- Home /
- Elos pH Marine Aqua Test Kit
Avoid a trip to ER By George on 3/11/2014George wouldn't recommend this product to a friendAvoid a trip to ER i bought the elos ph calcium and nitrate test kits went to do ph test following instructions went to place cap on tube and it was tight i tried to push a little bit but then glass broke in my hand. the two other test kits are the same cap is to big for tube also tube feels really thin. i was so excited to use the test kits now a have a useless kits and a trip to the ER to Get the glass out of my hand
Very good color contrast By Chris on 2/13/2014Chris would recommend this product to a friendI've used the salifert ph kit for over a decade. The problem with it for me is the color contrasts aren't enough. Due to being color blind I have a difficult time telling the difference of values. The Elos kit provides a better contrast for me.
Best PH test Kit By Leo on 9/19/2013Leo would recommend this product to a friendThis Test kit is easier to read then most brands out there highly recommend using Elos.
Awsome test kit! By Toby on 2/15/2013Toby would recommend this product to a friendThese are very accurate and the color chart is easy to differentiate.
my favorite test kit By John on 1/27/2013John would recommend this product to a friendi could not read the colors to charts on red sea ph this elos is great even with older eyes color/charts is very easy very highly recommend this
Very Accurate By Brant on 6/17/2011Brant would recommend this product to a friendI have used API in the past but these tests are so much easier to read.
Great test kits! By Christopher Kosak on 10/7/2010Christopher Kosak would recommend this product to a friendI only use ELOS kits after switching from the API kits. I believe ELOS has the best test kits and they are top notch quality. The PH kit is very easy to use and im sure you will not have a hard time conducting this test kit.
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a Question About 'Elos pH Marine Aqua Test Kit'
Previously Asked Questions
No questions have been asked yet.
The pH value or acid value indicates how acidic or alkaline water is. It is a measure of the concentration of the acidic or alkaline components in a hydrous solution. Pure water will react neutral and has a pH-value of 7.00 . If the acidic components are predominant, the pH value will drop below 7.00. If the basic components are predominant, the pH-value will rise about 7.00. The SaltWater aquarium pH-value is considered between 8.1 and 8.4 pH which is the value found in natural seawater. Many organisms will react with high sensitivity to very small variations of the pH-value. An overly drop or rise should be avoided absolutely. Most of the organisms reacts sensitively (or die) on a pH-level, which is constantly far away from the requested value as well as on gravid modifications. Therefore, a regular check on the pH-level is elementary necessary to note and to avoid any negative development.
Keeping proper water quality in our aquarium is a fundamental step toward a healthy tank. To properly monitor your water quality you need an accurate and reliable set of test kits.
All Elos test kits include:
- Calibrated lab droppers: the accuracy of a titrimetric test kit is, in fact, strictly related to the precision of the drop size.
- RealColor technology: the precision of a colorimetric test kit is strictly related to the precision of the color chart. In these test we use an accurate system to calibrate the color chart compared to the reagents.
- The validation of each batch of reagents through the use of NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) certified samples.
- The strict control of the supply and storage chain: test kit reagents are very delicate, their accuracy is significantly influenced by storage. For this reason we keep our stock strictly under control and we suggest, to all our retailers, to do the same.
- The use of Lab Quality reagents: to grant a constant, precise result like only professional products may permit. Not only are the reagents included in all Elos test kits precise but we use non-toxic reagents whenever possible.
- High precision: thanks to the use of calibrated dropper
- NIST validation: each batch is validated using NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) samples
- High number of test per kit: up to 40 test (with a standard level of 10 dKH)
- "Safe reagents": reagents and testing procedures are based on Low Risk Reagents. None of our test kit are based on Toxic Reagents
Deal of the Day!
Hamilton Metal Halide 175W Electronic Ballast - AssembledEnds in
Regular Price: $149.99
Special Price: $112.4900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- hw Wiegandt
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Aquarium Lighting
- Monitors, Testing & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427