- Home /
- Hamilton Aruba Sun Low Profile Series T5 HO Fluorescent RetroFit with LEDs
Quality issues By Pongo-air on 6/20/13Pongo-air wouldn't recommend this product to a friendPurchased a Hamilton Aruba Sun unit, 48 in w/LED strip. This was to replace a 4 year old Hamilton product with a failed ballast.
What has improved – Hamilton has added a pair of mounting ears to the light fixture body. Mounting ears face inward which keeps the fixture length inside the 48 inch dimension. Mounting ears have slotted mount point. Improvements to the reflector mounting. Clips are positioned away from the bulb caps.
What did not work out well. – unit was received new in the box, missing the LED transformer. Had to go directly to Hamilton. Reef Supply did not do a follow-up after the issue was reported. LED strip came of the housing after the unit was up and running. Double sided tape used to bond the LED strip to the housing let go, heat issue which in turn resulted in the LED strip taking a salt water bath. Power switch – Ah…..the light fixture does not have one.
Summary, some good improvements however, there seems to be an overall quality concern with the product, missing the transformer as part of the shipment from manufacturer, and the means by which they secured the LED strip to the case. Would I purchase a second unit??? I am thinking that I may need to look at other manufacturers once this unit fails.
great By the man on 5/27/13the man would recommend this product to a friendworks great in tight spaces..refugium
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a Question About 'Hamilton Aruba Sun Low Profile Series T5 HO Fluorescent RetroFit with LEDs '
Previously Asked Questions
No questions have been asked yet.
Available in 3 Sizes:
- 2 x 24w - L23" x W7 "x H3.5"
- 2 x 39w - L35" x W7" x H3.5"
- 2 x 54w - L47" x W7" x H3.5"
T5 High Output Fluorescent RetroFit Kit from Hamilton Technology gives you the flexibility to light your reef tank for your specific needs.
- Low profile design
- German-made durable mirror finish reflectors - corrosion resistant
- Anodized aluminum reflectors rotate 180° and wrap-around T5 tubes enhancing light output - light is directed toward your aquarium
- Efficient T5 electronic ballast is high performing and cool operating
- T5 reflectors wrap around each individual bulb increasing light output approximately 300% versus bulb alone
- Blue LED lights on a separate power cord independent from the T5 bulbs provide nocturnal viewing
- Waterproof sockets for T5 bulbs
- 11 Ft grounded power cord allows for automation of lighting cycles when using timers
- Fully assembled for easy installation into an existing canopy
Deal of the Day!
BRS Bulk Magnesium Chloride Aquarium SupplementEnds in00:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Aquarium Lighting
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427