- Home /
- Freeze-Dried Bio-Pure Krill - Hikari
No related items recommended for this product.
Everything Loves It By Andrew on 3/20/2014Andrew would recommend this product to a friendI feed this by hand to my fish, mini maxi sea anemone, orange Cycloseris & a treat for my Nassarius snails. For the snails I bury a couple of pieces in the sand. For the sea anemone & Cycloseris I gently place it on their tentacles until they move it to their mouths. I do this at night but still have to guard the food from my fish that seem to instantly wake up & want to steal the food.
The pieces in my container are mixed sizes which works well for different critters. I would buy again & prefer this over the frozen stuff as it's quick to rehydrate & doesn't cloud the water.
As the previous reviewer stated, it does float but my fish have no problem grabbing it off the surface of the water. My yellow tang loves it...but tangs love all food.
Does not sink, too big, fish were not interested By jb on 3/6/2014jb wouldn't recommend this product to a friendIt's possible that I am doing something wrong, but I just did not have any luck getting my fish to eat this.
First problem is that it floats on the surface and would not sink. I tried soaking it for various amount of time from a few seconds to several hours without any luck. Hydrated krill just floats and does not sink, making it hard for most of my fish to notice it.
Second issue is that pieces are rather large and even when hydrated, do not become soft. Few of my fish that did see it tried to nibble on it, but lost interest very quick. Next time I chopped it up into smaller pieces before soaking, but had same poor results.
Makes me wonder if I am missing something painfully obvious, cause I just can't imagine this product being this bad.
Finding the right food to feed your fish can make ...
Hikari Feeding & Storage Suggestions
- Feed no more than your tank inhabitants will consume within 3-5 minutes - up to 3 times a day.
- Hikari Bio-Pure FD products never contain artificial colors or preservatives. Use before the best before date.
- After opening, keep the container our of direct sunlight, high heat or humidity as this can cause the contents to degrade rapidly.
- For maximum success the contents should be used within 90 days of purchase and be kept tightly closed when not in use.
PLEASE NOTE: Handling a freeze-dried food that is derived from a live animal can cause the same allergic reaction possible by handling the live animal itself. To avoid potential problems, always wash your hands immediately after use and avoid contact with your nose and mouth prior to washing.
Deal of the Day!
Sicce Minú LED LightEnds in
Regular Price: $359.99
Special Price: $269.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Aquarium Lighting
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Monitors, Testing & Controllers
- Pumps & Plumbing
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427