Ask a question
- The Classic 200EXT skimmer requires a feed pump to feed water to the skimmer. The recommended maximum flow rating for this skimmer is 250GPH. These numbers are based on zero back pressure on the output plumbing. If you add 90°bends on the plumbing back to a sump you may need to back off the amount of water being fed through the skimmer. We recommend that you use a ball valve inline from your feed pump to the skimmer allowing you to control the water flow.
- Reef Octopus 8" Recirculating Skimmer CLSC-200EXT
- Dimensions: 16" x 11" x 28"
- Manufacturer rates skimmer for tanks up to 250 gallons.
- BRS Recommends this skimmer for tanks up to 200 gallons
- Powered by 1 OTP 3000 pump at 750 GPH
- High performance venturi air injection system
- Modified cone neck design designed for easy transition of micro bubbles into cup
- Requires a feed pump or plumbed from an overflow to inject water into skimmer
- Can be in sump or external
- Metric plumbing parts
- 1 year warranty on skimmer and pump
There are no videos related to this product.
Disappointing Purchase By cadmanof50s on 4/2/2015cadmanof50s wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI have owned (and do own) many Reef Octopus skimmers. With the exception of this unit I have always been well pleased. This one produces lack-lustre performance, poor bubble column, very little foam head. I contacted support and was told to wait for break-in period. After a month of breaking in ...no change. There are better skimmers for the same price. I have an older, lower cost Diablo (Reef Octopus) skimmer that puts this one to shame. This one model is a dud. Disappointing.
Good Investment By Metal Man on 10/28/2011Metal Man would recommend this product to a friendWell preforming skimmer. Within hours of setup I had a good foam head.
On a side note however, some of the acrylic used seems kind of cheap. Watch the clamp for the silencer, the screw only has about 2-3 turns of threading into the skimmer body. If your not careful the plastic on the body will chip right out and then you have to find another way to mount it.
Also, the small acrylic drain tube that extrudes from the bottom of the collection cup broke off immediately with only a small tug on the drain line.
You pretty much have to baby it if you dont want parts to break, but other wise its a great investment.