Ask a question
City started adding and readings are 1.0 ppm out of tap! You can smell it. High losses of fry.
I don't see that unit removes ammonia, does it ?
These will remove ammonia through the RO membrane stage to 99% and the DI will bring the total down to 0. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
The lifespan of the filters and membrane will vary on the quality and pressure of the water coming into the system. Typically the Sediment, Carbon, and DI will last between 6-9 months with regular use and the RO membrane around 2 years. With the TDS meter you can tell when filters are losing performance. Replacement RO membranes cost around $34 and replacement filter kits are $59. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions!
All BRS RO/DI systems reflect the latest in reverse osmosis technology with updated filters, components and design updates.
Value systems:Designed to treat for chlorine, low volume chloramine usage and most well water*. Value systems are compact, portable, upgradeable and most importantly affordable.
Universal systems: Designed to be best in industry filtration for chloramines, chlorine and well water as well as cover the widest array of contaminates. This is the ideal solution if you simply want to know you have the best filtration available.
The standard BRS Universal system model is the most affordable solution that treats for virtually every water treatment concern for the reef aquarium and is completely upgradeable for the future.
6 Stages of Filtration:
- GE ROSave.Z 1 Micron Depth Filter
- Dual BRS Universal 1 Micron Carbon Block Filter (35,000 Gallons Chlorine / 3,500 Gallons Chloramines)
- 75 GPD Dow Filmtec Membrane
- Pre-filled Dual Deionization (DI) stage with refillable cartridges
Parts Bag Includes:
- 1/4" push connect drain saddle clamp to plumb the waste water line from the RO system to a sink's drain pipe
- Mur-lok push connect inline ball valve for easy on/off
- Filter wrench to tighten and loosen canisters
- Self-piercing saddle valve to make a permanent connection to household water supply
- Chrome faucet connector with adapters to make a non-permanent connection to kitchen sink
- Utility sink/garden hose adapter to make a non-permanent connection to garden hose or laundry tub
- Mur-lok EZ angle stop adaptor to make a semi-permanent connection to household water supply under sink
- Float Valve
- Insta-Test Free & Total Chlorine Strips to test water for proper filter replacement
- Drain Saddle Clamp to make a semi-permanent connection to your household drain for waste water
- Automatic shut-off valve
- Mur-lok push connect dual EPDM O-ring fittings
- 10 Ft each of 1/4" blue, red and black Tubing
- All BRS Universal Reverse Osmosis units exclusively feature NSF-certified BRS Universal Carbon Block Filters with 30% more carbon than standards blocks, NSF-certified GE ROSave.Z with twice the dirt and sediment capacity of most sediment filters and American made NSF-certified DOW reverse osmosis membranes.
- Includes Total and Free Chlorine test strips to help identify if your city is using chlorine or chloramines
- Limited Lifetime Warranty which includes unlimited support via chat, phone or email with our WQA certified customer service staff
- Side mounted dual DI stages which allow for TDS testing between each stage.
- Qualifies for free shipping
- Dimensions - 16" x 6.25" x 15.5" (RO bracket) / 10" x 6.25" x 14" (DI bracket)
Quick Compare - BRS Universal RO/DI Systems
|BRS 6 Stage Universal||BRS 6 Stage Universal Plus||BRS 6 Stage Universal Water Saver Plus|
|Price||$229.99 (free shipping)||$299.99 (free shipping)||$329.99 (free shipping)|
|Gallons Per Day||75 GPD||75 GPD||150 GPD|
|Sediment Filter||1 Micron ROSave.Z Sediment Filter||1 Micron ROSave.Z Sediment Filter||1 Micron ROSave.Z Sediment Filter|
|Carbon Block||Dual BRS Universal 1 Micron Carbon Block||Dual BRS Universal 1 Micron Carbon Block||Dual BRS Universal 1 Micron Carbon Block|
|Membrane||75 GPD Dow Filmtec Membrane||
75 GPD Dow Filmtec Membrane
(2) 75 GPD Dow Filmtec Membranes
|Deionization||Dual DI Stage with Refillable Cartridge||
Dual DI Stage with Refillable Cartridge
Dual DI Stage with Refillable Cartridge
|Glycerin Filled Pressure Gauge||
|Triple InlineTDS Meter||✓||✓|
|Water Saver Upgrade Kit||✓|
Nice system dont forget the upgrade By jeremiah on 3/16/2016jeremiah would recommend this product to a friendI am new to the hobby and like to do alot of research before purchasing products. The reviews i read points me in BRS direction. My olny wish is that i had purchased the upgrade kit with the system. I purchased the 75 gal per day upgrade kit and tds meter after about 1 week. I could have saved myself a little money purchasing everything as one.
