- Home /
- Emperor Aquatics Smart UV LITE 40 Watt
UV sterilizers are most effective as a preventative measure against disease outbreak. While not infallible a properly sized and set up sterilizer will add a significant barrier to disease outbreak. Protecting your system and it's inhabitants will ultimately save money, promote long lived healthy fish and increase satisfaction received from the hobby. Sterilizers can also be used as a component of an effective strategy to current outbreak. Primarily to help ensure the outbreak doesn't re-emerge after treatment. Anyone who has had the misfortune to encounter an outbreak will appreciate the importance of preventive measures against future problems.
Bulk Reef Supply carries only the Emperor Aquatics line of UV Equipment because we feel they are the best UV sterilizers available to the aquarium industry and one of the few brands that offers legitimately sized units capable of fulfilling their claims.
Emperor Aquatics UV Sterilizers are superior to the competition in the following ways:
- Sterilizers are accurately sized based on contact time, flow rate and tank volume to achieve realistic results.
- Suggested sizes are based on end of bulb life to ensure continuous results
- Suggested flow rates factor in the water clarity and UV Transmittance of typical aquariums rather than basing them on purified water.
- Unique design maximizes the effective contact time by utilizing the full bulb length.
- Emperor aquatics is trusted by zoos, universities and public aquariums including Duke University, Monterey Bay Aquarium, SeaWorld, Georgia Aquarium, USDA Agricultural Research
40 Watt SMART UV Lite Sterilizer Specs
|Model No.||Maximum Aquarium Size||No. Lamps/Watts||Water Flow Rate Algae and Bacteria 30,000 µWs/cm² Suggested/Maximum||Water Flow Rate |
180,000 µWs/cm² Suggested/Maximum
|Input Watts||UV-C Output Watts||Dimensions (Inches)||Inlet/Outlet|
|02240||160 Gallons||1/40||589 GPH/983 GPH||98 GPH/164 GPH||40||14||44¾" x 2½"||1½" Union|
*Suggested flow rates are based on 80% power or "end of lamp's life" performance
*Maximum flow rates are based on 100% power or new lamp output
*Flow rates consider 90% UV transmissibility
Deal of the Day!
BRS GFO & Carbon Reactor – DualEnds in00:00:00:00
- Black Friday Deals & Doorbusters
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-F
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427