- Home /
- Kessil A350 / A350W LED Aquarium Light
Starting at: $399.00
Starting at: $224.99
Awesome By AJChurch on 12/18/13AJChurch would recommend this product to a friendI have been using this light for about a month now. I love the color blending aspect of the Kessil's. I also have a A150W sky blue and love it too. the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is why does the controlled version cost a whole extra 100 dollars. that is just unneeded. other than that love the light.
Awesome Light! By Greg on 12/4/13Greg would recommend this product to a friendI have had 2 A 350w's on my tank for a year now and I LOVE them! As time goes by and the more tanks I see (in person), the more I like them too. I have many SPS pieces in my tank and all are doing just fine including a green bali slimer, ORA Purple Stylophora, ORA Ponape Birdnest, Green birdsnest, and much more. Great light with perfect color!
Again, the more tanks I see in person, the happier I am about this light because of the way my corals look in comparison to others.
Many Pros, Many Cons By jwestwood on 11/7/13jwestwood wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI researched long and hard before purchasing 3 of the 350W's for my 155 gallon 6' reef. Compared to the price of Radions and other high end LED's, these seemed like a better deal. In hindsight, I would have chosen different lights for my set-up but this is not to say they are bad.
1) The best feature is the shimmer effect. No other LED comes close to the Kessil shimmer, even better then HQI's. One caveat that I learned is that if you use a glass or acrylic lid, the drops of water gather on the bottom and greatly reduces the effect. I cut holes in my acrylic lid (6" x 8") under the kessils and the shimmer is back.
2) Great coverage. No other LED provides this uniformity in light due to the ultra-wide lense. No dark shadows, except under corals/rocks.
3) Great color. The blues and whites produce a great color that I would say is close to 15K. It would be nice to have the extra power to add a boost of blue.
1) The biggest drawback is the intensity. Yes they are bright, but I learned that 3 350w's would NOT be enough light to support most SPS corals. LPS & softies are fine, but I would need at least one more 350w to achieve this. Frankly, I would rather have bought 3 Radions for the $1600. They are NOT equal to a 400 watt halide. To me, they are just under a 250 watt. I have no choice but to run them at 100% power which may shorten their live span. I contacted Kessil prior to ordering and they claimed that 3 350's over 6' of water would be sufficient. They were correct in terms of the visual coverage but as stated, the intensity is quite lacking. I am supplementing with 2 Par38 bulbs.
2) No mounting hardware included. I mounted mine to the ceiling (I have a fish room) and it wasn't a big deal but Kessil could have included a mounting kit costing them only pennies. The outdoor hanging plant chains from Wal-mart work well.
3) No mounting possibilities on power supplies: I wanted to mount these on the wall but no holes, hooks, are included. I had to mount/build a panel on the wall, drill holes in it, install zip-ties, and then zip-tie the cords to the wall- what a pain.
These lights will work well for certain tanks but if you want to keep SPS, you will need either the 350's or multiple 350w's placed closely togethor.Don't plan on keeping SPS in a 24" long tank with one of these. Yes they cover the area, but the PAR is quite low. These are nice lights but aside from the shimmer effect, don't provide anything magical to your tank unless purchasing several.
one word AWESOME By Cory on 10/18/13Cory would recommend this product to a friendI absolutely love these lights. I have two of them on a 90G reef with the gooseneck mounts. I own another LED light that is popular and very controllable, I use it as an accent light now (moonlight). After comparing the two I think the quality of the light produced by the Kessil is visibly better than the other. The Kessil's are powerful and clear, I was shocked at how much light they put out for their size. The shimmer effect that you hear about with Kessil's is not just marketing mumbo jumbo, the shimmer is amazing. The fact that my wife noticed the shimmer was huge. The 350 is not controllable, but I have my on a Reefkeeper to go on and off at set times. My other LED is controllable and to be honest it was cool to play with, but in the end on and off works just fine for my fish and corals and I personally tend to set the color spectrum and leave it. My fiddling with the controllable LED led to good and bad days for my corals.
