- Home /
- Elos Phosphate Aqua Test Kit
Starting at: $59.99
Starting at: $44.99
$19.99 As low as: $18.99
Very poor By RS on 1/13/2014RS wouldn't recommend this product to a friendThe glass vile broke while pushing the cap on, it is very thin glass and poor quality. This was only the 5th time I used it and lucky I didn't get cut.
Tricky to read By MICHAEL on 11/29/2013MICHAEL would recommend this product to a friendThis test is very simple to use. My only complaint is in the lower ranges it's very hard to read. Very light shades of color.
Very simple to use By Frank on 4/14/2011Frank would recommend this product to a friendThe Elos PO4 is the simplest test kit ever. Just add two drops of both solutions and your off. Only negative is shaking the vial for 5 minutes as the direction suggest. Other than that, this test kit rocks.
Like this Item By Chris on 3/21/2011Chris would recommend this product to a friendVery quick....priced right. Gives clear reading in about 3 minutes. Easy to use...
Best colorimetric PO4 kit out there. By 10001110101 on 3/18/201110001110101 would recommend this product to a friendBig fan of Elos kits, so far big fan of Elos everything. Possibly one of the easiest kits to use, and the color cards are very accurate... Never used a hanna checker but honestly don't see the point, this tells me if I have any phosphate above 0.01, so good enough to maintain ULNS.
Good Product By Batman on 8/5/2010Batman would recommend this product to a friendYou both dont know what your talking about. Keep the reviews about the product.
Works great and easy to use.
Good By glenn on 4/10/2010glenn would recommend this product to a friendYour PO4 is reading zero BECAUSE the hair algae is feeding off it.
Not worth it By podcar on 3/4/2010podcar wouldn't recommend this product to a friendThis test kit shows me having 0 phosphates, yet my aquarium is full of Hair Algae, so obviously phospahtes are there.
There are no videos related to this product.
Phosphate (PO4) build up in the tank appears to be a fairly common problem in freshwater and saltwater aquariums. They are present in most tap water supplies. They are also introduced to aquarium water through fish waste, uneaten fish food, and decaying plant and invertebrate material. Hobbyists end up with rising levels of PO4, leading to the appearance of algae that start to cover the tank panes, the driftwoods, the substrate and just about anything else in the tank. The maximum value of phosphate in aquarium is: - for seawater aquarium 0,01 mg/lt - for fresh water aquarium is 0,5 mg/lt. In deeply planted aquarium the maximum level can achieve up to 1 mg/lt The periodical analytical valuation of phosphate in the aquarium water should be considered by the serious aquarium enthusiast.
Keeping proper water quality in our aquarium is a fundamental step toward a healthy tank. To properly monitor your water quality you need an accurate and reliable set of test kits.
All Elos test kits include:
- Calibrated lab droppers: the accuracy of a titrimetric test kit is, in fact, strictly related to the precision of the drop size.
- RealColor technology: the precision of a colorimetric test kit is strictly related to the precision of the color chart. In these test we use an accurate system to calibrate the color chart compared to the reagents.
- The validation of each batch of reagents through the use of NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) certified samples.
- The strict control of the supply and storage chain: test kit reagents are very delicate, their accuracy is significantly influenced by storage. For this reason we keep our stock strictly under control and we suggest, to all our retailers, to do the same.
- The use of Lab Quality reagents: to grant a constant, precise result like only professional products may permit. Not only are the reagents included in all Elos test kits precise but we use non-toxic reagents whenever possible.
- High precision: thanks to the use of calibrated dropper
- NIST validation: each batch is validated using NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) samples
- "Safe reagents": reagents and testing procedures are based on Low Risk Reagents. None of our test kit are based on Toxic Reagents
Deal of the Day!
BRS DIY Kalk Dripper KitEnds in$21.9900:00:00:00
- Rock & Sand
- Auto Top Off
- Cal, Alk & Trace
- Controllers & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
Pumps & Plumbing
- Submersible Pumps
- External Pumps
- Dosing Pumps
- Air Pumps & Accessories
- Salt & Maintenance
- Skimmers, Reactors & Filtration
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427