- Home /
- BRS Bulk Deionization Resin
Starting at: $6.99
$3.49 As low as: $3.32
Starting at: $7.99
Starting at: $5.99
Outstanding! By Paul on 5/14/2014Paul would recommend this product to a friendI've been relying on BRS from the get-go and the DI resin is one of the products i regularly need. I've used the regular kind in stead of the color changing type and with the same positive results. I re-ordered and i was pleasantly surprised when i opened the box as they included an extra unit.... That made my day
Works great By Steve on 11/25/2013Steve would recommend this product to a friendHave used BRS for my mag, cal, alk and order this for the first time. Works great in my RODI system and cheaper than what I paying. Also the video shows the correct way to refill you canister. Thanks BRS, I was not aware the resign should be packed. I would recommend this product
Right Stuff! By Paul on 11/12/2013Paul would recommend this product to a friendNo Hasle ordering and great results. I'm trying the regular this time in stead of colorchange...tds meter will tell me when its time...BRS has been my key to success sofar...tank is doing great!
good stuff wish it came individually packed for each 10 inch for longer lasting. Excellent product otherwise. By phillip on 9/16/2013phillip would recommend this product to a friendgood stuff wish it came individually packed for each 10 inch for longer lasting. Excellent product otherwise.
Works every time By Jocelyn on 8/14/2013Jocelyn would recommend this product to a friendGreat stuff great price works every time.
Great Product By Troy on 8/13/2013Troy would recommend this product to a friendI have used the color changing media for a couple of years without a problem and just changed to the non color changing since I have tds meters and always have a backup supply I don't need to see the depletion. They both work great and are a great value as well.
Nicely Done By Aaron on 6/29/2013Aaron would recommend this product to a friendConsistent TDS of zero. I love the little extra resin supplied as it does tend to spill a bit when packing it in the canister. Easy to pack with the BRS video though. If you don't have a TDS meter the color changing resin might be a better solution, however. Either way you can't go wrong with BRS pricing and service.
Another great product, great price, great company. By NickP on 6/14/2013NickP would recommend this product to a friendProduct came in a thick, vacuum sealed bag. There was more in the bag than my DI canister could hold. Went from 8 TDS post-membrane to 0 TDS after the new DI resin was installed.
As usual BRS shipped out next day & the order was here in just a couple of days. Always great customer service from the guys at BRS.
Great Stuff By Collin on 6/7/2013Collin would recommend this product to a friendWorks well, TDS to Zero
If you have a TDS meter buy it. By Joe on 3/23/2013Joe would recommend this product to a friendMy incoming TDS is 1100-1420 so I go through a lot of resin on a regular basis. Color changing resin works great without a TDS meter but depending on my incoming numbers I normally get 5-7 more gallons per cartridge refill with the non color change resin. They both work great but for those of you that have a meter go with the non color change. One more thing, no matter how much or how hard I pack the refill there's always a gap or room in the cartridge with the nuke grade after 25gals or so compared to the color changing.
great By willard on 3/17/2013willard would recommend this product to a friendworks like it says
Great stuff By Jocelyn on 3/8/2013Jocelyn would recommend this product to a friendWorks like a charm. Long lasting for my area (central FL). The amount in the packet fits perfect in the refilable cartridge. I buy 2 at a time so that I always have some on hand.
BulkReefSupply.com takes pride in the proper packing of our DI Resin. DI resin begins depleting when exposed to air. To avoid this, we package all of our DI resin in foil-lined 4mm Mylar bags AND vacuum seal it so no air is left in the package to deplete the resin while its waiting to be used. Our resin can remain packaged this way for 2 years without losing its capacity. Our bulk DI bags are perfect for reefers who process a lot of water or otherwise go through resin quickly. The bags are resealable via a featured zipper lock. Keep in mind this won't be as good as the original seal so we recommend them only for reefers who need a high volume of DI Resin. Otherwise purchase the single refill packs for optimal freshness up to two years.
To get maximum life from your DI resin please takes the following steps
- Ensure optimal operation of your RO membrane. The higher your membranes rejection rate the fewer TDS your product water will contain resulting in longer lasting resin. The best way to keep the membrane rejection rate up is to monitor and change your prefilters appropriately as well as maintain at least 50psi going into the membrane.
- Ensure the resin is packed in the cartridge securely. The resin should be packed very tightly. When squeezed, there should be almost no flex to the cartridge.
- The initial couple minutes of water from your RO membrane will always be high, this is commonly referred to as TDS creep. Diverting the first few minutes of water down the drain can often greatly reduce DI resin consumption.
- Maintain low levels of carbon dioxide in your water supply. Excess carbon dioxide will deplete DI resin quickly. If you are depleting resin quickly and have already :addressed the two options above, excess carbon dioxide is the likely culprit. You have two choices:
- Collect the water coming from your RO system in a large container, add a powerhead or air stone and allow the CO2 to gas off. Then pump the water though your DI resin.
- Skip all that mess and just buy resin in bulk.
Deal of the Day!
BRS 4 Stage RO/DI Replacement Filter KitEnds in
Regular Price: $22.99
Special Price: $18.9900:00:00:00
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Aquarium Lighting
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-Th
10am-4pm CST Friday
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427