Fantastic Light By Stazitto on 9/20/13Stazitto would recommend this product to a friendI have had the Kessil A350W since January of 2013 and could not be happier with the LED. I have one of these hanging over my 57 rimless and can't wait to purchase another. I have successfully grown a large assortment of LPS and SPS corals under this light and have a red bubble tip anemone who is doing great as well. As for looks these lights are very sleek and looks great hanging from the ceiling where I mounted it. The only reason I gave this light a 4 out of 5 was controllability, and although it would be a nice feature, it is not a must. You and your live stock will be very happy with your purchase.
Ask a Question About 'Kessil A350 / A350W LED Aquarium Light '
Previously Asked Questions
by Bob on April 5, 2014, @9:44 PM
What is the difference between a Kessil A350W and A360W?
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Bob,
The main difference is that the A360 can be controlled via an external aquarium controller and the A350 cannot. There is also some minor difference like the control knobs on the light. On the A350 you control the white channel and the blue channel. On the A360 one knob controls the overall intensity and the other knob controls the color.
by Matt on April 7, 2014, @8:42 AM
Why the sudden price drop? Are these being discontinued? While supplies last... Does this mean you will no longer be offering this product? I had been considering 3 of these lights but nice I am scared to pull the trigger...
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Matt,
Kessil has discontinued these lights (the A360 basically is the same LED with more updated controls). If you don't need to be able to control them, its a great price on a great LED.
by New guy Rob. on April 7, 2014, @9:41 AM
Iam using an aqua lift pump on my ATO unit. I have a 20 gallon water barrel and under the barrel stand is my sump. the aqua lift pump is on a hanger that hangs on the side of the barrel. Problem is when the pump comes on it calls for water out of the barrel, through the pump, and past a check valve..and down to my sump. when the pump turns OFF the vacuum siphon still pulls the water from the barrel down in my sump (and i flood out)....is there a anti-siphon valve available to brake the vacuum? or is my pump not working correctly?:
Bulk Reef Supply Hey Rob,
In this case a check valve isn't going to do you any good because the flow of water is still in the same direction of flow. The problem is just gravity and the fact that the water level in your top off container is higher then the water level in the area you are pumping too. The simple solution is just to move your ATO tube to dose to the tank rather then the sump (or really anywhere where the output of the tube is higher then the water level in the container your adding from. Another option would be to use a peristaltic pump like the 50ml dosing pump but rather then pay $100 for a quality non-siphoning peristaltic pump your really better off just moving the output of the tube.
Dense Matrix LED
Kessil has spent millions of dollars and five years researching a different approach to LED. Instead of individually wrapped LED chips, Kessil tightly packs them together. This results in blends of different light wavelengths before they leave the light, providing uniform color throughout your tank. The single light source eliminates the spotlight effect, effectively spreading the light over a wide area.
What's in the Box
- Kessil A350 LED Light with cord or Kessil A350W LED Light with Cord
- Extension Cable
- AC Adapter
- Power Cord
- Two Metal Hooks - to attach light to wood, acoustical tile or other ceiling
- Two Light Mounting sets
- Dimensions: 3.8" Length x 4" Diameter
- Coverage Area: 18" surface diameter by 4' to 5' penetration (on average)
- Power Usage: 90W
- Power Supply: 100-240 VAC (Input), 48 VDC, 1.87A (Output)
- Dimensions: 2.96" Length x 4" Diameter
- 24" surface diameter by 3' penetration (on average)
- Power Usage: 90W
- Power Supply: 100-240 VAC (Input), 48 VDC, 1.87A (Output)
Deal of the Day!
Dual Inline TDS Meter DM-1 - HM DigitalEnds in
Regular Price: $29.99
Special Price: $26.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Aquarium Lighting
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map