Ask a question
This is the probe module for measuring salinity but make sure to also pick up the actual salinity probe as well!
I do not see in the photo the inputs to attach the float switches.
I am wanting to use it for both an ATO and salinity monitor.
There is not an option to plug in float switches directly to the PM2. If you are looking for float switches you will need the Apex Breakout Box. The breakout box can plug into the I/O port on the PM2 or the apex main module. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
The modules for Apex will carry a 1 year warranty. I have included the warranty information on the Neptune site below. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
If you wanted to monitor two salinity probes you would need a module for each probe (so 2 in this situation).
The salinity probe itself is sold separately.
- Monitor/Control Conductivity/Salinity and temperature
- 4 Measurement ranges (0-900 uS/cm, 0-9.0 mS/cm, 0-90.0 mS/cm, 0-50 ppt)
- 6 digital inputs for float switches, water on floor sensors, pressure sensors, etc
- Full datalogging support in Apex Base module
- Up to 240 AquaBus modules can be added to the Apex system
- Plug and Play - Automatically recognized when installed into the system
- 2 AquaBus connectors for flexible expansion via AquaBus
- Comes with 3′ AquaBus cable
- Galvanic Isolation for accurate and reliable probe readings
- Led Status Indicator
- Upgradeable firmware
- Compatible with all Apex systems
Probe Stopped Working By Jason on 1/16/2017Jason wouldn't recommend this product to a friendWhile expensive for the module and probe it is nice to have a read out of the saltwater status. Can setup an alert if the reading goes outside your defined range. Probe stopped working after about a year.
Not accurate By Robert on 4/22/2015Robert wouldn't recommend this product to a friendA waste of money. Is never accurate according to my refractometer. Don't waste your money.
Very easy to set up had it set up within 5 minutes By Dbrown3 on 3/15/2015Dbrown3 would recommend this product to a friendVery easy to set up had it set up within 5 minutes
Easy to Setup By Franklyn on 12/17/2014Franklyn would recommend this product to a friendIt was easy to setup. Had it up and running within minutes
Just Buy it By Vanore on 9/13/2013Vanore would recommend this product to a friendIf you are 2nd guessing the PM2, don't. Just buy it
The conductivity reading from this module is dead accurate, and has a very fast refresh interval. This is a must have for the "control freak" the conductivity data graphs alone will shock the non ATO system keepers. Which now happens to be next on my list.