instantly overflows.
4. Once the skimmer neck gets skimmate on it (after a day), you have to start adjusting the gate valve or you won't get any skimmmate so it requires constant adjustment.
5. My pump died after a short time. Thankfully they replaced it and it appears this one has a different pump. Hope it works better.
Would I buy it again? No, this pump is far too expensive for being so difficult to keep fine-tuned.
Great quality. By Diane on 12/4/2014Diane would recommend this product to a friendJust received this skimmer tonight. I must say I am impressed with the quality, hands down the best quality built skimmer I have ever owned. Can't wait to plumb this baby in my 200 gallon re-start build(had a stealth heater from marinand blow up in my tank and destroyed my reef and lost a lot of friends!) and get some cool goo.
*only 4 stars since I have not technically used it just yet.