Filter Socks, Pads, and Fleece
Filter Socks are used on overflows to remove small floating particles from aquarium water. This can dramatically improve water quality and reduce maintenance on filters that would otherwise become clogged. Filter socks come in mesh or felt and with a plastic ring or draw string. Bulk Reef Supply recommends starting with felt socks and switching to mesh if they clog faster than desired. Bulkreefsuppl.com also carries filter sock holders from Vertex and CPR Aquatics.
Find the filter sock that works best:
Mesh: Thin, doesn't clog as easily as felt
Felt: Thicker, better at removing particles, but can clog faster
Plastic Ring: attaches via ring that fits common sump holders
Draw String: attaches directly to plumbing
Filter sock benefits:
- Regular use will result in crystal clear water most convenient form of mechanical filtration.
- Remove excess food, detritus, organic waste, dust and other particulates
- Convenient form of mechanical filtration
- Prevents larger objects like sand, crabs and snails from damaging pump motors
- Reduces ammonia and nitrate producing organic waste
- Increases filter life
Starting at: $39.59
Starting at: $5.39