Ask a question
Red Sea Ammonia Test – Instructions
- 1. Using the syringe provided, place exactly 5 mL of the water to be tested into the glass vial.
- 2. Add a leveled measuring spoon of Ammonia Reagent A, close the vial with the cap and shake for 10 seconds.
- 3. Add 5 drops of Ammonia Reagent B, close the vial with the cap and shake for 10 seconds.
- 4. Add 5 drops of Ammonia Reagent C, close the vial with the cap and shake for 10 seconds.
- 5. Wait 15 minutes for the color in the vial to stabilize. 6. Remove the cap and move the vial between the designated positions on the color card, look into the vial from above and compare the color in the vial to the colors on the card. Choose the Ammonia level that gives the closest color match and if necessary estimate an intermediate value.
- 7. The color in the reaction vial will remain stable for 5 minutes. Do not relate to the color in the reaction vial after this time.
Note: This kit measures the total ammonia (NH3/NH4).
GREAT PRODUCT! By Chuck on 4/16/2017Chuck would recommend this product to a friendThe colors are easy to distinguish. Nice test
Easy to read color chart By Dave O' on 11/20/2016Dave O' would recommend this product to a friendI like Red Sea's Ammonia test secondary to the simplicity of differentiating the color on the result chart. It is much more obvious than the Salfert result color scale.
Great product!!! By Jeremy on 5/14/2016Jeremy would recommend this product to a friendGreat test kit, very nice quality and easy to use, colors are easy to distinguish as well.
Easy to read By James on 2/21/2016James would recommend this product to a friendThis is the best test kit i have used yet. The colors are easy to distinguish.
Love This Test Kit By Shery on 4/30/2015Shery would recommend this product to a friendI switched from Salifert to the Red Sea Ammonia. It takes longer for the test to develop, but the color matching is WAY better! The test seems far more accurate to me, and I love that the vial is glass rather than plastic.