- Home /
- Elos Nitrite Aqua Test Kit
There are no videos related to this product.
The activity of the bio-filter in the aquarium system can be divided in mineralization and nitrification. The product of the mineralization process are ammonia and organic acids. The next step of decomposition is the oxidation (nitrification) of ammonia and ammonium to Nitrite (NO2). Nitrite has a toxic effect on fish because it oxidizes hemoglobin to methemoglobin. While hemoglobin is responsible for the transport of oxygen, methemoglobin lacks this ability ! Nitrite concentrations higher than 0,05mg/Lt (ppm) of NO2 are not acceptable keeping aquarium fishes. For these reasons, the periodical analytical valuation of nitrite in the aquarium water should be considered, especially during the aquarium set-up and, periodically, to avoid the activity loss of the bio-filter system.
Keeping proper water quality in our aquarium is a fundamental step toward a healthy tank. To properly monitor your water quality you need an accurate and reliable set of test kits.
All Elos test kits include:
- Calibrated lab droppers: the accuracy of a titrimetric test kit is, in fact, strictly related to the precision of the drop size.
- RealColor technology: the precision of a colorimetric test kit is strictly related to the precision of the color chart. In these test we use an accurate system to calibrate the color chart compared to the reagents.
- The validation of each batch of reagents through the use of NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) certified samples.
- The strict control of the supply and storage chain: test kit reagents are very delicate, their accuracy is significantly influenced by storage. For this reason we keep our stock strictly under control and we suggest, to all our retailers, to do the same.
- The use of Lab Quality reagents: to grant a constant, precise result like only professional products may permit. Not only are the reagents included in all Elos test kits precise but we use non-toxic reagents whenever possible.
- High precision: thanks to the use of calibrated dropper
- NIST validation: each batch is validated using NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) samples
- High number of test per kit: up to 40 test (with a standard level of 10 dKH)
- "Safe reagents": reagents and testing procedures are based on Low Risk Reagents. None of our test kit are based on Toxic Reagents
Deal of the Day!
Aquabreed 200 Calcium & Alkalinity DripperEnds in$16.9900:00:00:00
- Rock & Sand
- Auto Top Off
- Cal, Alk & Trace
- Controllers & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
Pumps & Plumbing
- Submersible Pumps
- External Pumps
- Dosing Pumps
- Air Pumps & Accessories
- Salt & Maintenance
- Skimmers, Reactors & Filtration
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427