- Home /
- Elos KH (Alkalinity) Aqua Test Kit
Starting at: $11.69
Good test kit By Jesse on 2/28/2014Jesse would recommend this product to a friendFast and easy to use. Color change can be difficult to notice at first, but after a couple of tests over white paper it was easier to see.
Good Stuff By emixa on 1/13/2014emixa would recommend this product to a friendthis test kit keeps my numbers where i want them which is also demonstrated through the up-keep of my corals.
Easy to use, fast results, and relatively accurate By ReedersReefer on 5/22/2013ReedersReefer would recommend this product to a friendI recently ran out of my first Elos test kit reagent, and have come back to purchase more. This kit is by far the easiest to use, the fastest KH test available, and is relatively accurate (it only measures in increments of .5). For the ease of use and the low cost (it is cheaper than any other KH test kit on the market), I would recommend this to anyone that likes fast and easy testing. For those with more time for tank maintenance or need more accurate results, I would suggest the Salifert kit instead for a couple dollars more.
easy By Brass on 3/12/2013Brass would recommend this product to a friendthis alk kit is one of the easiest to use. i got rid of my hanna checker cause this is faster, easier and more accurate.
Color change By Deb on 2/21/2013Deb would recommend this product to a friendElos has a video about reading the color change. It's not obvious from the kit instructions and I had to hunt down the video just to know how to read the test. Knocked a star for that. Like the other poster says, you count the drops until the yellow turns to the orangish yellow coming out of the bottle. The yellow-green isn't the final reading. Colors are pale, but do the test over a white piece of paper and you're good.
Great Alk Test Kit By Dan on 2/2/2013Dan would recommend this product to a friendMost of the reviews on here that state that this particular test kit is 'hard to read' I think my have issues differentiating colors or may not have been using proper lighting to watch the colors change against. I don't mean that in a bad way, at all. It is simply that I've found the colors very easy to discern. It's true maybe the first time you're testing you might be unsure, but the last color before a full yellow becomes a yellowish green, but when you add that last drop and it becomes a full bright yellow, very easy to see both the change in color and the difference between the slightly yellow-green to full blown yellow. Pinpoint accurate, every time I've used it. And very, very easy to use.
Good test kit By adam on 10/12/2011adam wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI always use Elos for KH testing and have always had good results. My one complaint is that the color shift from blue to yellow is not very obvious. It took some practice learning how to read the colors to make sure my readings were accurate. Overall a great test kit.
Ecellent test !!! By Ricardo on 5/26/2011Ricardo would recommend this product to a friendVery reliable easy to follow instruction and the results are valid. Very effective to discern colors on the Elos Alk Test.
Poor choice By Frank on 4/14/2011Frank wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI purchase the Ca, KH, Mg and PO4 Elos kits all at the same time. All the other kits worked great. When it came to the KH testing, the colors would not change. I put in about 30 drops of reagent and the color just kept getting darker. I repeated the test two more times with the same results. I was unable to obtain a reading. My tank was still cycling so I went to the lfs and purchased a Salifert test kit. I paid more than BRS price but I wanted it right then to see if I was doing something wrong. The Salifert kit worked the first time. My KH was 8.3 dKH and 148ppm. It only took me one time with the Salifert kit. I would not recommend purchasing this kit. Go with a Salifert or the LaMotte. BRS is still great. I think that I might have gotten a bad kit.
Fun guessing game! By Erik on 3/22/2011Erik wouldn't recommend this product to a friendElos has not impressed me much with their test kits. It may be because I test Alk. the most and this appears to be their worst kit. When I secured the plastic cap on my glass vial, the glass shattered at the top. Whatever, I have other vials... But still a bummer. Next, adding the drops to the vial and guessing when the color is changing is nearly impossible. It happens over the course of a few drops of range (was it 10 or 14 drops that changed the color) and even then, the color is so faint you constantly second guess yourself. It's TERRIBLE!
I'm sure if you have super-human sight, it's a great kit because it reads in .5 dkh readings.
Love this DKH test kit! By Erika on 2/10/2011Erika would recommend this product to a friendI switched to the Elos DKH test kit when my API test kit was reading inaccurately and I absolutely love this one! It is totally reliable and it reads in 1/2 DKH increments which helps to pinpoint the actual DKH of my SPS system.
I like ELOS test kits but will try another one next By Shawn on 12/8/2010Shawn wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI love all my other Elos test kits except this one, the colors are very translucent and half the time seem to change over the range of 4 drops. It is just difficult to get a solid reading. Is it 7 or 9. The nice thing is it has a 0.5*dkh resolution. I'll probably try the salifert
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a Question About 'Elos KH (Alkalinity) Aqua Test Kit'
Previously Asked Questions
No questions have been asked yet.
Keeping proper water quality in our aquarium is a fundamental step toward a healthy tank. To properly monitor your water quality you need an accurate and reliable set of test kits.
All Elos test kits include:
- Calibrated lab droppers: the accuracy of a titrimetric test kit is, in fact, strictly related to the precision of the drop size.
- RealColor technology: the precision of a colorimetric test kit is strictly related to the precision of the color chart. In these test we use an accurate system to calibrate the color chart compared to the reagents.
- The validation of each batch of reagents through the use of NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) certified samples.
- The strict control of the supply and storage chain: test kit reagents are very delicate, their accuracy is significantly influenced by storage. For this reason we keep our stock strictly under control and we suggest, to all our retailers, to do the same.
- The use of Lab Quality reagents: to grant a constant, precise result like only professional products may permit. Not only are the reagents included in all Elos test kits precise but we use non-toxic reagents whenever possible.
- High precision: thanks to the use of calibrated dropper
- NIST validation: each batch is validated using NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) samples
- High number of test per kit: up to 40 test (with a standard level of 10 dKH)
- "Safe reagents": reagents and testing procedures are based on Low Risk Reagents. None of our test kit are based on Toxic Reagents
Deal of the Day!
EcoTech Radion XR30w G3 PRO LED Light FixtureEnds in00:00:00:00
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Aquarium Lighting
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Monitors, Testing & Controllers
- Pumps & Plumbing
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427