- Home /
- Elos Magnesium Aqua Test Kit
Requires a 6th grade reading level By Johnathon on 11/12/13Johnathon would recommend this product to a friendThis test does require a higher level of attention when reading the instructions but they do make sense. If you take your time, read it carefully and do the test right you will get a much better reading with much easier to notice titrations than the competitors test kits.
Basically if you can get past the somewhat complex instructions you will find your Mg readings to be more accurate!
Elos Magnesium Aqua Test Kit By GERRY on 9/19/13GERRY wouldn't recommend this product to a friendPoorly written instructions were confusing me. wouldn't recommend this product to a friend
BSR Please make a video on how to use.
wouldn't recommend By GMALTA on 9/9/13GMALTA wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI had to scrap three tests, was getting frustrated. Then realized the poorly written instructions were confusing me. wouldn't recommend this product to a friend
hard By Adam on 6/22/12Adam wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI didn't think it is very user friendly but what do you expect for a test
Excellent By Jim on 6/24/11Jim would recommend this product to a friendGreat test kit. Directions are very clear and easy to read. The color changes during testing are easy to see.
Excellent test kit By Michael on 5/25/11Michael would recommend this product to a friendThe written instructions are a little confusing but some online searching gave me answers that cleared up questions.
I gave it 4 out 5 on recommendation because of the way the instructions read and a new comer to the hobby who is already intimidated by the chemistry side is going to get frustrated if they try this kit as their first experience testing mg.
But it's a great kit and very accurate.
good test By roger on 4/22/11roger would recommend this product to a friendthe mg test is a lil time consuming but thats what its going to be. i personaly liked the instruction. very simple no reading and getting confused or multiple testing opions like in my salifert kh and ca testers. hard to screw up with pics and a couple of numbers. I have used this tested quiet a few times now and can get my mg number in no time
Easy to Use By Chris on 3/21/11Chris would recommend this product to a friendWorks very well.....the process is pretty intensive as one step has you adding 30 plus drops each tiem you measure Mg. Showed a lower qwuality test kit was off by 25%.....worth the effort to get accurate readings
Great Design By Christopher on 2/6/11Christopher would recommend this product to a friendFirst of all, Read the instructions multiple times. The directions are a translation from italian, so they are a bit fuzzy, but if you go through the test dry before you do it for real, this test is easy. The dramatic color change is great, no more blue-ish to purple-ish for an accurate test. You can easily read this test, which makes it my favorite.
Manual obviously written by someone with english as second language. By Paul on 11/30/10Paul would recommend this product to a friendCould have been done far more simplified. Not a bad test kit. But I did waste several attempts before realizing I was reading the steps wrong.
For the price, I would have liked to see a larger reagent bottle, but for the accuracy it was worth the purchase.
Read instructions carefully By King Neptune on 11/9/10King Neptune would recommend this product to a friendI had to scrap three tests, was getting frustrated. Then realized the poorly written instructions were confusing me.
There is one step where you are supposed to start over from scratch...but its written in a way where it looks like your supposed to continue with the same water but in a similar fashion to the first part.
They really need to have someone who officially speaks English do their manuals. Its written by someone who has it as a second language and its obvious.
At roughly a dollar per test, but it was a learning experience, so $3 isn't the end of the world.I honestly prefer the Seachem test over this one. But now that I got it, its a 4.3 star test kit IMO. Ill keep using it.
as accurate as these kinds of test kits get By Reef Krazy on 8/30/10Reef Krazy would recommend this product to a friendThese are good test kits, a little process intensive but as good as these kinds of tests get.
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a Question About 'Elos Magnesium Aqua Test Kit'
Previously Asked Questions
by Mark on November 10, 2013, @12:03 AM
I am color blind. Does this test kit require coomparison of a vile and a chart?
Bulk Reef Supply Hey Mark,
It doesn't require comparison to a chart but you do have to be able to see when the vial changes from one color to another color. This will be the case with pretty much every magnesium kit I have seen.
Keeping proper water quality in our aquarium is a fundamental step toward a healthy tank. To properly monitor your water quality you need an accurate and reliable set of test kits.
All Elos test kits include:
- Calibrated lab droppers: the accuracy of a titrimetric test kit is, in fact, strictly related to the precision of the drop size.
- RealColor technology: the precision of a colorimetric test kit is strictly related to the precision of the color chart. In these test we use an accurate system to calibrate the color chart compared to the reagents.
- The validation of each batch of reagents through the use of NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) certified samples.
- The strict control of the supply and storage chain: test kit reagents are very delicate, their accuracy is significantly influenced by storage. For this reason we keep our stock strictly under control and we suggest, to all our retailers, to do the same.
- The use of Lab Quality reagents: to grant a constant, precise result like only professional products may permit. Not only are the reagents included in all Elos test kits precise but we use non-toxic reagents whenever possible.
- High precision: thanks to the use of calibrated dropper
- NIST validation: each batch is validated using NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) samples
- "Safe reagents": reagents and testing procedures are based on Low Risk Reagents. None of our test kit are based on Toxic Reagents
Deal of the Day!
BRS 4 Stage RO/DI Replacement Filter KitEnds in
Regular Price: $22.99
Special Price: $18.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Hours: 9am - 5pm CST M – F
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427