- Home /
- Emperor Aquatics Smart High Output UV 50 Watt
Excellent product By Bgp230 on 1/8/2013Bgp230 would recommend this product to a friendI have this on my 300 gallon reef system and it works great. I had a allege bloom and installed the UV , and overnight it was gone
Previously Asked Questions
by David on November 25, 2013, @4:49 AM
What's the difference among UV lite, UV, and High Output UV models in practical terms? For example, in my case, for a 135 gallon reef system in my home? Which of the 40 Watt UV lite, the 40 Watt UV (not lite), and this 50 Watt high output and why?
Bulk Reef Supply Hi David,
The difference between the lite and the standard is the diameter of the reaction chamber. The lite models are thinner, take a bit less space but because of the decreased diameter, have decreased contact time and are thus not as effective at treating as large of tanks. The high output models just happen to use a bulb that has a higher output wattage and is just basically a designation of the bulb/ballast type. For a 135g tank any of the above would suffice, though my preference is for the 40w standard model as you get a significant performance bump for just a few dollars.
UV sterilizers are most effective as a preventative measure against disease outbreak. While not infallible a properly sized and set up sterilizer will add a significant barrier to disease outbreak. Protecting your system and it's inhabitants will ultimately save money, promote long lived healthy fish and increase satisfaction received from the hobby. Sterilizers can also be used as a component of an effective strategy to current outbreak. Primarily to help ensure the outbreak doesn't re-emerge after treatment. Anyone who has had the misfortune to encounter an outbreak will appreciate the importance of preventive measures against future problems.
Bulk Reef Supply carries only the Emperor Aquatics line of UV Equipment because we feel they are the best UV sterilizers available to the aquarium industry and one of the few brands that offers legitimately sized units capable of fulfilling their claims.
Emperor Aquatics UV Sterilizers are superior to the competition in the following ways:
- Sterilizers are accurately sized based on contact time, flow rate and tank volume to achieve realistic results.
- Suggested sizes are based on end of bulb life to ensure continuous results
- Suggested flow rates factor in the water clarity and UV Transmittance of typical aquariums rather than basing them on purified water.
- Unique design maximizes the effective contact time by utilizing the full bulb length.
- Emperor aquatics is trusted by zoos, universities and public aquariums including Duke University, Monterey Bay Aquarium, SeaWorld, Georgia Aquarium, USDA Agricultural Research
50 Watt SMART High Output UV Sterilizer Specs
|Model No.||Maximum Aquarium Size||No. Lamps/Watts||Water Flow Rate Algae and Bacteria 30,000 µWs/cm² Suggested/Maximum||Water Flow Rate
180,000 µWs/cm² Suggested/Maximum
|Input Watts||UV-C Output Watts||Dimensions (Inches)||Inlet/Outlet|
|025050||330 Gallons||1/50||1560 GPH/1980 GPH||260 GPH/330 GPH||50||16||28" x 5¾"||2" Union|
*Suggested flow rates are based on 80% power or "end of lamp's life" performance
*Maximum flow rates are based on 100% power or new lamp output
*Flow rates consider 90% UV transmissibility
Deal of the Day!
10 Piece Frag Tool CaseEnds in
Regular Price: $10.99
Special Price: $1.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427