Ask a question
No it is not. Half of the DI resin beads are always brown and half are blue. The brown always stay brown and the blue resin changes from blue to clear as it is exhausted giving the appearance that the entire cartridge has turned brown.
If you use the resin quickly it wouldn't have any sort of noticeable effect if you close the seal after each use but if you are purchasing and planning it for long term storage then you would be better off purchasing the individual bags.
Di resin can last in vacuumed sealed bag around 6 months. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
You want to wait until the TDS starts to read above 0 as the TDS meter is the ultimate say, but generally speaking that is going to correspond with the DI resin turning almost entirely brown.
The DI resin changes from a dark blue/black color to a light gold yellow color. You should easily be able to tell from across the room!
The main enemy of DI resin is exposure to co2, which is why we use the Mylar foil lined bags and then vacuum seal them. Just store the bags in a room temperature place and you will be just fine :)
They sure will. All of the above (and basically any RO/DI unit) uses standard 10" cartridge sizes.
BulkReefSupply.com takes pride in the proper packing of our DI Resin. DI resin begins depleting when exposed to air. To avoid this, we package all of our DI resin in foil-lined 4mm Mylar bags AND vacuum seal it so no air is left in the package to deplete the resin while its waiting to be used. Our resin can remain packaged this way for 2 years without losing its capacity. Our bulk DI bags are perfect for reefers who process a lot of water or otherwise go through resin quickly. The bags are resealable via a featured zipper lock. Keep in mind this won't be as good as the original seal so we recommend them only for reefers who need a high volume of DI Resin. Otherwise purchase the single refill packs for optimal freshness up to two years.
To get maximum life from your DI resin please takes the following steps
- Ensure optimal operation of your RO membrane. The higher your membranes rejection rate the fewer TDS your product water will contain resulting in longer lasting resin. The best way to keep the membrane rejection rate up is to monitor and change your prefilters appropriately as well as maintain at least 50psi going into the membrane.
- Ensure the resin is packed in the cartridge securely. The resin should be packed very tightly. When squeezed, there should be almost no flex to the cartridge.
- The initial couple minutes of water from your RO membrane will always be high, this is commonly referred to as TDS creep. Diverting the first few minutes of water down the drain can often greatly reduce DI resin consumption.
- Maintain low levels of carbon dioxide in your water supply. Excess carbon dioxide will deplete DI resin quickly. If you are depleting resin quickly and have already :addressed the two options above, excess carbon dioxide is the likely culprit. You have two choices:
- Collect the water coming from your RO system in a large container, add a powerhead or air stone and allow the CO2 to gas off. Then pump the water though your DI resin.
- Skip all that mess and just buy resin in bulk.
Good product. By Sergio. on 9/14/2016Sergio. would recommend this product to a friendVery good product. When the resin changes color, change the resin. It's that simple. :-)
Great By Brofish on 9/3/2016Brofish would recommend this product to a friendClearly a superior product
Works Great By Scott S on 8/23/2016Scott S would recommend this product to a friendThis stuff works great for getting you great water quality. The price is also hard to beat. This is the only DI Resin I use!
Zero TDS By Ray on 7/28/2016Ray would recommend this product to a friendDoes what it is supposed to. 2-3 TDS from dual membrane. Zero TDS after first DI stage. More than enough to pack your cartridge full.
Does its job By Tracy on 7/13/2016Tracy wouldn't recommend this product to a friendIts all I buy...works like its suppose to.
Great product By stephanie s on 6/6/2016stephanie s would recommend this product to a friendThis product is number one in the industry and I don't use anything else. Kudos to BRS in carrying this product and being able to ship it same day or next. I recommend you keep left over product in a plastic bag in the fridge until you need to reorder.
Trippy color changer By Larry on 6/6/2016Larry would recommend this product to a friendWorks great and changes color very easily to see in canister. Don't get consistent runs though. I swap out my other sediment and .5 carbon micron filters at the same time just to get it done. pressure still the same, but last 2 changes have run out quicker than the last batch with no change on usage.
Fantastic resin. By Mark on 6/4/2016Mark would recommend this product to a friendThis stuff works great. I know BRS says it will last up to 6 months in the vacuum sealed bag, but it lasts way longer than that. I have had mine for more than 8 months and it is still effective. I run 2 DI chambers on my unit and it lasts a while and I get 0 TDS from my unit with the BRS color changing resin.
Great media, best price. By Earl on 5/24/2016Earl would recommend this product to a friendThis is the only deionizer resin I buy. It is packaged well, and is the best price I have found.
Great buy as always By kelson on 5/1/2016kelson would recommend this product to a friendPerfect replacment for when your DI resin needs to be changed out!
Great Product By Al on 4/9/2016Al would recommend this product to a friend5th time I bought resin, great stuff.
Excellent By Tim on 4/7/2016Tim would recommend this product to a friendEasy to use, know exactly when it is used up.