Look no further! By Ed on 12/8/13Ed would recommend this product to a friendShop if you will, but you won't find a better product or value.
Works as advertised By Bob on 11/25/13Bob would recommend this product to a friendActually being used in a small laboratory. Cheaper than distilled water and effective in 98% of pure water needs.
Easy to Load Easy to Use By Russell on 11/24/13Russell would recommend this product to a friendGreat product, been useing this for along time love the stuff,
Switched over from Kent DI cartridges BRS color changing DI resin comes in a sealable bag
Great Resin By Megan on 11/15/13Megan would recommend this product to a friendEasy to use. always extra in the bag. TDS meter agrees with the color changing. with that said GREAT PRODUCT!!!
Color Changing is a must! By Sven on 11/8/13Sven would recommend this product to a friendI can produce more product water with this DI Resin than I have been able to with the other brands I have tried.
Color changing is the way to go, it gives you a good heads up for when you need to start checking your TDS to monitor for replacement.
Easy to Load By Alan on 10/25/13Alan would recommend this product to a friendThis is a great BRS product . The color changing media takes out any guess work. 0 TDS right up until the end of its life. It loads quick and easy. Make sure you pack it into the cartridge so that the water does not channel through the media.
Inexpensive By hans on 10/17/13hans would recommend this product to a friendI love the price compared to replacement cartridges. A few times it has seemed to expire faster than other times, but this could be from my water source.
Excellent By Guess on 10/2/13Guess would recommend this product to a friendExcellent.
very good By James on 9/24/13James would recommend this product to a friendthis is for me no more guessing great job brs
Excellent.......... By Tanh on 9/5/13Tanh would recommend this product to a friendExcellent,exactly what I wanted.......
Great Product By Shovelrider on 9/5/13Shovelrider would recommend this product to a friendI refilled my DI resin for the first time and it was very easy with this product. The package is the perfect size with a little resin to spare. TDS was zero instantly after adding the new resin.
A+ product By Timothy on 9/3/13Timothy would recommend this product to a friendGreat product, on my second 1.5 gallon bag.
Switched over from Kent DI cartridges and will never switch back.
BRS color changing DI resin comes in a sealable bag that actually seals and the product stays fresh until the end.
In this episode of BRS TV we are going to go over ...
In this video we show you how to properly pack DI ...
In today's episode we are going to go over when t ...
Ask a Question About 'BRS Bulk Deionization Resin - Color Changing'
Previously Asked Questions
by Andrew on September 6, 2013, @10:38 AM
Does the color changing di turn noticeable brown? My di has brown in it however you really have to look close to see it.
Bulk Reef Supply Hey Andrew,
The DI resin changes from a dark blue/black color to a light gold yellow color. You should easily be able to tell from across the room!
BulkReefSupply.com takes pride in the proper packing of our DI Resin. DI resin begins depleting when exposed to air. To avoid this, we package all of our DI resin in foil-lined 4mm Mylar bags AND vacuum seal it so no air is left in the package to deplete the resin while its waiting to be used. Our resin can remain packaged this way for 2 years without losing its capacity. Our bulk DI bags are perfect for reefers who process a lot of water or otherwise go through resin quickly. The bags are resealable via a featured zipper lock. Keep in mind this won't be as good as the original seal so we recommend them only for reefers who need a high volume of DI Resin. Otherwise purchase the single refill packs for optimal freshness up to two years.
To get maximum life from your DI resin please takes the following steps
- Ensure optimal operation of your RO membrane. The higher your membranes rejection rate the fewer TDS your product water will contain resulting in longer lasting resin. The best way to keep the membrane rejection rate up is to monitor and change your prefilters appropriately as well as maintain at least 50psi going into the membrane.
- Ensure the resin is packed in the cartridge securely. The resin should be packed very tightly. When squeezed, there should be almost no flex to the cartridge.
- The initial couple minutes of water from your RO membrane will always be high, this is commonly referred to as TDS creep. Diverting the first few minutes of water down the drain can often greatly reduce DI resin consumption.
- Maintain low levels of carbon dioxide in your water supply. Excess carbon dioxide will deplete DI resin quickly. If you are depleting resin quickly and have already :addressed the two options above, excess carbon dioxide is the likely culprit. You have two choices:
- Collect the water coming from your RO system in a large container, add a powerhead or air stone and allow the CO2 to gas off. Then pump the water though your DI resin.
- Skip all that mess and just buy resin in bulk.
Deal of the Day!
BRS Felt Filter Sock with Draw StringEnds in00:00:00:00
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- BRS Additives
- Red Sea Additives
- Korallen-Zucht Additives
- Two Little Fishies
- Fauna Marin Aquarium Additives
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Medications & Pest Removal
- Monitors & Controllers
- Protein Skimmers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- UV & Ozone
- Videos & Books
- New Products
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Hours: 9am - 5pm CST M – F
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427