Ask a question
We do not have a Hanna Checker for Nitrate unfortunately. The Nitrite will test a previous step in the nitrogen cycle process. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
mine says 13 is that safe
The number should be below 30 PPB. This will be measured in PPB and at 13ppb the levels will well in range below the 30 which is the maximum amount in the tank
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits
- Large, easy to read digits Auto shut-off
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Designed to work with HANNA's powder reagents
- Uses 10 mL glass cuvettes
- Small Size, Big Convenience
- Fits in the palm of your hand
- Range: 0 to 200 ppb
- Resolution: 1 ppb
- Accuracy: ±10 ppb ±4% of reading at 25°C
- Light Source: LED @ 525 nm
- Light Detector: Silicon photocell
- Environment: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing
- Battery Type: (1) 1.5V AAA
- Auto-off: After 2 minutes of non-use
- Dimensions: 81.5 x 61 x 37.5 mm (3.2 x 2.4 x 1.5")
- Weight: 64 g (2.25 oz.)
- Method: Adaptation of EPA Diazotization method 354.1
There are no videos related to this product.
Easy to use By Luis on 7/9/2016Luis would recommend this product to a friendEasy to use which help to be consistent in taking parameters test
Powder very difficult to add By Jordi on 10/28/2015Jordi would recommend this product to a friendI like the accuracy and the convenience of this device. I just find it very difficult and annoying to add the powder into the glass container.. I hope they develop a liquid reagent.
Also, don't forget the phosphorus is different than phosphate, you need to convert your result into phosphate. But the resolution is better than the phosphate version of this device and more reliable.
Issues By DH on 4/15/2015DH wouldn't recommend this product to a friendTwo meters, neither one had a timer that would work.
Unnecessary By BobG on 3/22/2015BobG wouldn't recommend this product to a friendBought this thinking it was a Nitrate test (My Bad). My Nitrites are virtually zero as you would expect in a 7-year old tank. I was looking for something to test Nitrate to gauge my water change frequency since the color change tests seem too difficult to discern the shade.
Good but has issues By Jb on 2/23/2015Jb would recommend this product to a friendThe other Hanna checker I bought works great, but this one is somewhat defective. If you touch it wrong or try to close the lid, it shuts off and goes blank. It took me 30 minutes of messing with it to get to initially turn on. I just can't close the lid or touch it while waiting for the reading.