- Home /
- Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer
No related items recommended for this product.
Save your money By Gil on 7/29/2014Gil wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI purchased the 50ft model to do water changes on my 330 gal reef system. My opinion, save your money and purchase a Python gravel vac. They use a larger internal diameter hose than the Aqueon model. When I used the Aqueon vac the hose starts to collapse from the suction. My Python that I had a few years back never had that problem, so I was a little disappointed in the performance of Aqueons siphon.
I do like the shutoff valve on the gravel tube though.
Versatile and Handy By Lucas on 3/8/2014Lucas would recommend this product to a friendI bought the 50' version and it was well worth it.
In the summer I can hook it up to the garden hose spigot outside. In the winter it connects to a sink faucet. It works great when using it as an old fashioned manual siphon as well. It fits on the outlet of a maxi jet so I can refill the tank from my mixing barrel. It works with a 1/2" barb fitting and hose clamp if your mixing station is hard plumbed to an external pump.
It has saved me a lot of carrying buckets!
Better than a bucket! By Chris on 12/29/2013Chris would recommend this product to a friendHave had no issues with the plastic inserts and I am currently threading it in and out of my bathroom faucet on a weekly basis.
Creats descent suction for getting mild algae off your rocks but will clog if anything larger gets sucked in there accidentally.
Been going on a year now and will buy another if it fails on me. Worth the investment
No more buckets for me! By Greg on 6/4/2013Greg would recommend this product to a friendEasy to use and no more buckets!
As other reviewers have said...make sure your sink and/or drain can handle the flow. I use a laundry tub for mine, so I have no issues.
Fair Value By Jake on 6/3/2013Jake wouldn't recommend this product to a friendConvenient product if your prior method was using a bucket and short hose. However, it falls short of performance when compared to similar products by other manufacturers. Biggest complaint is the plastic tee that screws onto the sink is too weak and will snap after short usage. Second complaint is the hose is rather rigid and doesn't roll up well, it's a soft hose, but not vintage soft. I prefer softer tubing such as in Python's kit. However, Aqueon does have great customer support and will send replacement tee's when they break.
I was disappointed By Jeff on 5/2/2013Jeff wouldn't recommend this product to a friendI bought the 50' version of this, and was really optimistic. I have a pretty big tank (240 gallons), and was looking forward to avoiding buckets for the huge water changes. However, I found it less than ideal.
1) It seems really wasteful to flush the fresh water down the drain continuously in order to pull some saltwater out of the tank.
2) The connector that is used to hook it up to the faucet is really flimsy and is undoubtedly going to fail me in a few months.
3) Once you have emptied the tank of the water, the 50' of tube is full of waste water and is relatively difficult to empty.
I would not buy this again. I think I'm going to adopt a cart-based approach that uses a pump instead.
Make sure your drain isn't too slow By Travis on 4/1/2013Travis would recommend this product to a friendThis product ended up being a wasted purchase. Nothing was wrong with the item, per se, but my bathroom sink drain is notoriously slow. All the snaking in the world won't make it run faster. This item has the best suction when water is turned all the way on, which continues to overflow the sink. Keep sink location in mind or get the longer hose to open up some drain options.
SWMBO likes it By Jeremy on 2/20/2013Jeremy would recommend this product to a friendThis makes doing a water change so much easier by not having to carry buckets of water across the carpet. I took one star off because of the quality of a couple of the fittings that are used on the system. I still recommend that every one should have one of they just to make this part of life a little more simple.
Best investment By Terrance on 12/26/2012Terrance would recommend this product to a friendThis is very easy to use. I just hate how fragile the plastic faucet connector is. Be very careful handling it and try not to put excessive pressure on it. I had to superglue some leaks for the connector...
I still love this product. I now watch TV while doing weekly water changes.
Slow By Bill on 11/1/2012Bill would recommend this product to a friendSeemed to be a bit slowing than doing it manually. I hope its just a loose fitting but I couldn't find anything leaking.
simple way to change water every week By Yutong on 9/11/2012Yutong would recommend this product to a friendif you have a big tank, you should have it
Great product and easy to use. By Tkarg on 4/15/2012Tkarg would recommend this product to a friendThis product has made my life so much easier. I just plug it into my sink and away it goes. I would highly recommend this to anyone who has problems with water changes. Thanks BRS!
There are no videos related to this product.
Aqueon's water changer is an excellent all-in-one device.
- Durable plastic gravel vacuum with an attachable hose
- Easy faucet connector kit attaches your vacuum and water changer directly to your home faucet.
- Simple flow valve allows you to switch quickly from a gravel vacuum to a water changer.
- Special splash control helps reduce dirty water splashing in the sink.
- 50 ft hose or 25 ft hose
- Attach water flow assembly to faucet using faucet adapter.
- Submerge gravel tube in aquarium water.
- Open water flow assembly valve and close gravel tube valve.
- Turn on faucet. Open gravel tube valve to begin vacuuming.
- To fill: Close water flow assembly valve and open gravel tube valve.
Connecting water flow assembly and gravel tube to hose:
- Unscrew and remove compression nut.
- Slide compression nut over end of flexible tubing.
- Push flexible tubing over hose barb where compression nut was removed.
- Slide compression nut back down flexible tubing and turn to tighten onto threads behind hose barb.
- Ensure that compression nut is securely holding flexible tubing in place.
Deal of the Day!
BRS Reef Chili Coral FoodEnds in00:00:00:00
Deal of the Day!
BRS 2 Part Calcium & Alkalinity Total Package with DosersEnds in00:00:00:00
Deal of the Day!
Refractometer for Reading Salinity with Calibration FluidEnds in
Regular Price: $39.99
Special Price: $24.9900:00:00:00
- Black Friday Deals & Doorbusters
- Bulk Media & Additives
- Bulk Reverse Osmosis Filters & Systems
- Bulk Dry Live Rock & Live Sand
- Auto Top Off Systems
- Calcium, Alkalinity & Trace Elements
- Controllers, Monitors & Testing
- Filter Media
- Fish & Coral Foods
- Fragging Supplies
- Heaters & Chillers
- Pumps & Plumbing
- Salt Mix & Tank Maintenance
Skimmers & Reactors
- Internal Protein Skimmers
- External Protein Skimmers
- Hang On Skimmers
- Ozone Equipment
- Nano Skimmers & Accessories
- UV Sterilizers
- Sumps, Tanks & Refugiums
- Specials, New & BRS Gear
Send us your feedback
Let us know.
Phone Hours: 7am - 7pm CST M-F
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400
Golden Valley, MN 55427 Map
View Larger Map 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 400, Golden Valley, MN 55427