Awesome and so easy to upgrade! By Snupa on 2/24/2016Snupa would recommend this product to a friendOne night this winter the temps outside dropped below 0F and the pipes froze in the laundry room where I kept my RO/DI unit. The entire unit exploded as the water inside it turned to ice and I had to buy a new unit fast. Luckily I bought my previous RO/DI from BRS and I was able to save some parts from the broken one (TDS Meter, Pressure Gauge, Flush valve) and therefore only needed the standard system. I was deciding between the deluxe or the 3 canister one but felt that the extra carbon and RI canisters make a huge difference in water quality and how often I'd have to replace the overall system.
It arrive today and it took me less than 15 minutes to install the upgrades that I saved from my old RO unit and install it in place of where the other one was. Back to producing great quality water!
Great Value! By Matthew on 10/25/2015Matthew would recommend this product to a friendAs any reefer knows, RODI water is a must. I spent some time debating between the BRS 6 stage and Spectra Pure. I ended up choosing BRS for two reasons: 1) Price and 2) 6 stages. I have been using my RODI filter for a couple months now and it works great! I will definitely be upgrading with a TDS meter, pressure gauge, and the appropriate water-saver components. Thanks BRS!
good quality, good price and good customer support By Todd on 6/17/2015Todd would recommend this product to a friendThis is the first Ro/Di I have ever purchased and it was extremely easy to install. It came with several different adapters, extra tubing,spare parts for just about any configuration you would have. About 3 days after I ordered it, it went on sale. A quick question to customer service resulted in a refund of the difference. It is good to know that their policy allows me to order without concern that I'll miss out if the product goes on sale within 14 days or purchase!
Excellent!!! By Steve on 5/5/2015Steve would recommend this product to a friendThis is the first Ro/Di I have ever purchased am I could not be happier!It is extremely easy to install any way you're doing it!It came with several different adapters, extra tubing,spare parts and the instructions are fool proof!I have just ordered upgrade parts for it too!Also first purchase from BRS and the customer service is nothing less that amazing! BRS also ships with the quickness!BRS,you have a customer for life!
Six stars By Rich on 4/24/2015Rich would recommend this product to a friendFantastic easy to use, very well built and easy to add on extra parts if you want.... Have made over 200 gallons with it in the past month right out of the box and not a single complaint. Shipped quick and packaged very very well. I use this for my reef tank and Africian chicilids.
Excellant By Timothy on 3/29/2015Timothy would recommend this product to a friendThis systems works extremely well. Highly recommended over the smaller units as the extra GPD really saves time.
must have By bobby on 3/20/2015bobby would recommend this product to a friendthis will be the best money you will spend on this hobby if you want to have a successful reef
Unmatched combination of quality and value By Shawn on 2/26/2015Shawn would recommend this product to a friendI have this system with the 150 gallon per day upgrade and find it to be the best RO DI system available. I've used Spectrapure systems for the last 10 years and felt they were 5 star systems. The Bulk Reef system is better and less expensive. Unless you have over 60 PSI in your home I would also recommend adding a pressure pump. My unit produces about 30% more water when I have the pump on vs off