- Home /
- BRS Reverse Osmosis Chloramines Monster
Starting at: $2.99
Starting at: $5.99
Starting at: $7.99
Great for cities with a love of Chloramines By Jonathan on 6/13/2013Jonathan would recommend this product to a friendSo far we have mainly used it for drinking water, but the removal of all chlorine taste is great. We especially love its capacity as our city likes to turn up the chloramines during the summer.
Thing is a BEAST! By Chris on 3/10/2012Chris would recommend this product to a friendThey aren't kidding about it being a monster, it's a BEAST. My town water uses a lot of chloramine, so I got this for the extra assurance that nothing would get to my livestock. I gave it all fours as it was expensive and I haven't really tested the output for chloramine levels. But, just based upon the sheer size of it, it definitely gives me piece of mind that nothing is getting through.
Previously Asked Questions
by Daniel on February 19, 2014, @3:26 PM
I just purchased this item and I was wondering the best way to plumb it into my RO unit.... Should it be first inline than into the RO unit or should I plumb the sediment filter, chloramine monster, than the MATRIKX Carbon Block....
Bulk Reef Supply Hey Daniel,
With this unit most folks just install it first before the entire system.
Chloramine is different than Chlorine and is used in 10% of U.S. water supplies. Standard RO filters will not remove chloramines from the water. If your household water supply contains chloramines install the Chloramine Monster before your current RO system. If you are unsure if your city uses chloramines, call your water treatment center or city hall and ask. They should also be able to provide you with a water quality report as well.
Each BRS Reverse Osmosis Chloramines Monster contains a Pentek CRFC20-BB Radial Flow Carbon Filter and is ideal for chloramine taste & odor reduction in POE (Point-of-Entry) and other high-flow rate applications. The CRFC20-BB reduces chlorine, chloramines, taste & odor, and particulates from your water.
- A radial flow design that offers low pressure drop, minimal carbon fine release, and extended cartridge life.
- The huge radial cartridge of surface modified carbon provides the extended contact time that is required to properly convert chloramines into harmless chloride and nitrogen.
- At common RO system incoming flow rates (less than 1g/min) the manufacturer has informed us the Pentek CRFC20-BB cartridge will last 75,000 gallons.
- At a 3:1 waste to product water ratio this filter will produce almost 19,000 gallons of RO water.
- We recommend this unit be used in conjunction with the Pentek ChlorPlus carbon blocks in your RO system.
Deal of the Day!
Hamilton Metal Halide 175W Electronic Ballast - AssembledEnds in
Regular Price: $149.99
Special Price: $112.4900:00:00:00
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Aquarium Lighting
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Monitors, Testing & Controllers
- Pumps & Plumbing
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Tank Maintenance & Salt Mix
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427