Ask a question
No it is not. Half of the DI resin beads are always brown and half are blue. The brown always stay brown and the blue resin changes from blue to clear as it is exhausted giving the appearance that the entire cartridge has turned brown.
If you use the resin quickly it wouldn't have any sort of noticeable effect if you close the seal after each use but if you are purchasing and planning it for long term storage then you would be better off purchasing the individual bags.
While there are a few different resins available, most DI resins will be made of a porous polymer called polystyrene sulfonate. There is nothing toxic about the media itself and should be fine to dispose of in your regular trash. Have a great day!
Di resin can last in vacuumed sealed bag around 6 months. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
You want to wait until the TDS starts to read above 0 as the TDS meter is the ultimate say, but generally speaking that is going to correspond with the DI resin turning almost entirely brown.
The DI resin changes from a dark blue/black color to a light gold yellow color. You should easily be able to tell from across the room!
The main enemy of DI resin is exposure to co2, which is why we use the Mylar foil lined bags and then vacuum seal them. Just store the bags in a room temperature place and you will be just fine :)
They sure will. All of the above (and basically any RO/DI unit) uses standard 10" cartridge sizes.
BulkReefSupply.com takes pride in the proper packing of our DI Resin. DI resin begins depleting when exposed to air. To avoid this, we package all of our DI resin in foil-lined 4mm Mylar bags AND vacuum seal it so no air is left in the package to deplete the resin while its waiting to be used. Our resin can remain packaged this way for 2 years without losing its capacity. Our bulk DI bags are perfect for reefers who process a lot of water or otherwise go through resin quickly. The bags are resealable via a featured zipper lock. Keep in mind this won't be as good as the original seal so we recommend them only for reefers who need a high volume of DI Resin. Otherwise purchase the single refill packs for optimal freshness up to two years.
To get maximum life from your DI resin please takes the following steps
- Ensure optimal operation of your RO membrane. The higher your membranes rejection rate the fewer TDS your product water will contain resulting in longer lasting resin. The best way to keep the membrane rejection rate up is to monitor and change your prefilters appropriately as well as maintain at least 50psi going into the membrane.
- Ensure the resin is packed in the cartridge securely. The resin should be packed very tightly. When squeezed, there should be almost no flex to the cartridge.
- The initial couple minutes of water from your RO membrane will always be high, this is commonly referred to as TDS creep. Diverting the first few minutes of water down the drain can often greatly reduce DI resin consumption.
- Maintain low levels of carbon dioxide in your water supply. Excess carbon dioxide will deplete DI resin quickly. If you are depleting resin quickly and have already :addressed the two options above, excess carbon dioxide is the likely culprit. You have two choices:
- Collect the water coming from your RO system in a large container, add a powerhead or air stone and allow the CO2 to gas off. Then pump the water though your DI resin.
- Skip all that mess and just buy resin in bulk.
5/5 By Brian on 4/9/2017Brian would recommend this product to a friendI have no problems with this product, I ended up re-vacuum sealing the 7.5lb bag into a few smaller bags since it will last for months.
My go to resin By Fokai on 4/8/2017Fokai would recommend this product to a friendThis continues to be my go to for resin. Great product at a great price
Quality Color Change Resin By Patrick on 4/7/2017Patrick would recommend this product to a friendOrdered the 1.25lb pack, enough for a single canister. BRS is awesome and gives you a bit more resin than you need, just in case you mess up and spill a little bit (like me). Fast and free shipping, perfect quantity of resin, great price.. other than that, not much else to say!
Great product By Paul on 4/4/2017Paul would recommend this product to a friendWorks just as it should. Changes color when exhausted
Do resin By Dan on 4/1/2017Dan would recommend this product to a friendGreat product. Wouldn't use anything else.
Excellent Product By Happy Hunter on 3/29/2017Happy Hunter would recommend this product to a friendThe color change is awesome and this comes nicely packaged in a vacuum sealed bag. The larger bag provided a nice bulk discount.
Always Great By Ken on 3/29/2017Ken would recommend this product to a friendIt always comes fresh and never had any problems with it.
Great resin! By Toni on 3/28/2017Toni would recommend this product to a friendGreat di resin. I always use this I love brs stuff. Ordering is easy and cheap. Free delivery is awesome
Saved my marriage... By ReefJunki on 3/23/2017ReefJunki would recommend this product to a friendNuff said...
Grate Product By John on 1/30/2017John would recommend this product to a friendThe di resin work grate and there is enough to fill the container and then some always some extra
Great Stuff By Jay on 1/23/2017Jay would recommend this product to a friendWhat's not to like. The main reason I get it is because of the packaging.
Does the job well By Kate on 1/17/2017Kate would recommend this product to a friendEasy to see when the resin needs changing, so my tank always has the highest quality water for water changes