- Home /
- EcoTech Radion XR30w G3 LED Light Fixture
Worth the money By Dan on 6/20/2014Dan would recommend this product to a friendI currently run 8 radions over my 650 gallon reef aquarium. I added the radions after using 250 Watt MH fixtures. The PAR levels are definitely comparable to the MH and the intensity definitely out matches what my corals need. The programming allows a tremendous amount of flexibility. The only challenge is remembering to not bake the coral by adding too much light. Radions are more intense than they appear.
Still Great By Dennis on 4/30/2014Dennis would recommend this product to a friendWith the addition on UV leds and the subtle update to the look of the overall fixture it is still a great performer and just keeps getting better.
The best By Copper230 on 4/30/2014Copper230 would recommend this product to a friendI have longed for these radions since the day they came out. I saved up and was finally able to make the purchase of 2 Gen 3's. Sooooooo worth the money, my 75 reef went from night to day from the T-5 setup I had!!! These are infinitely adjustable and I could NEVER get this out of my T-5's or anything else.
WOW By terrell on 4/30/2014terrell would recommend this product to a friendWay better then 250 halides its like if you don't like the light just simply change it and takes as long or a time as you put in it. What made buy then was their vid on led light on you tube.
There are no videos related to this product.
Ask a Question About 'EcoTech Radion XR30w G3 LED Light Fixture '
Previously Asked Questions
by Crawford on June 6, 2014, @7:58 AM
First off, love the site, thanks for everything you guys do.
To my question:
I'm in the process of planning a 120g (48x24x24) that will house a pretty diverse coral group. Im currently looking at various lighting choices and I'm fairly certain that LED is the way to go, but which fixture should I go with.
1. I think I would need at least 2 of these Radions, correct?
2. Would it be better to go with Radions or Kessels? As far as price goes, it seems like Kessel is miles ahead of Radion.
Bulk Reef Supply Hey Crawford,
Thanks for the kind words! I agree that LED really is the way to go these days.
1. Correct, two Radions would be what your looking for here or if you want the ability to do SPS in the tank, probably 3 of the A360N.
2. What I would do here is decide on the features that you want because its not really an apples to apples comparison. Both lights are great, high quality lights, but they cater to entirely different styles. For example the Radion's can simulate weather and allow you to individually adjust each color LED to your liking, can be controlled via computer. Kessil is much simpler and has a shimmer that I would say is the best of all of them. Not a better or worse thing, just a matter of making sure you get the light with the features you want is all.
by art on July 11, 2014, @2:52 AM
Im about to build my first reef tank soon and don't want to be limited by any gear i chose in the set up in the beginning..
would one of these be enough to keep any type of coral in a 50 gal cube? (24" x 24" x 20")
also, what features does the pro version have that this doesn't?
Bulk Reef Supply Hi Art,
The Radion would be a great choice for a tank that size. In the full details of the product page there is a nice looking chart that compares the two models side by side, but largely the difference is just that the Pro version includes a couple of extra blue LED's and includes a pair of yellow LED's that the standard Radion doesn't have at all.
Go In-depth - CLICK HERE for BRS Product Write Up on the ReefLink from EcoTech Marine
Deal of the Day!
Milwaukee pH600 pH Meter PenEnds in
Regular Price: $24.99
Special Price: $21.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- hw Wiegandt
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Aquarium Lighting
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- New Products
- BRS Apparel
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427